CBO Community Patch

View File

Don't use this with CBO 1.8.1.
This patch was for made while Mange was away. CBO is now updated for Crusader Kings 3 1.11 (Legacy of Persia).

A community patch for Mange's Character Body Overhaul mod to bring it up to date with the Wards & Wardens update (1.10) while he's away.

As some of you might have noticed, the game still works without the community patch. But without it, you'll encounter bugs or worse, a CTD, when the game calls for the new animations. There were subtle alterations to the other animations as well, so we've included them in the patch.

This is just to bring the CBO up to date and fix bugs that come up, no new features will be added.

RECOMMENDED LOAD ORDER:

Maintainers (from the Carnalitas Discord):

• thebumpercar
  • Fiore
  • me

For the changelog just go look at the commits: Github

Edited by abrevlan
Base mod is now up to date.
56 minutes ago, Dwjliel said:

Thanks for listing this on LL!

Won't currently D/L from LL, so unable to check myself - this isn't any different (so no benefit) if we've already got the Github D/L and overwritten the CBO install prior, right?

I've just downloaded it and it is a lot smaller than the Mange/Github one.

Edit: On further investigation I see it has its own .mod file so I would assume that it installs like a regular mod rather dumping into CBO.

Edit to the edit:

Edited by Grey Cloud
2 hours ago, oksid35 said:

What adult mods are currently compatible with 1.10.2? Those constant updates are really fucking annoying.

I mean.. if Mange was here, he would have just patched the original CBO and be done with it.  If it wasn't for AbrevLan and others pulling together to get this Community Patch to work with 1.10, everyone would be twiddling their thumbs waiting on Mange to return and update CBO.  CBO wouldn't even be working properly right now.  But to answer your question, this patch works with 1.10, and the previous CBO patch on Github also works.  There's just more bug fixes, and we will continue to find bugs and patch them as we go along.

@Grey Cloud

AbrevLan found a way to compress and drastically reduce the size of animation files(without sacrificing quality of them) resulting in the ability to be able to upload to LL.

Edited by Riija
2 hours ago, krollbotid said:

Rimage.png.142bd17329b6ef17764ff6d8498f0538.pngreinstalled CBO, CBO animations+ and this patch. Got this: girl's ass moving from 7 to 10 o'clock and man's fucking air.
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Yeah, been meaning to remove that. Just found out last week that the CBO in LoversLab doesn't have that feature just yet. So basically, just remove this file events/sex_scenes/carn_example_sex_scene_event.txt and you'll be fine.

Disclaimer: I won't be adding that feature to the community patch since Mange hadn't even released it fully yet.

On 10/13/2023 at 5:56 AM, PriapicWonder said:

image.png.bb8932e26474d0368ebbff893a71d2fe.png

I think this is because of the thousands of people that's downloading it. I checked the download count regularly and it was already in the 7000s on release day, the release wasn't even a day old yet.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, Dwjliel said:

Thanks for listing this on LL!

Won't currently D/L from LL, so unable to check myself - this isn't any different (so no benefit) if we've already got the Github D/L and overwritten the CBO install prior, right?

Thanks to @abrevlan for uploading this and all his work on the github to far, I can confirm that the LL version will roughly match the most recent github update, Abrev has just taken the initiative to upload here for people who struggle with accessing github or want to try and stay on LL, work continues via that github primarily 

(for avoidance of doubt I am the aforementioned Fioré who hosts the github) 

I'm still slightly confused about this. Does this mod replace the community patch done by Mange, i.e. the one where you paste it into CBO or is it a replacement/alternative?

The description mentions new animations  - what animations are these?

Can this mod be pasted into CBO or does it need to be installed as a separate mod?

Edited by Grey Cloud
3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm still slightly confused about this. Does this mod replace the community patch done by Mange, i.e. the one where you paste it into CBO or is it a replacement/alternative?

The description mentions new animations  - what animations are these?

Can this mod be pasted into CBO or does it need to be installed as a separate mod?

The community patch wasn't done by Mange, that's why it's called the community patch. If Mange wasn't busy, he'd just update CBO and not have to do a patch mod.

You could still do the replacement method via downloading from Github, it would still be the most up to date one since that's where this mod listing even comes from.

You could paste this mod into CBO but it would be ill advised since this one has a descriptor.mod file and it will overwrite CBO's. I just made this one because there's too many people asking how to do the Github route and/or maybe confused with how to apply it. This is recommended to be installed as a submod to CBO, i.e. loaded after CBO.

6 hours ago, abrevlan said:

The community patch wasn't done by Mange, that's why it's called the community patch. If Mange wasn't busy, he'd just update CBO and not have to do a patch mod.

You could still do the replacement method via downloading from Github, it would still be the most up to date one since that's where this mod listing even comes from.

You could paste this mod into CBO but it would be ill advised since this one has a descriptor.mod file and it will overwrite CBO's. I just made this one because there's too many people asking how to do the Github route and/or maybe confused with how to apply it. This is recommended to be installed as a submod to CBO, i.e. loaded after CBO.

Okay, so I more or less get most of that but what is the difference between this 'community patch' and the other/earlier/previous copy/paste version? Is it a one or the other or both that i need?

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Okay, so I more or less get most of that but what is the difference between this 'community patch' and the other/earlier/previous copy/paste version? Is it a one or the other or both that i need?

Dude, I already said I made this for the people having a hard time doing the Github route. I don't know how I can be more clear that you don't need to do both.

4 hours ago, abrevlan said:

Dude, I already said I made this for the people having a hard time doing the Github route. I don't know how I can be more clear that you don't need to do both.

Well your original description doesn't mention this at all.

On 10/12/2023 at 7:23 PM, abrevlan said:

A community patch for Mange's Character Body Overhaul mod to bring it up to date with the Wards & Wardens update (1.10) while he's away.

As some of you might have noticed, the game still works without the community patch. But without it, you'll encounter bugs or worse, a CTD, when the game calls for the new animations. There were subtle alterations to the other animations as well, so we've included them in the patch.

This is just to bring the CBO up to date and fix bugs that come up, no new features will be added.

No mention of the original Github patch or Github.

No mention of why this version is considerably smaller than the original.

23 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

No mention of the original Github patch or Github.

No mention of why this version is considerably smaller than the original.

Alright let me take this one as the controller of the Github account (Fioré) 

No mention of the original Github patch or Github." 

This is objectively untrue, whilst Abrev does not give detail about the github version of the patch (the only difference being the install method) he does specifically say that the changelog is over in the commits for it and links directly to this. 

"No mention of why this version is considerably smaller than the original."

There was no need for there to be mention of this Abrev has found a way of extracting the files to be smaller than Manges original without compromising on quality this is objectively a good thing but the community does not require detail as to the exact process or cause of this. 

This has already been directly answered but allow me to do so again, Either one or the other install method, to do both would be pointless but they are functionally the same patch. 

Does that answer your issues, or do you have anything that needs follow up that isn't you seemingly just trying to cause stress and frustration to someone contributing their own, free time and stress to maintain a well loved but incredibly complex mod for free?

My question has been answered. Now you come along talking shit.

2 hours ago, byehi said:

This is objectively untrue, whilst Abrev does not give detail about the github version of the patch

How can it be 'objectively untrue' while at the same time he didn't give details because he didn't mention it? So the changelog for a patch that was designed for people who don't want to use Github is on Github? Not that this is mentioned in the mod description.

2 hours ago, byehi said:

There was no need for there to be mention of this Abrev has found a way of extracting the files to be smaller than Manges original

The size question was one I asked in an earlier post.

And just for the record I always appreciate mod authors for any game especially one like CK3 which needs all the help it can get to make it worth playing.

Edited by Grey Cloud
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Grimmdal said:

is this compatible with 1.11 ?

not yet, CBO completely replaces the skeleton of characters and as such all new clothing essentially needs to be completely rebuilt to work with said skeleton. The team is currently working on the update though

11 hours ago, byehi said:

not yet, CBO completely replaces the skeleton of characters and as such all new clothing essentially needs to be completely rebuilt to work with said skeleton. The team is currently working on the update though

considering the extreme amount of work this mod requires , makes me think that it is doomed to die sooner or later. just some updates ahead before he looses his mind.

1 hour ago, Grimmdal said:

considering the extreme amount of work this mod requires , makes me think that it is doomed to die sooner or later. just some updates ahead before he looses his mind.

there are much bigger mods that continue to live, the issue with this one has been that it has been one person (mange) for a very long time the community patch has been brought about by those of us that have worked with Mange previously in bug testing to take some strain off of a very busy person (with a very stressful full time job) updates have actually become more frequent in the last 6 months or so and Mange is slowly managing to return to modding as well

On 11/11/2023 at 9:05 PM, Grimmdal said:

The work that goes into the mod is really taxing but I'm creating measures to make it easier. Been poking around a lot with paradox code by trying to create my own language service and found some stuff that might help in maintenance. Some of the stuff I found are already applied on the CFP and EPE Compatch.

Lastly, just to make an update why it's taking me so long to make an update.

I recently moved near the end of October, got disoriented with all the stuff happening. I also waited for a week or so to have my PC moved from my old home. I'm not remoting to my PC anymore to do my modding anymore, so that's a plus. But with moving, my responsibilities around the house grew. So please, bear with me as I need to juggle a lot of things before I can get into a good groove into modding.

I'm also creating my own custom import/export tool based on io-pdx-mesh. With this new tool, I can catch problems before importing to blender and before exporting to the game. This will hopefully eliminate vertex count mismatch between the base mesh and the blendshapes.

Here's a preview:

image.png.85057244fab80b80964b7f234d3202ea.png

That's without opening the game or even blender.

Edited by abrevlan
Added more details