I've encountered a strange bug where all around the roads, cities and interiors there are floating piles of stones and snippets of road - sometimes floating and sometimes on the ground. I tried reinstalling, removing mods; a lot of troubleshooting and managed to isolate the problem to apparently cleaning the native files - update.esm, dawnguard.esm, hearthfire.esm, and dragonborn.esm with SSEEdit. I also used the latest version of it, 4.1.5. Experimental.

Anyone else having the same issue? Or would anyone else be able to recreate the problem?

As I haven't found a solution, I suppose the only way to approach this situation is to leave the files untouched. I haven't left them so in years, so the consequences of that are unknown to me.

Anyone able to elaborate on that?

21 minutes ago, RaggaR said:

I've encountered a strange bug where all around the roads, cities and interiors there are floating piles of stones and snippets of road - sometimes floating and sometimes on the ground. I tried reinstalling, removing mods; a lot of troubleshooting and managed to isolate the problem to apparently cleaning the native files - update.esm, dawnguard.esm, hearthfire.esm, and dragonborn.esm with SSEEdit. I also used the latest version of it, 4.1.5. Experimental.

Anyone else having the same issue? Or would anyone else be able to recreate the problem?

As I haven't found a solution, I suppose the only way to approach this situation is to leave the files untouched. I haven't left them so in years, so the consequences of that are unknown to me.

Anyone able to elaborate on that?

Verify / validate files. I personally never “clean” files, especially those installed the game.

There used to be a bug in xEdit where if you cleaned Dragonborn.esm it would delete most of the final battle arena in Apocrypha. I heard it was fixed at some point, but generally I find no reason to clean vanilla plugins. Mods with unexpected edits is what you should be worried about. An example of this would be the armor mod COCO Caress of Venus which for whatever reason also makes *some* ore veins glow in the dark.

I suppose that's the way, then - for now at least. Thank you to the both of you.

I also ran some more troubleshooting and managed to locate the issue. The problem lies with cleaning masters from the new _resourcepack.esl that was introduced in the latest update. It's an easy fix for the problem, but I still have no idea what is actually happening.

Edited by RaggaR