Is there any quick way to get an install set up and running?

So, I tried following along with the "Skyrim AE for beginners" modlist, but it took me hours and hours just to get like 30% of the way through. I'm not new to installing modded skyrim, but it's been a while since I did an install and I've never had a pc as powerful as the one I have now. I never messed with dyndolod or combining esps in the past. With stuff like wabbajack and nexus collections, I'm wondering if there's any sort of just basics graphical overhaul and bug fixes that I can install and build off of. Because going off of that giant list was a lot. And I wasn't even sure it would work.

I've been modding for a decade and I still find lots of things to change and mess with. So you have about 87653 hours left to go, give or take a few for sleepy time and work time. ?

Never install several mods at once without testing, especially if they affect eachother. When you're good at file and plugin record conflict resolution you can do it; but when starting out its one of the easiest ways to brick your setup. Same reason why Collections are a bad idea - your setup becomes a black box and no one knows how or why it works (if it works).

On 1/4/2024 at 3:23 AM, traison said:

I've been modding for a decade and I still find lots of things to change and mess with. So you have about 87653 hours left to go, give or take a few for sleepy time and work time. ?

Never install several mods at once without testing, especially if they affect eachother. When you're good at file and plugin record conflict resolution you can do it; but when starting out its one of the easiest ways to brick your setup. Same reason why Collections are a bad idea - your setup becomes a black box and no one knows how or why it works (if it works).

I mean, I've been on this forum since 2012...

And I've installed a few collections before. I just wasn't a fan of everything they changed.