The underage elephant in the ship.

We will need a way to ensure that Cora Coe doesn't wander into into any activities if she happens to be around.  I also understand there may be other children in the came who pose a similar issue.  Since I am romancing her father I hope our glorious modders can find a way around her,

11 hours ago, Sescheraun said:

We will need a way to ensure that Cora Coe doesn't wander into into any activities if she happens to be around.  I also understand there may be other children in the came who pose a similar issue.  Since I am romancing her father I hope our glorious modders can find a way around her,

No big deal, kids, narrators and other characters have been blocked by every other game's sex engine's by modders. SF will be no different.

Edited by Halstrom

While it is possible that something is done to prevent Cora from seeing/being around sexy activities, I don't think it is a realistic expectation to have. I think a more realistic expectation (kinda a requirement tbh lol) is that she isn't included in any sexy activities.

Out of all the mods for Skyrim, there's only one that I can recall (can't even remember which one it is lol) that actively "disappears" child NPCs around the player character, and the way it had to be done pretty much made it so that you never ever saw them.... ever. In my opinion, such a move is way to aggressive, and I always disabled that function when I used that mod. Maybe it was one of the NPC comment mods, one of the Babo mods or something? IDK.

TL;DR: don't expect Cora to not be around sexy activities, but definitely expect her to not be involved in said activities.

When I think of all the great fuck- and partly brutal BDSM-mods that take place DIRECTLY in the marketplace of Weißlauf ... where actually everyone knows at least 4-5 children are constantly running around ... such problems are really not unsolvable for the mod authors.

And besides, my character has been REGULARLY addressed by children with "Auntie - you're naked."

---

My cousin already knew at the age of 7 what the young people at the "festival" were doing on the lawn of the city park -> "You mummy - look - there are new babies being conceived".

Such a precocious child can only become a midwife ... with more than 40 years of professional experience ... after all, there must be someone to take the babies out of the mother's womb ... after 8-9 months

?

Vor 13 Minuten sagte Just Checking:

Wenn die Erwachsenen etwas unternehmen wollen, muss Cora in der Landebucht warten. Sie sind luftdicht, oder?

No - it's not!

Besides, you fall through the floor when the ship takes off.

Have you never tried to board a landed ship?

In the end, the solution is quite simple and even very easy to get in line with the main story:

The young lady is quite "precocious" - not untypical for children growing up under such circumstances.

So she knows very well that her father has certain "needs" and ultimately does not object if the new travelling companion (who is the captain of the spaceship) has a correspondingly good relationship with her father. (The same would probably work if her father were into men!).

So what does a girl of that age care about?

Eavesdropping on her dad having sex?

Whoever comes up with such a thing has no idea about such children ... they are interested in something completely different.

In what?

The "little one" has already made that known -> she would like to be an explorer ... and in this world that includes flying spaceships!

The "girl" has no desire to play with "Barbie and Ken"! ... She wants to pursue her explorer fantasies undisturbed for 2-3 hours in the pilot's seat!

Have you ever noticed that the cockpit ALWAYS has a bulkhead door ... you can close it!

So what's wrong with the "captain" setting the "ignition key" for the spaceship in such a way that all the lights in the cockpit flash colourfully ... but otherwise all aggregates continue to run in automatic mode?

NOTHING!

So when the sex scene is going on in the cabin ... Close the cockpit door and the girl gets into the pilot's seat and gets to play "spaceship captain"!

---

I know from my own life how I was fascinated as a child (1971 - space exhibition) by the REAL (Soviet) space capsules ... I could take a look at both "Vostock" and "Soyuz" ... and "in my mind" take a seat as a cosmonaut myself.

Later, during my own service in the Naval Air Forces, the packed cockpits of our helicopters ... By the way, "cabin training" was also part of the training - we had to know what EACH of the instruments was for and where EACH of the necessary switches were.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 8:46 PM, MysticDaedra said:

Out of all the mods for Skyrim, there's only one that I can recall (can't even remember which one it is lol) that actively "disappears" child NPCs around the player character,

"Sexlab - Sexual Fame". By default it removed all child NPCs but you could bring them back in the mod settings in order to get access to their quests.

And two more options:

That Panhandler in Neon, Huon Le - she seems to be a teenager rather than a child. So turning Cora & gang from 12 to 16 is always an option, without the need to change anything about their quests. 

Option two: Go all the way and turn Cora into "finally 18". Which probably ruins her dialogue lines - I mean come on: Books ? Not a priority for your average 18 year old. But it would open other game options. Like - Cora loves her daddy very, very much ?  And no need to dance around the rest of the adult content.

• 2 months later...

I do wonder how much of an issue this is. I mean you can get up to all sorts of lewdness on the streets of Whiterun, and no-one much seems to care if Braith wanders by in the middle of it all. As long as the kids don't join in and they're not referenced in any way, is it really an issue?

Failing that, you could set up a "playroom" hab that disables cora when you enter it, and re-enables here when you leave..

End of the day though, it's going to be down to whoever makes the mod. I mean the framework is going exclude children from taking part, so that's a given. But if someone writes a "Better Lover's Comfort" type mod, it's going to be down to them to make sure there are no underage spectators

2 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Are we really discussing now how to "protect" virtual things which vaguely resemble children from witnessing other virtual things playing animations which are meant to resemble sexual acts?

It's less about protecting Cora and more about the optics of the situation. No one want hysterical and unfounded accusations of pedophilia directed at the site, the hobby, or individual modders.

The question is how big is the risk and how much effort is warranted.

In Sexout and AAF we added various blocks and exclusions on multiple levels in the core sex mod and individual mods to avoid accidental and deliberate incidents. It also has to be pointed out that just because a mod doesn't stop an event happening, it doesn't mean it is intentional. In the early days of Sexout someone pointed out to me one day that my mod by fluke somehow allowed a random pregnancy in a child NPC and I had to add an exclusion list. But those that wanted to get around our blocks still did so and published patches on dark sites to do it and there was nothing we could do about it.

I actually think there should be a blacklist system preventing specific NPCs from walking into specific rooms during a sex scene, not just Cora or any underage characters. 

Disabling them isn't always a solution, as scenes might not always involve the player, and you might want to continue walking around the ship while the scene is playing. 

3 hours ago, Veniat said:

I actually think there should be a blacklist system preventing specific NPCs from walking into specific rooms during a sex scene, not just Cora or any underage characters. 

Disabling them isn't always a solution, as scenes might not always involve the player, and you might want to continue walking around the ship while the scene is playing. 

Yeah, well there are all sorts of strange NPCs that did get blacklisted like the Narrator, Vertibirds and Tumbleweeds. There was a Sexmod exclusion list but my mods had their own and actually also added them to the Sexout list at various times just incase bad people cleared it :)

Anyway protecting "children" is very hard in Bethesda games because it's mainly done by placing them as some races.

As the first thing done to throw the protections on them (for example to permit to kill them) is done by creating new races it's almost impossible to continue to protect them as they are no longer "children" but adults with a child representation...

• 1 month later...