Good Time Guys - Career and Venue

Good Time Guys - Career and Venue

View File
♪I'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part I'm playing
Paid for every dance, selling each romance
Oh, what they're saying?♪

-----------
A career and venue mod for men who want to make some money off their bodies. 
Follow your Guy to the Stable or work from a rabbit hole through this ten-level, two-branch career track!

The Venue
Spoiler

The Stable is available in the Build / Buy options of any blank, residential, or community lot.   There are not special needs for the venue to work (meaning sinks, beds, chairs, etc) so you can build as you like or pick an existing building.  I am working on one or two new venues to be used as Stables or Brothels (for the Girls) but

When in the game, the Active career participants will be asked if they would like to follow their sim to the Stable.  Anyone not in the career can visit and take advantage of the services offered.  Don't be surprised if you see Bob and Eliza pancakes among the many clients looking for some love with men.     

The Careers
Spoiler

Active (For Players with the Go To Work DLC)

Players will see the Good Time Guys in the career selection screen.  Along with standard promotion objectives, you'll have a simple 'head start' option along with various WFH options to increase your job performance.  Same as with GTGirls, any 'pay for play' with clients will increase your job performance as well.   

If you follow your sim to work, you'll have plenty of opportunities to chat up clients and coworkers to increase your workday score which will increase or decrease your job performance at the end of the day. 

Base Game (For Players without the Go To Work DLC)

This is the standard base game rabbit hole career.  Along with 'pay for play' job performance increases, there are fewer 'go to work' days allowing you to keep peddling your wares.    

Please Note

Active players will see both career options - the descriptions have a note as to which is which but you can also sort by career options at the top of the job selection window.

Installation
Spoiler

1 - Make Sure Wicked Whims and Wicked Perversion are installed and working.

• Install some animations to suit your preferences

2 - Install ONLY ONE venue list - either Zerbu or BasementalNOT BOTH.  Venues do not show up properly if there are two venue lists installed.

3 - Download and extract / unzip the files in ErrantRed_GTGuys_v.93.zip.  There should be a .package and a .ts4script file

4 - Copy both files into your [Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ folder.

5 - Make sure the 'Enable custom content and mods' option is turned on in the game options (under 'other')

6 - Enter the Build/Buy mode and make sure you can see the Stable venue from the venue drop-down.  That's the best way to know you're good to go!

Troubleshooting
Spoiler

If you do not see the venue in Build/Buy:

1 - If you're using the Basemental venue list, make sure it is a recent version (As of September 2023).  Older versions do not have entries for the Stable.

2 - That the ErrantRed_GoodTimeGuys.package and .ts4script files are the the same folder - you can not seperate the two into different folders.

3 - That the  ErrantRed_GoodTimeGuys files are not more than two folders deep in the Mods folder.  Meaning :

• Files in [Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ are fine.
  • Files in [Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Folder1\ are fine.
  • Files in [Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Folder1\Folder2\ will not work.

If your active career sim does not get the 'Follow to work' option:

1 - Make sure you have a Stable venue somewhere in the world.  Without the venue, you won't get the option.

Requirements
Spoiler

Base Game (Version 1.105.345)

Get to Work DLC (For Active Career options)

TURBODRIVER's Whicked Whims  (Supports up to Version 178c)

NisaK's Wicked Perversions (Supports up to Version 3.3la)

Most Current Zerbu's Venue package or Basemental's Universal Venue List.

Thanks and Support
Spoiler

A huge “Thank You!” for the people who already support me – and for all the positive feedback I've already gotten. If you want to contribute for the further development of this and other mods, please donate to my patreon or on Ko-fi! You'll get access to my discord, polls for what gets worked on next, early access to new releases and spit-balling for long-term development goals.

It would, of course, be in poor taste for me not to mention the giants whose shoulders I'm standing on.  They've helpd a lot to advance this and other project so pease donate to their Patreons and show them love!

TURBODRIVER

NisaK

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/28/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    TURBODRIVER's Whicked Whims; NisaK's Wicked Perversions; Zerbu or Basemental venue list

First off, thanks for the mod! I really enjoy what you did here :) but I guess I need your help. I am not sure what the objective is (see picture). I offered my sim to clients, I tried romancing other sims, having sex with multiple sims at once, nothing worked. Also the objective says something about 4 partners in the description, but 5 in the box.

1698782380299.jpg

15 hours ago, Miezeratte said:

First off, thanks for the mod! I really enjoy what you did here :) but I guess I need your help. I am not sure what the objective is (see picture). I offered my sim to clients, I tried romancing other sims, having sex with multiple sims at once, nothing worked. Also the objective says something about 4 partners in the description, but 5 in the box.

Hi , i think is a little mistake ^^

On 10/31/2023 at 12:31 PM, Angelus75 said:

Can i use Good Time Guys and Good Time Girls in the same time ? in the same save ? or there a conflict ?

Hi Agelus - Thanks for the text catch!  I thought I had checked that but obviously missed it.  I'll fix that soon.

Also - there is no conflict between the two - you can run both simultaneously! 

23 hours ago, Miezeratte said:

1698782380299.jpg

Hi Miezeratte  As Angelus75 said - that is a fumble on my part.  I was going back and forth on if it should be 4 or 5 but the requirement is for 5 romantic partners (not just sex but 5 'romantic interests') so I'll need to fix that in a patch release. 

Hi , same as Good Time Girls , Good Time Guys need more active Johns and janes ! They talk or  they fuck each other but not with the guys.

Guys don't ask to fuck and don't fuck with customer (talk , talk and talk , watch tv , talk , masturbate alone , talk etc... )  lol

Only NPC Sims

With my Sim player it work well ^^

On 11/3/2023 at 10:32 AM, Angelus75 said:

Hi , same as Good Time Girls , Good Time Guys need more active Johns and janes ! They talk or  they fuck each other but not with the guys.

Guys don't ask to fuck and don't fuck with customer (talk , talk and talk , watch tv , talk , masturbate alone , talk etc... )  lol

Only NPC Sims

With my Sim player it work well ^^

Hi @Angelus75 - I agree - and I have found a partial solution.  Once GTGirls is out on patreon (a week, max) I plan on updating the GTGuys with a lot of the fixes I've worked out in the past few weeks.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vilainefille said:

I've looked before and it's not there. I'll try again today.

Checked again today and, nope I don't get the stable option. When I added good time girls, I got the brothel option. So definitely an issue with this one. And I used the good time girls after removing good time guys, just to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll start off by saying, great work! It's nice to see a mod like this. Now my Sims can live the rent boy life they deserve.

That said, I have run into a slight issue where the clients and boys leaves very early on in the work day. The mod does recognize the Sims which seems to just be "bar goers" as clients thankfully. But without colleagues I'm not sure how to finish the tasks related to the other guys.

Edited by craft90
On 1/16/2024 at 12:37 AM, fistguybr said:

I installed this but I didn't get the box mentioned when I join the career. Did I miss something?

You need to go to the Wicked Store and buy stuff such as condoms, then open those.

Installed the mod about a week ago, and it's a good mod, lots of potential.

I set up a house as a stable, picked the correct stable venue, maybe those that don;t see it could be because of your UI scaling since it's the last option on the list.

I chose an already playable working rent boy to work in the stable and followed him on his first day at work. Since there are 8 beds on the lot the game generated 7 clownified NPC workers (they were ugly), about 6 clients were on the lot when i joined but the mod didn't generate anymore, just regular townies on the lot, after that. Also the 7 workers all left at the same time after a few hours.

So, my sim finished out his shift, didn't get to joke with the guys cuz they had all left and couldn't flirt with clients because there weren't anymore spawning on the lot.

Sent my sim to work at the stable the next day, the mod generated 7 NEW ugly NPC workers. I was really hoping the mod would let me pick the townies to be the other workers, or just use the set that was generated on the first load. So, after 4 days i had 28 new NPC workers, the clients and workers will only stay on the lot for about an hour and then my sim is on his own.

I've left the mod in and i'm using the rabbit hole part of the mod for now.

But, it's a pretty good mod so far.