Uninstalled video driver

Luckyseven95

I accidentally uninstalled my video driver through this method : I right clicked on desktop, then resolution, then advanced settings. Once there, I went to my video card properties, and accidentally click uninstall instead of update. Is there any way to restore my video driver? The driver was a Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family driver. I've already tried system restore from an earlier restore point, but when I do, it says " The disk Local Disk (C:) has errors. Windows has detected file system corruption on Local Disk (C:). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored". Any help would be appreciated !

eer use system restore, as it is a factory build it should have all drivers install. So system restore will put them back as they are built into the ghost file on ya HDD.

or try here,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%C2%AE+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family

Guest carywinton

Run chkdsk in Safe Mode, if you can get to Safe Mode. Open "Computer" on your desktop, right click on the "C" drive, choose "Properties". When the options dialog box opens go to the "Tools" tab and click on "Check Now" under the "Error Checking" category. This will run Check Disk and should find and fix your corrupted files problem.

If you are unable to even get the "Boot Menu" by tapping the "F8" key while your screen has the black background and white words that have just gone by "BIOS or CMOS" loading screen also called POST. Then you will have to do a factory restore of your system. Most Windows 7 systems that are put together by a major manufacturer like Dell, HP, etc. have this option available , but if you cannot get to that screen, then you will have to look up what other key may start the process without having access to the "F8" Boot loading options screen. Some use "F11" to just jump start the process, if you cannot find out how to do this, let me know the manufacture and model of your computer and I can try and find the answer on some of the Dealer OEM repair portals I am able to access.

Kind Regards and hope this helps you. Let me know if I can be a further assistance.

Guest carywinton

System Restore is there for a reason, like re-installing drivers and wot not..

You should have read the original post a bit more clearly, I know you are trying to help which is great but he stated and I quote "I've already tried system restore from an earlier restore point, but when I do, it says " The disk Local Disk (C:) has errors. Windows has detected file system corruption on Local Disk (C:). You must check the disk for errors before it can be restored". End quote.

Therefore Microsoft System Restore is no longer an option, the disk drive error must be corrected before he can even get the option to use Microsoft System Restore, this is why I suggested the methods I did.

Archived