Just curious. Rivers/Lakes/Roads.

I have only seen large lakes.

Roads and rivers would require special procedural algorithms in order to be realistic. Rivers need to flow down hill, not intersect with themselves, etc. They also require unique animations when changing elevation. I really doubt there are any to be found. Unfortunately it would be a difficult thing to mod in.

A procedural algorithm for roads would be simpler than rivers. However I am not sure they make sense in the games lore. A cornerstone to the lore is that free access to space changed humanity's culture. Spaceship ownership is rather common. A lot of NPCs in settlements will mention they are saving up to buy a ship. Imagine if today we all owned helicopters instead of cars. Roads would be notably less common. Dense cities would be less desirable and humans would spread out more. Which is what the game is saying happened. Only it is spaceships instead of helicopters.

I saw a relatively lengthy road connecting a landing zone to a base. But that was all part of the same POI. So it was probably hand placed.

Baking in rivers to the world generation would not have been that difficult for them to accomplish technically. This reeks of cutting room floor decision making. Perhaps the local cell generation couldn't support plausible rivers or users being unable to cross them on cold worlds without freezing to death caused them to be cut. Or maybe they did not want to consider liquid density changes based on planet gravity. It will be infinitely harder to mod in now vs if Bethesda had considered it.