Game saves keep becoming corrupted

Hi all,

I'm having an issue while playing the game where my saves periodically become corrupted. Whenever it happens NPC dialogue options will be missing, and sometimes chunks of the game will not load in. Exiting the game and starting it up again lets me load saves and play the game until it happens again.

Thanks   

Edited by Ablack13

I assume by "not load in" you mean trees, rocks and roads remain in their LOD meshes/billboards? If so then this is a problem I've seen since Skyrim came out pretty much. It also seems to come and go as it pleases. Been a year or so since I last saw the issue, yet now in my recent playthrough I can't approach Windhelm on foot, because if I do, I enter LOD-land sooner or later. Its not save corruption; it does however prevent you from saving (and thus fast travelling, opening load doors etc.).

I would start debugging this by:

1. Disabling DynDOLOD generated files.
  2. Disabling mods that add wandering NPCs, i.e. the Populated* series of mods, as this is something I've added somewhat recently.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd try to triangulate the broken cell by approaching the problem area from multiple directions and using the current cell load distance, estimate the currently loaded cells. Cross-reference these cells and inspect a hopefully somewhat short list in xEdit for any mod that alters it or its contents. This obviously won't catch mods that place objects dynamically.

There's maps online that show cell borders, but before you use any of them, verify that they're correct. I've used one once which was off by a huge amount and it caused all kinds of unecessary delays.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post, sorry. The issue that I'm having is that while playing my saves keep becoming corrupted. I'll open the save or load menu in-game I see this

(image below). when this happens I can't load saves, and I have to restart the game, this is a reoccurring issue. 

image.jpeg.075d26044fc7ddeb7b9d04566791ceef.jpeg