i just updated my game by mistake...

Copied from my post in SE Compatibility Tracking:

Just so y'all know: rumour has it that Bethesda will update AGAIN some time soon. So fretting over broken mods/ quick updates is kinda pointless. Just roll back to the 1.6.640 version for the time being, prevent Steam from updating the game again (turn it to offline) and continue playing as if nothing happened 

How to roll-back"to 1.6.640:

Open a command window by pressing Win + R and then enter the command: steam://open/console, and then press Enter. This will open the console tab on Steam.

At the bottom will be the input line for you to enter the following codes, just copy and paste one line at a time and press enter:

download_depot 489830 489831 3660787314279169352
download_depot 489830 489832 2756691988703496654
download_depot 489830 489833 5291801952219815735

This will download the 1.6.640 files. Wait until all 3 files have downloaded. You will get a prompt when it is done.

Go to the folder C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\content (or where you have installed Skyrim). Here you will find the 3 folders with the 1.6.640 files. Open the folders and paste the files inside (so NOT the whole folder!) into C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition (or where your Skyrim is), overwriting when prompted.

Done.

If you have already installed mods that were updated to the new version (i.e. SKSE and SexLab), go back to the version for 1.6.640 or Skyrim won't start. Address Library doesn't need to be "downgraded" to 1.6.640, since it will pick the correct version for whichever game version you use.

Vor 37 Minuten sagte ButchDiavolo:

Kopiert aus meinem Beitrag in SE Compatibility Tracking:

Nur damit ihr es wisst: Gerüchten zufolge wird Bethesda demnächst WIEDER ein Update durchführen. Es ist also irgendwie sinnlos, sich über kaputte Mods/schnelle Updates zu ärgern. Stellen Sie einfach vorerst die Version 1.6.640 wieder her, verhindern Sie, dass Steam das Spiel erneut aktualisiert (schalten Sie es auf offline) und spielen Sie weiter, als wäre nichts passiert 

So führen Sie ein Rollback auf 1.6.640 durch :

Öffnen Sie ein Befehlsfenster, indem Sie Win + R drücken und dann den Befehl eingeben: Steam://open/console, und drücken Sie dann die Eingabetaste. Dadurch wird der Konsolen-Tab auf Steam geöffnet.

Unten befindet sich die Eingabezeile, in der Sie die folgenden Codes eingeben können. Kopieren Sie einfach jeweils eine Zeile , fügen Sie sie ein und drücken Sie die Eingabetaste:

download_depot 489830 489831 3660787314279169352
download_depot 489830 489832 2756691988703496654
download_depot 489830 489833 5291801952219815735

Dadurch werden die 1.6.640-Dateien heruntergeladen. Warten Sie, bis alle 3 Dateien heruntergeladen wurden. Sobald der Vorgang abgeschlossen ist, erhalten Sie eine Meldung.

Gehen Sie zum Ordner C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\content (oder dorthin, wo Sie Skyrim installiert haben). Hier finden Sie die 3 Ordner mit den 1.6.640-Dateien. Öffnen Sie die Ordner und fügen Sie die darin enthaltenen Dateien (also NICHT den gesamten Ordner!) in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition (oder dort, wo sich Ihr Skyrim befindet) ein und überschreiben Sie sie, wenn Sie dazu aufgefordert werden.

Erledigt.

Wenn Sie bereits Mods installiert haben, die auf die neue Version aktualisiert wurden (z. B. SKSE und SexLab), kehren Sie zur Version 1.6.640 zurück, sonst startet Skyrim nicht. Die Adressbibliothek muss nicht auf 1.6.640 heruntergestuft werden, da sie die richtige Version für die von Ihnen verwendete Spielversion auswählt.

And in 3-4 hours there will be a new thread with the same topic... but even if the solution was pinned with the "downvote"... no one would read it

?

45 minutes ago, Caster245 said:

having CTD for some reason,must be because of a DLL or something..

just to be sure which SKSE do i  need to use for 1 6 640 ?  

You need 2.2.3. You can most easily find it on Nexus.

But, if you had a problem with a dll, you would get a pop-up when starting through the SKSE loader. If you keep having a CTD when loading, make extra sure you copied the download_depot files correctly. Also run LOOT to see if it gives any errors. You can also check the SKSE logs in your documents folder for errors.

On 12/13/2023 at 10:24 AM, Caster245 said:

Hello

i had a moded skyrim AE with 200+ mods and i guess i updated my game by mistake and i can not launch the game anymore..

is there a way to downgrade?

Update the mods you have with obsolete .dll files, and then do what I did, deactivate the rest of the mods with dlls and try them one by one until you identify the culprits and deactivate them. It worked for me with more than 600 mods, I only had to deactivate about 10.

The loverslab mods all work for me, you only need a small tweak in devious devices 5.1 which is solved by incorporating devious devices NG, otherwise I haven't had any problems, just updating them.

The papyrus reports will be very helpful to you, they are quite easy to interpret, as well as the log files of the rest of the dll modifications.

Greetings and luck.