50 minutes ago, xtrange988 said:

The Carius Manor will be moved in the next version, it remains in the same exterior cell but I think it will clear the area near arch base enough to not conflict both with Daedric Shrines AIO and Gods & Worship. The work outside it's already done.

CariusCKa.png.bb39384571eec73c7f3a997fdf5ffb57.png

About Yorgrim Overlook, I was not planning to do anything but I think I will have to this time just because it only needs to return to it's original state. This doesn't mean I will patch more CC content because I will never buy that stuff. Here's the idea, so it will not interfere with anything. Interesting NPCS uses the are and maybe another mod I cannot remember atm.

YorgrimCKa.png.7cf2ce4f4ba5b664341c79156d5f3e22.png

Yeah, aside from the CC content (which is included in AE by now anyway so depending on if you have it or not you might have that stuff already), iNPC and, I think, a dungeon mod both use Yorgrim Overlook, so turning it back to normal is a sensible idea. Thanks, by the way. Those two are the only things stopping me from permanently using Dealing with Daedra, everything else is a minor annoyance at worst.

9 hours ago, Lucifeller said:

Also, one more thing: you probably need to clean the plugin. There's a LOT of ITMs, not sure how many are intentional or not...

[00:00] Done saving.
[00:00] Start: Applying Filter
[00:08] Done: Applying Filter, [Pass 1] Processed Records: 10321, [Pass 2] Processed Records: 10232, Remaining unfiltered nodes: 10232, Elapsed Time: 00:08
[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 10231, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 10231, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

The 2.0 version is clean; I perform this check every time I upload. Perhaps you are inspecting the main plugin, 'dealingwithdaedra.esp,' but that is not mine. Some people have inquired with Flinch about the ITMs, and he stated that they are intentional. I'm not certain about all the ITMs, but the mod heavily depends on vanilla content, necessitating these ITMs to overwrite certain changes that other mods may introduce.

57 minutes ago, xtrange988 said:

[00:00] Done saving.
[00:00] Start: Applying Filter
[00:08] Done: Applying Filter, [Pass 1] Processed Records: 10321, [Pass 2] Processed Records: 10232, Remaining unfiltered nodes: 10232, Elapsed Time: 00:08
[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 10231, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 10231, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

The 2.0 version is clean; I perform this check every time I upload. Perhaps you are inspecting the main plugin, 'dealingwithdaedra.esp,' but that is not mine. Some people have inquired with Flinch about the ITMs, and he stated that they are intentional. I'm not certain about all the ITMs, but the mod heavily depends on vanilla content, necessitating these ITMs to overwrite certain changes that other mods may introduce.

Hm. Odd. I ran it on yours and it found about 50 itms. I'm using xedit 4.1.5 experimental, maybe that has something to do with it? ...nah. Just in case I'm replacing the esp with an uncleaned one.

Edited by Lucifeller
  • 4 weeks later...

This mod causes problems with Julianos' school. They simply won’t let you into it and they’ll give you a holding fine. After a long search for the reason why I was not allowed into it, I disabled the plugin of this mod and everyone began to talk to me normally and made no attempts to throw me out the door. Unfortunately, I'll have to start a new game, because I won't be able to change the entries in the plugin myself.

11 hours ago, danna233 said:

This mod causes problems with Julianos' school. They simply won’t let you into it and they’ll give you a holding fine. After a long search for the reason why I was not allowed into it, I disabled the plugin of this mod and everyone began to talk to me normally and made no attempts to throw me out the door. Unfortunately, I'll have to start a new game, because I won't be able to change the entries in the plugin myself.

On 1/7/2024 at 5:43 PM, xtrange988 said:

currently having problems with this mod, after Dealing with the Daedra got updated.

cant post images as of now. but the issue i am dealing with right now is that the certain parts of the interior and exterior are clipping to one another not to mention the whole witch hunter's guild interior is a complete utter mess after it got updated

for instance the door to the dorm rooms are blocked by beds on both sides of the entry way.  the entrance to the witch hunter's guild has both the old stair case and new one. npc's pathing being all over the place not to mention said npc's refuses to talk at all. and other npc's are missing as well. 

note this only happened after installing the recent update of the main mod.

Edited by psydeffexx

yeah i planned to do that but the recent version of DWD had a couple of fixes. shame i really like this mod as it makes my character feel like a real monster hunter. wish the mod author would just move the witch hunter's guild somewhere less hostile instead next to a giant's camp in the middle of nowhere.

Now that I'm finished with TAP I loaded DWD 9.03 and took a look inside the Hunters guild, and everything is in place. So good news.

Seems like you have a load order problem, it should be:
1. Dealing with Daedra

2. Dealing with sexual daedra

3. This mod.

17 hours ago, xtrange988 said:

Now that I'm finished with TAP I loaded DWD 9.03 and took a look inside the Hunters guild, and everything is in place.

So can I use this file with the new version of the mod? There are still some inconveniences with the Julianos school. The character is already a member of the community, but all things in the school are still marked as "steal". I don't think it should be like that because it's not personal stuff. For example, books in bookcases and inkwells and quills.

8 hours ago, danna233 said:

So can I use this file with the new version of the mod? There are still some inconveniences with the Julianos school. The character is already a member of the community, but all things in the school are still marked as "steal". I don't think it should be like that because it's not personal stuff. For example, books in bookcases and inkwells and quills.

Yes it's safe, I'm running the new version without any issue.

About the item ownership, the room upstairs the main building is yours, but everything else is School's property. I will review the bookcase ownership in the place, so you can open it with a key, but you don't go around looting your own school just because you are a member. It will also hurt the mod economy, as you are supposed to exchange services for books, food and stuff.

7 hours ago, xtrange988 said:

About the item ownership, the room upstairs the main building is yours, but everything else is School's property. I will review the bookcase ownership in the place, so you can open it with a key, but you don't go around looting your own school just because you are a member. It will also hurt the mod economy, as you are supposed to exchange services for books, food and stuff.

To tell the truth, I don’t know how it should really be. It’s just that in vanilla guilds, after joining, you can already use some of the guild’s property. For example, with Companions, what is in the common areas is also available to the player. I thought it was the same at school.

It’s just that there are feathers and an inkwell on the table where the crafting book is, I’ve already accidentally stolen them several times(.

Edited by danna233
On 2/26/2024 at 3:13 AM, danna233 said:

To tell the truth, I don’t know how it should really be. It’s just that in vanilla guilds, after joining, you can already use some of the guild’s property. For example, with Companions, what is in the common areas is also available to the player. I thought it was the same at school.

It’s just that there are feathers and an inkwell on the table where the crafting book is, I’ve already accidentally stolen them several times(.

There's a lot of differences between the way vanilla guilds handle things and the way DwD does it. For example DwD doesn't really adds the player to the faction, I suppose it's a shortcut do focus on other more important things. 

The inkwell and quill on that table will be replaced with static version, because it gets in the way of activating the crafting book, the one thing of importance in that table. But worry not, I will place a few more inkwells and items around the place safe to take and the materials on the restoring bench will be player owned as well. I made the library a little bigger too just to illustrate what the scholar says (the biggest library in Skyrim).}

9 hours ago, xtrange988 said:

The inkwell and quill on that table will be replaced with static version, because it gets in the way of activating the crafting book, the one thing of importance in that table. But worry not, I will place a few more inkwells and items around the place safe to take and the materials on the restoring bench will be player owned as well. I made the library a little bigger too just to illustrate what the scholar says (the biggest library in Skyrim).}

Thank you. Is it possible to do something in other guilds with items next to the crafting book? This, of course, is not critical, but it causes some inconvenience when you try to use this book, you always have to save the game, just in case, sometimes, despite careful aiming, the camera still moves and you click on the wrong item.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I don't know that mod... what is it ? a quest line about daedra hunting ?

One of the most interesting mods out there. What you get depends on what paths you take and how much are you willing to sacrifice for power. It's a roleplay mod intended for low level characters and branches into many guilds and choices ranging from being a vigilant and hunting monsters to being the monster. Some are quite short and straightforward while others can take time to complete, depending on your settings. Because it places items in vanilla dungeons, in my case with de-leveled world, some tasks require grinding or assembling a party.

Don't expect the typical sex centered mod, the Sexlab add-on is that, an add-on and not the main focus of the mod. Some situations make more use of it than others, but that's on you and your shortsighted decisions. 

Edited by xtrange988
14 hours ago, xtrange988 said:

One of the most interesting mods out there. What you get depends on what paths you take and how much are you willing to sacrifice for power. It's a roleplay mod intended for low level characters and branches into many guilds and choices ranging from being a vigilant and hunting monsters to being the monster. Some are quite short and straightforward while others can take time to complete, depending on your settings. Because it places items in vanilla dungeons, in my case with de-leveled world, some tasks require grinding or assembling a party.

Don't expect the typical sex centered mod, the Sexlab add-on is that, an add-on and not the main focus of the mod. Some situations make more use of it than others, but that's on you and your shortsighted decisions. 

so, a quest mod with mutliple choices. Great, it's sound a good asset.

I'll try it.

Hey so I was just starting the bloodcourt questline, everything went fine until I returned to Master's Lair after getting the page from Anise's shack. Master was not there! Even the death hound refused to spawn in! I tried to tp Master to me. Guy did not wanna pull up. Tried reloading to when I first talked to Skegor in The Nook. Master wasn't there when I woke up after being kidnapped. He pops up after activating the ritual but I'm concerned that he's going to just pop out again once I leave the area. I've played this particular questline before without this mod installed and never had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, the location edits this mod makes are such a huge improvement! P.S.: I'm not playing with Dealing with Sexual Daedra installed, if that changes anything.

Update: quit to desktop, reloaded my last save and everyone was there. Probably should've tried that before posting. My run is saved! Does anyone have any idea why this happened in the first place? Is this an issue with Dealing with Daedra itself?

Edited by kinkshamer3000
Update
Posted (edited)

Not really a problem with DwD. It's an engine glitch that happens when editing a cell and NPCs created by an ESP plugin. Sometimes, the actors just vanish, and the only fix is to exit to the main menu and reload the save. One workaround for this issue is to mark every NPC reference in the cell as persistent (creating also a location reference for the cell). But here's the kicker: in that cell, there are like 5 or more copies of the master and many other NPCs, some even have duplicates for different stages. So, every time you come back, you're technically interacting with a different NPC. Marking so many of these NPCs as persistent can might tax the game since it has a limit of persistent references (1048576). So, I only do it when absolutely necessary, just to be on the safe side, even though it's unlikely to hit that hard limit.

There are other ways to fix it, but making them persistent to the location is the only one I can handle from my end. Plus, this isn't really a problem with DwD standalone; it only happens when patching an .esp with another.

Edited by xtrange988
1 hour ago, xtrange988 said:

in that cell, there are like 5 or more copies of the master and many other NPCs, some even have duplicates for different stages. So, every time you come back, you're technically interacting with a different NPC

Yeah sorry about that, I originally made that questline back when I had no working papyrus compiler and had to commit some truly heinous sins to implement it with nothing but repurposed vanilla scripts

Posted (edited)

No need to apologize; overall, it's a good quest line. There's a sense of progress better than the Dawnguard castle radiant quests, despite their technical simplicity.

I would  suggest for the master to occasionally appear in human form and for better starting spells, I find them weaker than the basic drain due to the difficult to aim them. That and maybe the possibility to be granted your own random enthralled farmer after the master leaves.

Edited by xtrange988

Great work as always. I've only encountered one hiccup and it's weirding me out. The Dwemer bank in the Rift. I can't seem to actually activate the door from the outside 😆 I've checked. It is activatable, the navmesh seems fine. And I can exit the place fine. But something somehow is preventing me from using the door from the outside. 

Going to have another check at my load order now to see if anybody is getting in the way. 

Thanks! :)

I don't see anything wrong with the door. There's a disabled static door that is enabled when the player is vanished from the Bank (along with a trigger box with a message), it blocks the activatable door, if that's the case the guards should be hostile. You can disable the fake door using the console and the real door behind it will appear.

There's another door on a balcony, that one is purely decorative.