LOTD Less Annoying Avram

This won't make him not annoying, just less annoying.  Based on Temporary Followers Keep Their Distance, During Shadows of One's Past, he now keeps some distance so he doesn't constantly run into you.  I also added a few AI changes, cause big tough default asshole Avram would not defend my squishy mage while she was sneaking.

I fucking hate this quest, and I fucking hate YOU, Avram.

This edits the NPC Avram - so may not be completely compatible with LOTD NPC replacers.  Also edits his AI during Shadows of One's Past, which was the important bit cause he was always running into me.  Load before NPC replacers and make a bashed patch - might give a good result.

The latest version also edits Avram's normal AI packages - he will sleep more, not sandbox as much, and not say things as you walk by.  You will hear and see much less of him now.  Besides the follow distance mentioned above, no quest packages have been changed and he should function as normal during those quests.

Requires LOTD

ChangeLog:

0.STFU Henry: Henry no longer hellos to player, no more random conversations, no more greet corpse, no more react to player, no more idle chatter.

0.4 Avram now sleeps from 20:00 until 08:00, and eats until 09:00.  Unfortunately he uses the same sandbox package as Auryen, so now they both stop sandboxing at 20:00.  To compensate, now Auryen eats from 20:00 until midnight.  So Auryen eats while Avram sleeps.  win/win  I've also removed the flags that allow random conversations, hellos to player, reactions to player actions, and idle chatter from the included packages.  Fully compatible with Auryen replacers (not Avram replacers) - I only changed AI packages for Auryen.

0.3 Deleted Avram's idle dialog and one from Auryen: humming, coughing, enchantment, "I don't miss my old life...", and Auryen sneezing in the library.

0.2 Initial Release

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/25/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    LOTD
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by km4387
Update description for 0.STFU Henry
1 hour ago, km4387 said:

Amen.

He was one of the reasons I ditched LOTD entirely from my load order for good.

Edited by belegost
10 minutes ago, belegost said:

Amen.

He was one of the reasons I ditched LOTD entirely from my load order for good.

Check out LOTD Storage Control Cube - it lets you delay the stupid quest as long as possible.  I had an issue with exclusions while trying to keep certain foods in my inventory for survival mode - not sure if this mod caused it or if it's an LOTD bug, but I removed it, and miss it.

Edited by km4387
1 hour ago, km4387 said:

Check out LOTD Storage Control Cube - it lets you delay the stupid quest as long as possible.  I had an issue with exclusions while trying to keep certain foods in my inventory for survival mode - not sure if this mod caused it or if it's an LOTD bug, but I removed it, and miss it.

Nah, I'm good. LOTD has a lot more annoying things that collectively made me despise it in the end. It was fun for one or two dedicated playthroughs, when it was still fresh, but it is far too intrusive and has overstayed its welcome. And it doesn't gel well with some of the more... let's call them "interesting" mods from LL.

Edited by belegost
7 hours ago, belegost said:

Nah, I'm good. LOTD has a lot more annoying things that collectively made me despise it in the end. It was fun for one or two dedicated playthroughs, when it was still fresh, but it is far too intrusive and has overstayed its welcome. And it doesn't gel well with some of the more... let's call them "interesting" mods from LL.

Like which mods, for example?

I need to know for... scientific purposes ?

14 hours ago, km4387 said:

Hell yeah brother, I wish there was a way to skip it entirely. The only positive is that Avram doesn't do his humming during it (at least, never heard it while on the quest)

3 hours ago, Papitas said:

Like which mods, for example?

I need to know for... scientific purposes ?

Anything that has to do with player slavery, misogyny, rape and the like - DCL, DFC, SD+, SLTR, SL Survival, BOS, Troubles os Heroine, etc.

There's a huge dissonance between how your character is treated when talking to whatshisface high elf within LOTD questline, and how he treats you outside when any of those mods behaviour kicks in. Split personality complex. Not to mention none of the custom LOTD NPCs is entirely compatible with SOS.

If you're normie and just want casual, consensual sex, Flower Girls, OSex, even basic SL is fine, but for anything darker, when ZaZ or DD comes into play, LOTD is a handicap.

Not to mention the creator doesn't like adult  mods and any "naughty" replacers that had been put on Nexus were very fast taken down.

Edited by belegost
8 hours ago, ForsakenNomad said:

I wish there was an option where you simply tell him "This is your fault, you fix it" and you come back a week later with everything all back to normal.

You can't even fire his ass afterwards, because whatshisface high elf opposes you on the matter.

Edited by belegost
11 hours ago, belegost said:

Anything that has to do with player slavery, misogyny, rape and the like - DCL, DFC, SD+, SLTR, SL Survival, BOS, Troubles os Heroine, etc.

There's a huge dissonance between how your character is treated when talking to whatshisface high elf within LOTD questline, and how he treats you outside when any of those mods behaviour kicks in. Split personality complex. Not to mention none of the custom LOTD NPCs is entirely compatible with SOS.

If you're normie and just want casual, consensual sex, Flower Girls, OSex, even basic SL is fine, but for anything darker, when ZaZ or DD comes into play, LOTD is a handicap.

Oh, yeah.
I thought it was about locations colliding with the museum and things like that.

I'd would argue many of those mods give every single vanilla NPC split personality as well, but yeah... a great deal of patches are needed for LOTD to properly work with heavily modded games.

BTW... if someone is reading this thread and have never tried Trouble of Heroine, do so if you want to get a good laugh. It's funny as hell and it usually cracks me up.

11 hours ago, belegost said:

Not to mention the creator doesn't like adult  mods and any "naughty" replacers that had been put on Nexus were very fast taken down.

At this point in my life I'm convinced a HUGE portion of human population in North America has mitosis as their main method of reproduction ?

You know what we really need, talking about LOTD. We need a mod to shut up all the annoying "guards" who repeat their idiotic stock responses like you're some unwashed beggar instead of the Dragonborn, defeater of Alduin. "Need something?" [orc voice] or "What's your problem?" [Orc/Nord voice]. Ok, just once, it's annoying noise, but they keep on and on with it. Looks like the Starfield devs took a page from this book, because you hear nothing but that as you walk through Neon. 

On 12/25/2023 at 10:35 PM, EternalDamned said:

I hate his buggy ass quest. But even more I hate his damn humming...

I might be able to fix that. Stay tuned. I'd also like to get rid of his forced introduction dialog.  Gotta look into it.

Edit: Fixed in 0.3, no more humming, among other things.

Edited by km4387
On 12/28/2023 at 5:00 PM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

You know what we really need, talking about LOTD. We need a mod to shut up all the annoying "guards" who repeat their idiotic stock responses like you're some unwashed beggar instead of the Dragonborn, defeater of Alduin. "Need something?" [orc voice] or "What's your problem?" [Orc/Nord voice]. Ok, just once, it's annoying noise, but they keep on and on with it. Looks like the Starfield devs took a page from this book, because you hear nothing but that as you walk through Neon. 

I might have fixed some of that with Avram specifically by changing some flags in the AI packages.  Might be able to do the same with generic guards, I'll check and see.

On 12/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

+1 to that! But you know it's not going to happen.

Never know what might happen.  In the back of my mind I'm devising a way to KILL Avram AFTER the quest, but I'm open to options and still in the "considering what can be done" phase.

For now, I just thought the best thing was to put the man to bed, out of the way, so that's what I did.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:30 PM, km4387 said:

I might have fixed some of that with Avram specifically by changing some flags in the AI packages.  Might be able to do the same with generic guards, I'll check and see.

Never know what might happen.  In the back of my mind I'm devising a way to KILL Avram AFTER the quest, but I'm open to options and still in the "considering what can be done" phase.

For now, I just thought the best thing was to put the man to bed, out of the way, so that's what I did.

Or how about instead of shutting up Avram and the LOTD guards, replace anything they say with screaming goats or clucking chickens? Wait -- Lord Harkon needs the clucking chicken voice when he goes vampire lord for the first time.

16 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Or how about instead of shutting up Avram and the LOTD guards, replace anything they say with screaming goats or clucking chickens? Wait -- Lord Harkon needs the clucking chicken voice when he goes vampire lord for the first time.

That's ... not gonna happen.  I want less irritation, not more.

Fucking anarchist... lol

Edited by km4387