really anything that is a package.  i hit download and then a screen pops up asking if i want to save to my downloads and then I hit save and in the bottom left corner a internet explorer icon will show up and the file starts to download i hit the icon after the file is done and then the internet explorer downloads pops up asking to open or save, i hit save and then it shows up in my downloads with the internet explorer icon. i drag that to my mods folder but the mod never works. 

6 hours ago, nickd01201 said:

really anything that is a package.  i hit download and then a screen pops up asking if i want to save to my downloads and then I hit save and in the bottom left corner a internet explorer icon will show up and the file starts to download i hit the icon after the file is done and then the internet explorer downloads pops up asking to open or save, i hit save and then it shows up in my downloads with the internet explorer icon. i drag that to my mods folder but the mod never works. 

Do not open the package files after they are downloaded like this.

Instead go to the download folder after file is finished and cut-paste or copy-paste the file to your mods folder from there withouth trying to open it.