Skyrim or Special Edition

Hi, after years using mods from The Sims 4, i decided to replay skyrim with mods, but i don't know which one it's better for modding, tbh i never touched Special Edition but looks similar to mod to classic Skyrim. I've seen that Special Edition have less mods than Skyrim but it looks better.

So whats your personal taste here? i'm a bit lost with all those Skyrim versions...

I would choose Special Edition, I've found it more stable "out of the box" and while it is not that hard to convert LE mods to SE, the other way around is not widely supported.

The biggest disadvantage is that SE is more complicated to get working (because of the SE/AE issues) and the much higher likelihood that updates will be pushed out that break your mods.

If you have an older graphics card, then I also find SE pushes them harder and heats up the computer more.