So many bugs all of a sudden.

I made the mistake of changing my home ship while docked at the Key. I had just returned from the Lock in the UC shuttle. It's now my home ship. So I saw Jazz and changed my homeship back to the ship prior to the Lock mission. Boarded my ship as usual, sat down and "undocked".

Suddenly I was taking off from New Atlanta in a different ship (I have 5 now) with parts of the NA spaceport attached. So I jumped to my outpost with a ship builder and changed my homeship again. Everything ok until I try docking at the Key again - unable to exit my ship at all. Pressing X from the pilot seat does nothing apart from locking my controls. Need to reload my save. Getting up from the seat [E] works, but unable to enter the Key via the docking port. The [board] option is replaced with an [open] instead which does nothing. (coc StationTheKeyShipInterior) works. Allowing me to proceed. But now there's no quest marker at the docking port back into my ship. I could fast travel back to new atlanta for the next quest target - naturally the TA kiosk at NA is missing and there's a gap in the pavement at the end of the ramp at the spaceport. (the bits that attached to my previous ship).

The quest continues, I manage to get on the UC space station and steal the commspike. But now when I jump back to The Key - it's missing. As in the quest marker is there, I can hail the key, but the station is GONE and there is no dock option at all. All there is - is a field of space station parts and a bunch of crimson fleet ships hanging about.

I have had a look on reddit - the only advice is land on a planet and take off again. This is supposed to "fix" this. But NO IT DOES NOT.

Any ideas? I am about ready to start a new game this is pissing me off.

Thing is, before NG+, I did the entire UCsysdef quest without ANY issues, including changing my homeship back to my original (but can't recall if I did that on the key or back at new atlanta now - damn it, getting old sucks dogs balls. 200 hours, and level 73. My first game breaking bug.

edit: Pictures

20231018165945_1.jpg

Fast travel in ^^^ where is?

20231018165953_1.jpg

Hmm? Can i hail it?

20231018170001_1.jpg

Yes. apparently i CAN hail it. But nothing else.

20231018170019_1.jpg

Spin 180 degrees and ?? Is that the key?

Edited by nIn nIn nIn

I'm at level 55 and a little over 200 hours in,, and been mostly bug free so far too.

My UC Vanguard questline broke when I went to Londinium, which cost me a few hours of game time as i reverted to an earlier save and I'll go back and try that again later.  I found several mentions of the same issue on the internet, so hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Just today, I had a cargo link mission bug out, even after I've run several of them before without issue.  Not game breaking, but annoying.

Other than that, it's really been running pretty well.  There are a few issues with the mechanics of the game that I might like to see changed, but no other real bugs.  Obviously there are some people who hate the game, but I'm still having fun.

7 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Sometimes I have had to reboot my computer to get problems to go away (not only in starfield).

Oftentimes that works for me too. Not today. That game is 100% borked.

I started a new character instead. Going to focus on doing side missions more than the main quest.

I had one temple left to get the special power from and the whole quest cleared from my quest list, Vlad would say nothing now.

A Bug a lot of people have reported online.

Edited by Sir Bron
1 hour ago, Sir Bron said:

I had one temple left to get the special power from and the whole quest cleared from my quest list, Vlad would say nothing now.

A Bug a lot of people have reported online.

Does your game say there is ONE undiscovered temple? If so, that is the final temple where you have to either fight the hunter and/or the other dude (name I can't remember) or convince them via dialog to just give you their artifacts. The final temple, Vlad isn't the one who tells you where to go.

Vor 2 Stunden sagte Sir Bron:

Ich hatte noch einen Tempel übrig, aus dem ich die besondere Kraft erhalten konnte, und die gesamte Quest wurde von meiner Questliste gestrichen. Vlad wollte jetzt nichts sagen.

Ein Fehler, den viele Leute online gemeldet haben.

I did ... then I started the other big quest lines. With the "U.C." the quest line with the Terrormorphs went off without a hitch ... the quest line with the "Japanese" corporation on "Neon" (the "oil rig") hangs up after the 4th or 5th quest ... i.e. you don't get a new task. i.e. you don't get a new quest.

The quest pointer is at the client - the order book says "talk to your client" ... but there is NO dialogue.

Old mistake ... already since "Morrowind" in this "engine" ... a "setstage" might help ... only without quest number etc.

That was the point that I quit the game ... it was just enough for me!

Vor 42 Minuten sagte nIn nIn nIn:

Sagt Ihr Spiel, dass es EINEN unentdeckten Tempel gibt? Wenn ja, ist das der letzte Tempel, in dem Sie entweder gegen den Jäger und/oder den anderen Kerl (Namen fällt mir nicht mehr ein) kämpfen oder sie per Dialog davon überzeugen müssen, Ihnen einfach ihre Artefakte zu geben. Der letzte Tempel, Vlad ist nicht derjenige, der dir sagt, wohin du gehen sollst.

I'm afraid that's wrong!

I already had this "buried" temple as a quest ... when I still had 7 or 8 temples open.

And after storming this temple and killing the other Star-Borns ... you get the other missing artefacts.

(by the way, I fought both star assholes ... because I wanted to!).

Well and what can I say ... instead of flying straight to the "zero point" of bullshit ... I went back to the box ... and lo and behold -> Vlad has new positions of temples!

Every few days he provides new coordinates ... except for the last one.

(where I even have 2 open in the display ... but only one power is still missing)

Ergo the game engine "overturns" to get two things in sync:

- the quest-line around Vlad who tells you the temple-positions

- the "main" quest around the star-born which culminates in the "buried" temple.

---

To get to a final point:

This game is not even halfway finished and should have been developed further for at least 2-3 years.

When I visit and scan planets with biospheres on the far right of the star map ... I have always found animal and plant species - whose models have incomplete "meshes" or missing "textures" ... the front runner were "birds" which were not loaded at all when entering the landing zone.

To see them (and scan them) you had to save the game in the loading zone and reload it (was a tip from "redit").

No - it is NOT the job of the unpaid mod authors to fix such things ... that is the job of the game manufacturer - who made hundreds of millions of dollars selling it!

1 hour ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Does your game say there is ONE undiscovered temple? If so, that is the final temple where you have to either fight the hunter and/or the other dude (name I can't remember) or convince them via dialog to just give you their artifacts. The final temple, Vlad isn't the one who tells you where to go.

No, I had already done that and wanted to finish getting all the powers so I left without going to the + game so I would not loose my ship and all the stuff I hoarded.

Do a type search "Vladimir won't give me any temple locations" I can't post a link here, Rules you know.

Anyway Bugthesda said they fixed it but after updating it still would not work. Maybe fixed by now but the Starfield is not worth playing, (for me) till CC and mods come out that are not what is currently available, I don't care for adding a bunch of stuff to my game files, bat, batch, etc.

46 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

I did ... then I started the other big quest lines. With the "U.C." the quest line with the Terrormorphs went off without a hitch ... the quest line with the "Japanese" corporation on "Neon" (the "oil rig") hangs up after the 4th or 5th quest ...

I finished both of those with no issues.

Like I said in another post, I don't know what Todd was thinking when he approved the release of a partially "finished", and I use the term loosely, Game. I have gone back to Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Vor 8 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Ich habe beides ohne Probleme abgeschlossen.

Wie ich bereits in einem anderen Beitrag sagte, weiß ich nicht, was Todd gedacht hat, als er die Veröffentlichung eines teilweise „fertigen“, und ich verwende den Begriff locker, genehmigte. Ich bin zu Skyrim und Fallout 4 zurückgekehrt.

I had read about your mistake when you first wrote about it here in the forum.

When I had completed the "buried" temple and was thinking about how to proceed further in the game ... I decided to acquire the missing "powers".

And so I got to the point where there was still one "power missing" and Vladimir didn't report another location to you ... although there was still one open.

4 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Personally, I have two undiscovered temples, and many missing powers, and Vlad has vanished from my game.

15 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Oftentimes that works for me too. Not today. That game is 100% borked.

I started a new character instead. Going to focus on doing side missions more than the main quest.

For me, the biggest borks have been in outposts (though that one has gotten better - it no longer crashes my game).

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 6:31 AM, Faustling said:

I thought my outpost was under attack, but it was just some boulders hovering in the sky.  Maybe they were stoned.

stoned.jpg

Probably one of those gravitational anomalies we hear so much about :)

Seriously, there have been unintentional floating rocks in Bethesda games for as long as I can remember. Starfield is just the first where the game lore can explain why it happens :D