[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Not sure if this has been asked or not. Does anyone need your permission before using any part of your mod?

Not particularly, so long as proper credit is attributed(either to myself, or to the person who created whatever it is you're using; consult the credits in the OP if unsure).

Most of the assets are en_hawk's though.

Hi. Can I check out the source code for the SK_Armor_SKSE.dll? I want to ask if I can use and adapt it for my mod where I plan to have skeleton NPCs wearing vanilla armors without the need to edit the Armor Objects for better compatibility and no need to make extra esp patches.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is a way to run this for the Races, but have RS Children for the replacer?  The skykids replacer isn't very appealing to look at, especially when I have every other npc looking awesome.

Just choose not to install the NPC replacer when you run the SK installer. Install SK after installing RS just to be on the safe side.

I used to have rs children and then I got skykids and did the NPC replacer.  Now I miss RS.  And just to make things more complicated, I am using NMM.  *braces for the onslaught of MO praisers*.  Can I just uninstall the SK NPC replacer and reinstall the RS replacer in NMM?

I found out about the superiority of MO a couple months into my modding adventures.  I'm playing a character that has over 120 hours and 210 installed mods (150 mod active) and only about 4-7 CTD's.  A complete reinstall of Skyrim and mods to switch *snaps fingers* over to MO is not something I'm looking forward to.  I don't post much on these forums, yet it feels so familiar.  All hail the lizard cows.

Having issues with vampirism.  Get the disease, 3 days later, get the message about powers awakening, or some such.  Then nothing after that.  No abilities, no feeding, etc.

I thought mayhap i'd use the console to just change to the vampire race, but i don't know the skykids console designation.  I've tried every variant i can think of and nothing.  Advice?

I"m using the Sacrosanct mod, if that means anything.  

• 2 weeks later...

Crashing to desktop after installation. i followed the install instructions to the T im sure and i crash when the geam ereaches the dragon main menu

I'm getting ctds on the main menu too, I'm 100% sure the crashes are caused by the armor swapper dll. The old patcher was way better.

Crashing to desktop after installation. i followed the install instructions to the T im sure and i crash when the geam ereaches the dragon main menu

I'm getting ctds on the main menu too, I'm 100% sure the crashes are caused by the armor swapper dll. The old patcher was way better.

I have been running the dll for the last 2 years with no problem.

I have been running the dll for the last 2 years with no problem.

Well that's weird because I'm getting ctds on the main menu with skykids, I tested mod by mod to see what was causing the crashes and it was skykids, specifically the armor swapper dll. As soon as I remove the dll everything works fine, but if I put it back I get the ctds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I try to download from MEGA, it says the provided encryption key is invalid. :(

Just tried it, and it starts downloading fine for me.

https://mega.nz/#!eQsAyY5Q!wR8o0kZP7ZiEGIpzYiCFVthXkMlriXFwaGVE58L9r-s

It's Firefox. It STILL fails with the latest Firefox, but works like a charm in Chromium.

Works fine in Firefox.

Just tried again... using latest Firefox in Ubuntu and it asks for the decryption key. Some links work in Firefox, and some don't (like this one), but DO work in Chromium. It's not a big deal - I just open the ones that don't work in Firefox in Chromium and everything's peachy. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for SkyKids, en_hawk! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

post-2243614-0-32340300-1505030780_thumb.jpg

Right now I'm in the process of building a character based on the Monli race and preset(s) for my next playthrough. Things are going well but I have one or two problems I can't solve even after reading the FAQ.

- when my Monli pc jumps, she stays airborne for several seconds and that "flapping wings" animation is playing like she was falling, although her jumping height is not unduly high.

- in order to see more than the top half of my char, I had to adjust the vertical camera offset to -60 by way of the Customizable Camera mod. Now it's extremely difficult to activate objects that aren't laying flat on the ground in 3rd person view. I have to make her look way skywards to find the activator and the activator is not at all where the crosshair is.

I tried out the player height adjuster mod but that didn't help at all.

Also I tried out about half a dozen different skeletons, none of them made any difference.

And lastly I tried out some ini tweaks named "lolicam" I found, but the Customizable Camera mod overrides them anyway.

Hopefully someone who had similar problems can tell me how to solve them - thanks very much in advance.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any luck installing this recently? I have an older setup (same versions) that has run fine for ages, but I recently rebuilt a new mod setup and have had no luck getting this to run.

Getting CTD after the background loads, but before the main menu's buttons finish loading.

I've got all of the correct dependencies and versions, and everything in the load order is correct. It even crashes if the esm is disabled. I can get it to start up if I delete the .dll or the esm.

Is there an issue with the latest SKSE or something similar?

So this mod works with the Special Edition, however my character is always in underwear ("Sky Children"), even with equipped armor. That is not really what I wanted, and kind of immersion breaking. Does anyone have an idea what might have caused this and how to make armor show up? I assume it might have something to do with the new armor injector resizer thing (sorry, I have no idea how those things work :s, excuse my ignorance) not being compatible with the alpha SKSE 2.0.5.

I used the Nexus Mod Manager to install Skykids and RaceCompatibility and am using the most recent SKSE 2.0.4.

Load Order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

RaceCompatibility.esm

Skykids.esm

SK Drow Child Race.esm

SK Monli Race.esm

SK Children of the Sky.esm

SK Drow Taldyn.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp

SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp

SK Playable Kids.esp

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

The armor is not displayed, what's even worse is that helmets even remove parts of the hair and gives the character a bald spot.

Edited by Ninaran
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, astor said:

Having issues with vampirism.  Get the disease, 3 days later, get the message about powers awakening, or some such.  Then nothing after that.  No abilities, no feeding, etc.

I thought mayhap i'd use the console to just change to the vampire race, but i don't know the skykids console designation.  I've tried every variant i can think of and nothing.  Advice?

I"m using the Sacrosanct mod, if that means anything.  

Little late, but I've had the same issue. Sacrosanct is incompatible. Without Sacrosanct installed, I was able to progress normally to vampirism, but sacrosanct causes everything to melt down. Not sure if Better Vampires works or not though.