Sharing Sims with CC etiquette

What is the etiquette, if any, when sharing sims when using CC?  I've found really cool CC for my sims, and I want to share them, but I'm not sure if its OK when using CC. Say I use CC hair, makeup, cloths, etc, is it ok to share that sim? If yes, do I say who made the cc and where to find it?  

On 8/31/2023 at 2:46 AM, Txmmy83 said:

Copyright wise I would say it is difficult situation and depends if you have authors permission (Free content) a clear no when Patreon paywalled content is used and shared without permission

Technicaly, there's no copyright but EA one for Sims4 mods. So except if EA does not disagree, you can share CC without any second thought.

Officially EA tolerates that mod author put their creations behind a paywall only for a reasonable period (which means nothing). But as EA wont enforce such rule, so many mod authors doesn't respect it. Nonetheless it means that their mods are technically free.

Now there is something that called "Savoir vivre", so if the mod author is respectable, respect their works.

honestly, just put all required mods and cc in the download file, but give credits to original creators if you can remember them. sims community is super snowflakey and ridiculous when it comes to modding, etc... back in the day, during sims 2 era, it was quite common to include mods and CC otherwise the sim wouldnt appear the same and nobody would bother downloading 2349083 individual cc just to play one sim you uploaded somewhere. the etiquette was to give a fully functioning sim :D and CC creators who put their content behind paywalls and such were getting shunned -rightfully, imo- it was quite the opposite of how it is nowadays.. so yeah, screw everyone, just don't claim anything that is not yours as your own and upload your sims with cc. what will they do? sue you? technically, legally, only EA has the power to do that, it is stated in their TOS that they basically OWN everything even made by the players lol