Plugin limit reached, what now?

I've ESL-fied all the available plugins in Wrye Bash. I've tried using zMerge but it's a total mess honestly, I need to debug it even with the smallest merges. Are there any other alternatives? I know for a fact that some of my plugins should be ESL-capable with how little they add to the game but Wrye Bash is adamant about not letting me flag them. What else can I do? I can post my mod list if need be.

1 hour ago, mrnexu said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230 SSE Engine Fixes

Edit the EngineFixes.toml

Make sure the following is set:

SaveGameMaxSize = true

MaxStdio = 8192

MaxStdio sets the maximum number of open file handles (default 512), preventing the game from running out with large plugin counts (fixes false save corruption)

This is now what I meant, my saves are fine, I simply cannot install more mods because the game has run out of IDs for them.

10 minutes ago, wower2345 said:

This is now what I meant, my saves are fine, I simply cannot install more mods because the game has run out of IDs for them.

Check each mod on nexus and see if some of the have an esl/flagged esp option, sometimes wrye will not let you make one an esl but the author can, you can also try loading mods that you think should be able to be set to esl into the ck, and try that, as that will re-compile scripts and such, while flagging with wrye will not. Other than that, merging stuff is your only option, if you have multiple mods that just add keywords or such to armour or weapons or anything like that, you should be easily able to use either the xedit script or zmerge to merge them all into one esl, be aware though you may end up with too many records if you merge things to flag it as a esl.

9 hours ago, venomr said:

Open up your plugins with ssedit and use the "find esp pluigins that be turned to esl" script. It will tell you which can be made esl afer compacting form ids.

Also thi smod will work on most followers, even if they have custom voices. ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

This seems useful, thanks

I used ESLify Everything to convert about 120 ESPs that required the form IDs be compacted. Before using read all the articles on the mod page, they explain the limits pretty well. You run the "find esp pluigins that be turned to esl" plugin for SSEDIT. If it identifies a mod with you will get only three types of response. 

1. Can be turned into ESL by adding ESL flag in TES4 header. - just flag it ESL and good to go, this is what Wyre Bash was doing for you. 

2. Can be turned into ESL by compacting FormIDs first then adding ESL flag in TES4 header. (following some simple rules you can convert most of these)

3. Can be turned into ESL by compacting FormIDs first then adding ESL flag in TES4 header. with Warning: Plugin has new CELL(s) which won't work when turned into ESL and overridden by other mods due to the game bug - Do not even try will not work correctly in 99% of cases.

ESLify Everything is what you would use for the ones that are identified by number 2 above.

Once you have identified the mods, there are a few things to check before commiting, and it would depend on your comfort level. This is from memory so I really urge you to read all the documents particularly the ESLify - For people who actually want to understand article.

For me the ones I avoided were any that were;

• Those identified as a master file (.ESM or .ESP flagged as a master  - in MO2 in your right hand load order master files are bolded and italicized or just italicized with the .esl extension (these are pure esl files and not what you are trying to do, you only want to flag .esp files as esl).
  • I also avoided SKYUI, Racemenu.
  • Some that were framework types - here it was more a comfort level thing.
  • Any that had more than 2048 records.
  • And I avoided any plugin that was identified as having script extender files (turn on the content tab in the left plane and filter by  'Contains Script Extender Files' - now many of these can be ESL flagged, but extra work is required to make sure and I just did not want to fuck with that.
  • Also consider that even if it satisfies all the above conditions it can still not function correctly so testing will be required. I found this out with Left Hand Rings for example.

So once you have identified an esp you wish to flag as an esl, you select that esp in SSEDIT and right click choose 'compact FormIDs for ESL', it will run, when it says done switch your view and under record flags select ESL checkbox. Right click the mod again and select other followed by create SEQ File, for those that need this, it is important, for those that don't clicking it will not matter. SEQ are those mods that are loaded right at start (I could be wrong on that). Once you  have finished compacting all the ESLs you want close SSEDIT it will ask if you want to save, you do. Then run ESLify Everything.

Again read the articles, my explanation above is pretty half assed and for someone doing it their first time there is a lot missing and unexplained. There is a learning curve and familiarity with SSEDIT and MO2 and a huge tolerance for completely fucking up your build is required. but it does work once you get the hang of it. 

The following mods are the ones I used ESLify Everything on in my current build.

Spoiler
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
Morning Fogs SSE.esp
Cloaks.esp
Sepolcri.esp
DIS_Heavy_Legion.esp
mihailbanekins.esp
TRX - DarkPassion.esp
1Ogres.esp
TRX - DremEnchBench.esp
TRX - Statue MilkStation.esp
TRX - Statue WildPassion.esp
Recorder Follower Patch.esp
TRX - Statue CandiGirl.esp
PrisonAlternative_Executions_Riften.esp
PaPunishmentPack1.esp
TPOS_Skyrims_Dead.esp
DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
EasyWheel-AIO.esp
WM_WidgetMod.esp
Footprints.esp
TRX_Statue MagicMeditation.esp
PrisonAlternative_Executions_WindHelm.esp
RBB - Wyrmstooth.esp
TRX - Statue MagicLessons.esp
TRX - Statue Alpha.esp
DIS_Armor_Fractions.esp
SL Dirty Deeds Missives.esp
TRX - Statue TriumphOfTheBeast.esp
CoveredBridgesofSkyrim.esp
TRX - Statue Trophy.esp
TRX - Enven Huntress.esp
TRX - Statue ArcherMasteryF.esp
TRX - AncientQueenV3.esp
ImperialMail - DBM.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Faction Crossbows.esp
Skyshards.esp
TRX - Elnven Huntress V2NF.esp
BuxomWenchYuriana-TheGreatTownOfShorsStone Patch.esp
Follow me for Sex.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
RaceMenuMorphsTRX.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
[SOS - TRX - Futanari Addon.esp
SOS - TRX - Futanari Addon Horse.esp
SOS - Pubic Hair for TRX-Futanari Addon.esp
SOS - Pubic Hair for Females Addon.esp
KSWigsSMP.esp
Deadly Wenches.esp
Deadly Wenches - Faction Addon.esp
Forgotten Wenches.esp
Judgment Wenches.esp
Lucien-AnniversaryEdition-Patch.esp
FranklyHDImperialArmorsAndWeapons.esp
RaceMenuHH.esp
QwibLantern.esp
SprintSlide.esp
MaximumDestruction.esp
ImperialMail - Bruma.esp
RM_AnimatedOverlays.esp
Sunstarved_Tanlines.esp
Skyrim Teens.esp
TRX - AncientQueen.esp
TRX - VaerminaF.esp
TRX - DibellaF.esp
TRX - SanguineF.esp
TRX_ST_Champion.esp
ImmersiveInteractions.esp
DragonbornShoutPerks.esp
MaximumCarnage.esp
HotKeySkill.esp
LetYourHairDown.esp
True Prone System.esp
Immersive Wenches -Enslaved Wenches patch-.esp
OAroused.esp
CBPC anus support.esp
CRF-SkyrimTeens.esp
DBVO.esp
dD Enchanted Chests.esp
DeviousInterests.esp
FadeTattoos.esp
RapeTattoos.esp
SlaverunEnforcerStandsalone.esp
SLSO_F_VP_The Girl Next Door.esp
sr_FillHerUp.esp
ZAO_active_overlays.esp
ZMD'S Obscure Overlays RaceMenu.esp
Animal_SOS.esp
SOS - Animal Addon.esp
AnubAnimObj.esp
NCK30Obj.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
PW SE G9 hotfix.esp
SOS - ERF - Horse Penis Redux Addon (No Balls).esp
SOS - ERF - Horse Penis Redux Addon.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
sl_triggers.esp

Edited by Azailahab
On 12/5/2023 at 10:33 PM, Racihti said:

Also you probably know this, but don't esl'ify mods and then continue playing an active save, you'll corrupt it for sure. Mandates making a new character if you esl'ify mods.

Hm, are you sure? I've done this a lot of times and checked for save file corruption with ReSaver to make sure it's all good. I don't get any crashes either. Seems like this doesn't hold for all mods.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:59 AM, wower2345 said:

Hm, are you sure? I've done this a lot of times and checked for save file corruption with ReSaver to make sure it's all good. I don't get any crashes either. Seems like this doesn't hold for all mods.

From my experience if the load order changes because of the removal that is where you end up having most of the issues. Removing a mod is way more troublesome than adding a new one. Updating a mod with a new version that holds the same spot in your loadorder is even less problematic, however, some mods will break even when updating. Also if any other mod was dependant on it the game will most likely not even load. If you have output files based on tools such as FNIS, Wyre Bash, Sythesis, Bodyslide etc. then you will have to rerun those as well.

Consider it a general rule of thumb, that under the right circumstances can be bent instead of broken.