Pandora as a replacement for FNIS? (Nemesis too?)

I tried it to see how it works with Ostim. The installation of Pandora was a pain in the ... as I use Wrye Bash and the instrictions are crap to say the least only speaking mod installers I dont use.

Install as mod it says well that for sure didnt work as Wrye didnt install many parts so I moved those by hand to the data folder after trying out many options that seems to work.

Then I ran the exe file and it read like 40k animations in few seconds. Very nice but no big deal, I dont care Fnis takes 35 seconds for reading the animations. its no selling point for me.

I use fnis max 1x a month or so.

What I didnt do was removing the Fnis links as not sure what was meant with that.  Are those all the files that have FNIS in them like FnisanimationsbyLeito.hkx , fnis_sexlabcreature_list.txt etc etc; +/- 850 files I have like that and no way in hell i will remove those.

Started game, first thing that stopped working was fnissexy moves kinda logic I guess... and with stopped I mean some chars really had a weird walk now (very little steps)

So tried an Ostim animation as that was main reason to try this. It works out of the box but animations is another thing they just are unreliable sometimes they work then they dont and 80% the time they dont work, still as crappy as when I tried it long ago with nemesis. The auto advanced did work but no animations hah. Ostim hates me.

I tried some sexlab animations and that worked fine I think, I cant remember haha. Was more interested in Ostim so mainly focused on that.

Anyway sexlabs still has my preference as I am the lazy player that doesnt want activate sex with keys, I prefer all automatic seeing actions going on everywhere I go or whatever I do. Way more options then Ostim. 

Only good thing was uninstalling Ostim and Pandora was easy. Only had to remove files by hand I put earlier. (not sure if uninstalling is as easy for other installers as Wrye bash as that one remembers my old installation).

Nemesis was way more of a pain to install/uninstall. And 100x more annoying to activate the animations.

Anyway I will follow Pandora as its still in very early phase and it will push sexlabs to evolve ;)

22 hours ago, skybird said:

. . .  and the instrictions are crap to say the least

Agreed but it is still alpha.

The Pandora files just go in the data folder. It's messy and could do with some sort of folder structure and getting rid of the github files. Not sure how WB installs files but you could try putting all the Pandora files in a folder named 'data', zipping that and installing.

FNIS isn't needed as Pandora works its own magic with FNIS files and presumably it is the same for Nemesis. I've never had FNIS on this build but I have all the FNIS .txt files etc courtesy of Pandora.

3 hours ago, Aelred-Draca said:

All working in Beastess scenes. Falmer, Chaurus. Should I list my SLAL packs? That might be an issue if people simply don't have an appropriate animation,  or don't register with SLAL after Pandora. 

Tell  me more about it. My falmers and chauruses don't work with billy creature animations.

10 hours ago, Dambldor22 said:

Tell  me more about it. My falmers and chauruses don't work with billy creature animations.

I'm running Billyy's and Anub's with ZaZ 8. Also SirNibbles, Leito, FlufyFox, Sailing Rebel, and GS. Just over 40k.

I've been using it for 2 months now and love it. It super easy to use and only takes 6 seconds to run. I'm using every annimation pack available. Runs way better then using fnis and nemesis together. Also its being actively worked on and improved. 

Edited by briyarose

ZAZ doesn't fully work, no. But my mods that require ZAZ are still playing animations. I would hope we could get Pandora compatibility for ZAZ eventually. This might also be related to DD CTD whenever I had it installed and enabled. I'm just playing without DD until then. 

On 4/22/2024 at 10:16 PM, briyarose said:

I've been using it for 2 months now and love it. It super easy to use and only takes 6 seconds to run. I'm using every annimation pack available. Runs way better then using fnis and nemesis together. Also its being actively worked on and improved. 

It doesnt work with TK Dodge though... that´s the only reason refraining me from using it.

21 hours ago, zzaee said:

It doesnt work with TK Dodge though... that´s the only reason refraining me from using it.

It works with TK Dodge / RE / RE NG btw (some other TK Dodge animation replacements do fix the issue too, like Dynamic Dodge or Bow Rapid Combo's Dodge, but some still are problematic like Dodge Shot). You do need this specific mod tho     https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/111788. As well as on the Pandora Patches make sure to use TK Dodge Standalone and not use TK Dodge RE/ The Ultimate Dodge Mod patch.

Edited by Machii
extra info