Lustiest Lair Expanded

Lustiest Lair Expanded

Follow and support Lustiest Lair: Expanded on Patreon for Early Access builds!

Lustiest Lair: Expanded is a beloved continuation of the famous overhaul mod that aims to keep Darkest Dungeon's dark, hopeless and eldritch themes while adding lewder, erotic elements to it's depraved world. Lustiest Lair achieved this by revamping the world, story and heroes within this world, and Lustiest Lair: Expanded is carrying on the torch.

Lustiest Lair takes place in an alternate reality which follows the events after the heroes have rebuffed the Cosmic Entity behind the strangeness surrounding the Hamlet. Once the world is "reset" by this Being, something changes in this world and only women are answering the call of the Hamlet. With this, The Entity decides to take a slightly different approach to bring upon The End. The Cosmic Entity, with the help of the Ancestor decides that they will build a much stronger and larger army in order to bring upon The End -- and they've determined that best way to do this is to capture these women and use their bodies to help them to build their armies while allowing their minions to use these women to satisfy their depraved desires.

In Lustiest Lair, you command a roster of women who have answered the call and seek to face these beasts on the battlefield the way they know how, sexually. Your women can become pregnant, awaken strange fetishes within themselves upon their adventures. As you acquire gold to rebuild your estate, you may purchase sex toys, revealing clothes, sensualities and improve upon the sexual techniques of your ladies. As the sexual tension of their expeditions raises your ladies' lust, you may relieve their accumulated desire within the Hamlet by having them engage in sexual downtime activities such as exhibitionism, prostitution, serving as a sperm dump within the glory holes and providing sexual relief to the devotees of the church.

If you'd like to see follow the development of Lustiest Lair: Expanded, and want access to polls, early builds, sneak previews, and more, you can visit my Patreon to follow development of the mod.

We also have a Discord server for Lustiest Lair and other Darkest Dungeon adult mods, run by our beloved Haftilt.

Unofficial Lustiest Lair Wiki Link
Credit to HoodieGal for all their great work on the Lustiest Lair Wiki.

What does Lustiest Lair: Expanded add?

Lustiest Lair continues what the original mod did, and turns the world into an entirely erotic experience by revamping many of the game's dialogue and vanilla features:

• New Monsters and Skills
  • Erotic Trinkets, Curios, Quirks, and Pregnancies
  • Over 5000 lines of text and dialogue changed to be more erotic.
  • Over 1000 lines added of new text and dialogue
  • All of the town activities for "stress" relief are changed to allow the heroes to relieve themselves in lewder ways. Heroes can also work in the Brothel to earn gold or enjoy the other in-town activities to receive unique quirks and trinkets -- descriptions and names of buildings within the Hamlet have been changed to reflect their new erotic theme.
  • The sanitarium has been changed as well, quirks are now fetishes and they can be removed or made permanent via "questionable" methods and diseases have been changed into pregnancies.
  • UI elements, UI text, curios and their interactions have been changed to be naughtier.
  • New bosses, mini-bosses, journals, and changed all of the vanilla journals to be more erotic.
  • Combat, stress, affliction, virtue, activity, and walking dialogue has been changed to be lewder.
  • Hero class names, ability names, camping skill names and provision item names have been changed to be more adult-themed.
  • And more...

How do I install Lustiest Lair: Expanded?

Simply extract Lustiest Lair expanded to your /mods/ folder in Darkest Dungeon, just like you would any other mod, and install all other requires files and their dependencies.

Required mods:

Optional, but highly recommended, mods:

Please bear in mind that on it's own Lustiest Lair won't change any of your hero's skins. You can use whatever skins you like for your heroes, but they must all be female skins.

What's in store for Lustiest Lair: Expanded?

Future plans and updates can be found on my Patreon, typically as public posts. However, in general I plan to add:

• More pregnancy content
  • More enemies
  • More bosses
  • Audio for heroes
  • Audio for enemies
  • Audio for bosses
  • More dungeons

What happened to Lustiest Lair?

After development of Lustiest Lair was placed on permanent hiatus by Halftilt and a call put out for someone to pick up the torch, I stepped up and carried on the vision. I have worked with Halftilt on Lustiest Lair in the past, specifically with audio for monsters and bosses (in fact, my voice is the voice of the Priestess boss fight!), and with their permission I have been allowed to continue working on the mod I so dearly love. Halftilt is still working on lewd games - they are currently working on Light Space Love, an erotic sci-fi game! I'm doing the audio for that one too!

How can I support Lustiest Lair: Expanded?

Development continues on my Patreon! Consider becoming a member if you'd like to see the mod live on and continue to receive new content, fix old bugs, and become better with every new release!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Clair's Journal Compatibility Fix, Mafe Patch for Quest Generation Issues, Female skins for heroes

Edited by Ancestress

Out of curiosity, what does this version change or add opposed to the original that I’ve currently got installed? A quick glance makes it seem like it’s the same currently? 

also, how should one go about updating? Install this over the other one? 
or should I just disable the old one and enable this one? 

1 hour ago, sw2014 said:

Out of curiosity, what does this version change or add opposed to the original that I’ve currently got installed? A quick glance makes it seem like it’s the same currently? 

also, how should one go about updating? Install this over the other one? 
or should I just disable the old one and enable this one? 

There's a changelog on Nexus and on my Patreon with the current changes. It's still early days, the work is ongoing!

Also, this completely replaces Lustiest Lair. Consider it a new version of the mod.

Edited by Ancestress

Hi there Ancestress,

first, thx for continue working on this cool mod. :)

I,ve got 2 questions:

1. The capture mechanic during the encounter with the Slaver Queen (her minion grabs a heroess similar to the gargoyle) leads to a crash to desktop in the last version of Lustiest Lair.

The game can be restarted and the player can just continue the fight and kill the minion. It´s just a bit anoying. Is this fixed since it isn´t mentioned in the change logs?

2. Halftilt at some point mentioned the work on a kind of "sex framework", but i am not sure if this is something for Darkest Dungeon. I stumbled upon it on the Kenomo page

--> https://kemono.party/patreon/user/5905907

Is this still a thing or is this something completly different?

greetings,

Mart

1 hour ago, Mart0206 said:

Hi there Ancestress,

first, thx for continue working on this cool mod. :)

I,ve got 2 questions:

1. The capture mechanic during the encounter with the Slaver Queen (her minion grabs a heroess similar to the gargoyle) leads to a crash to desktop in the last version of Lustiest Lair.

The game can be restarted and the player can just continue the fight and kill the minion. It´s just a bit anoying. Is this fixed since it isn´t mentioned in the change logs?

2. Halftilt at some point mentioned the work on a kind of "sex framework", but i am not sure if this is something for Darkest Dungeon. I stumbled upon it on the Kenomo page

--> https://kemono.party/patreon/user/5905907

Is this still a thing or is this something completly different?

greetings,

Mart

That crash is being investigated. I've no idea what's causing it, I'd need to find some crash logs to figure it out.

The sex framework is still a thing, but I'm not going to be working on that for a while yet.

Also, don't use kemono. If you like these projects, don't pirate them.

Edited by Ancestress
On 9/28/2023 at 10:28 AM, Ancestress said:

There's a changelog on Nexus and on my Patreon with the current changes. It's still early days, the work is ongoing!

Also, this completely replaces Lustiest Lair. Consider it a new version of the mod.

Another one - does this use the nexus or LL version of Lustiest Lair? There were some differences

So genuine question. Is lustiest lair an overhaul or more just a reskin / rewrite of everything. When I played the original lustiest lair years back it felt more like a reskin and rwrite of pre-existing systems to be more in line with a lewd playthough? Where as an actual adult mod adds something onto the pre-exisiting structure. like a framework such as sexlab for skyrim. 

Like I see from the description that it seems to be what I think it is which is just we replaced the name of something and intead of X its now Y.

Or is there genuinely new systems and interactions in the game?

Godspeed and best of luck, hopefully you can focus a little harder on squashing bugs rather then setting up new systems (that bring their own bugs).

Here's one for free. The D variant of the Cumslave is broken. Its info file is just its art file again, causing it to instantly die when spawned.

Such an easy fix. Abominable that it was left like this for multiple editions.

5 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Godspeed and best of luck, hopefully you can focus a little harder on squashing bugs rather then setting up new systems (that bring their own bugs).

Here's one for free. The D variant of the Cumslave is broken. Its info file is just its art file again, causing it to instantly die when spawned.

Such an easy fix. Abominable that it was left like this for multiple editions.

Ill look into this!

3 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

Want one more for fun?

The 'Bind' target FX crashes the game. The Slaver Lieutenant uses it when recapturing a cumslave.

Yeah, the FX crashes the game. LL was very well-tested.

This is a well-known problem persistent in Darkest Dungeon itself. Captures are very prone to crashing - even Hag and Drowned Crew are massively problematic for some people.

If anyone can figure out how to solve those issues, they'll have done a better job than Red Hook. Talking with any of the modding communities earns you a collective shrug when it comes to finding a solve.

Edited by Ancestress
2 hours ago, Ancestress said:

This is a well-known problem persistent in Darkest Dungeon itself. Captures are very prone to crashing - even Hag and Drowned Crew are massively problematic for some people.

If anyone can figure out how to solve those issues, they'll have done a better job than Red Hook. Talking with any of the modding communities earns you a collective shrug when it comes to finding a solve.

I am telling you. It's not a bug with the capture, it's the FX.

I ran into that problem, yes. Removing all the FX fixed it. Capture went through, Cumslave died, Lieutenant transformed.

Seeing as how the caster's FX is used in the basic attack, logically it was the target FX, the binding ropes around the cumslave, that was crashing the game.

...I am also currently dealing with cumslaves instantly blowing up the game when they try and take a turn. What I'm saying is that LL needs a lot of debugging before it'll be completely functional, and I wish you good luck with fixing it.

-Fixed it. Went back to 7.4 LL and grabbed their files for the Cumslave. They didn't have the L version (friendly spawned by item) so I had to improvise that, but now the cumslave doesn't CTD for lulz.

...A lot of stuff broken in 9.3 worked in previous builds, and was broken after the fact.

Edited by Fasterflight225
4 hours ago, Fasterflight225 said:

I ran into that problem, yes. Removing all the FX fixed it. Capture went through, Cumslave died, Lieutenant transformed.

Seeing as how the caster's FX is used in the basic attack, logically it was the target FX, the binding ropes around the cumslave, that was crashing the game.

...I am also currently dealing with cumslaves instantly blowing up the game when they try and take a turn. What I'm saying is that LL needs a lot of debugging before it'll be completely functional, and I wish you good luck with fixing it.

-Fixed it. Went back to 7.4 LL and grabbed their files for the Cumslave. They didn't have the L version (friendly spawned by item) so I had to improvise that, but now the cumslave doesn't CTD for lulz.

...A lot of stuff broken in 9.3 worked in previous builds, and was broken after the fact.

I'll take this into consideration. Problems with the animation files (and by extension the FX) were something I've been looking to already.

Edited by Ancestress
On 10/4/2023 at 8:22 PM, Fasterflight225 said:

Removing the FX *largely* worked. It completely eliminated crashing in the new monster I'm introducing, and it only reduced the crashing for Slaver Lieutenant.

So with my head held high I posted the new monster onto my patreon for testing aaaand...

... Others are crashing where I'm not. This game is a nightmare.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just start playing with this mod and it is great!

Just one thing I wanna ask.

so I decided to change some of the text(for my personal enjoyment) in the localziation folder (the xml files, specifically ll_quirk_preg_strings.string_table.xml), but the ingame text fail to change after I reentered the game. Any Idea how to refresh the data?

2 hours ago, rui9606 said:

Hi, I just start playing with this mod and it is great!

Just one thing I wanna ask.

so I decided to change some of the text(for my personal enjoyment) in the localziation folder (the xml files, specifically ll_quirk_preg_strings.string_table.xml), but the ingame text fail to change after I reentered the game. Any Idea how to refresh the data?

You have to convert the xml to loc2 files either by using the localization.bat or localization.exe . If using the exe (_windows) then the xml have to be in ../localization folder. If using the bat as long the path is right then it should work. Just take a copy of the butcher circus bat to mods/modname/localization if you have your xml there and change the prefix.

• Ancestress changed the title to Lustiest Lair Expanded v1.1

For some reason my version of Darkest Dungeon doesn't display the mod properly, all the modded content is shown as for example ll_mounthound_A and doesn't work.

Current version is GOG, build: 24839 (Thanks Red Hook for never updating the GOG version)

Edited by Dakka102
3 hours ago, Dakka102 said:

For some reason my version of Darkest Dungeon doesn't display the mod properly, all the modded content is shown as for example ll_mounthound_A and doesn't work.

Current version is GOG, build: 24839 (Thanks Red Hook for never updating the GOG version)

LLE only works on the latest version :)