Modding Help for creating Custom Race [WH40K Tau]

I am trying to make a Skyrim race mod based on the WH40K Tau. I know how to make meshes but other than that I'm not too good with Skyrim modding therefore I decided to use the SkyDraenei mod as a baseline (due to the similarities), only editing the meshes and textures to fit the Tau race https://www.immyneedscake.com/skyrim-se-mods/skydraenei-race.
I found a free-to-use female Tau model online (https://sfmlab.com/project/28240/) and converted it to .obj then to .nif and scaled it down in Outfit Studio.
After that, I tried just replacing the Draenei body mesh with the converted Tau model, while also removing some of the unwanted parts of the Draenei mesh (like the tail and "hair tentacles"). I am not stupid enough to think that'd be all there is to do but I did hope that it would clear up some questions about the mod-making process. As you can see in the attached picture the body is T-posing and has those weird polygonal shapes on it. It doesn't cover the whole body because the mod uses separate meshes for hands, head, and hooves. The T-posing probably stems from a lack of bone-weighing. But the weird texture is a complete mystery to me. I tried applying a gray texture to the Tau body .nif in NifSkope (it seemed fine) but in-game it looked like the second screenshot until I turned on the racemenu and then it went back to polygons once more. I attached the .obj files and the .nif body file of the Tau girl. Any help is welcome, thanks!

ScreenShot0.png

sodapdf-converted (3).jpg

Tau Body.obj Tau Hand.obj Tau Scaled Down.nif

cutetaugirl3.jpg

taugirl2.jpg

Edited by wower2345