Jump to content

SOLVED! Unable to fix giant graphics glitch with Army fatigues and longshoremen and (some minutemen )outfits since Sept last year!


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Almost from Day 1 I had this glitch.

A couple of game uninstall/reinstall did nothing to.

"The internet" told me it was my old graphics card.

 

This I have since replaced.

I apologize for doing this thread before ...

 

 

I do have a spare backup FO4, which may (or may not) predate this issue (i dont remember)

But I want to try to overwite the grphaics files for these outfits.

Anyone know where the clothes graphics reside in the hardrive so I can try to copy/overwite from my backup FO4 copy?

 

20230603120339_1.jpg

20230307225319_1.jpg

20230307225320_1.jpg

20230326215452_1.jpg

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted

You have to have files from a mod installed for that to happen.

 

Uh 

 

C:\Steam\..................\Fallout 4\Data\meshes <---meshes folder is where they are,

 

However there are specifics 

It might be in the subfolder clothes or armor, not really sure off the top of my head which.

 

If your going to do an actual uninstall of the game it is best practice to go to the actual game folder of Fallout 4 in windows explorer and delete it that way rather than use STEAM, since this is the only way to forcefully remove mods from the games data folders.

Last time you deleted the game and then came back well you did it through steam and its careful to not delete files that do not belong to the game to a degree.  That ends up with a lot of people having issues when they come back saying even but I deleted Vortex too.

 

Only way to have clean game folders or at least close to it is with Mod Organizer and I know this for certain.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Gameplayer said:

You have to have files from a mod installed for that to happen.

 

Uh 

 

C:\Steam\..................\Fallout 4\Data\meshes <---meshes folder is where they are,

 

However there are specifics 

It might be in the subfolder clothes or armor, not really sure off the top of my head which.

 

If your going to do an actual uninstall of the game it is best practice to go to the actual game folder of Fallout 4 in windows explorer and delete it that way rather than use STEAM, since this is the only way to forcefully remove mods from the games data folders.

Last time you deleted the game and then came back well you did it through steam and its careful to not delete files that do not belong to the game to a degree.  That ends up with a lot of people having issues when they come back saying even but I deleted Vortex too.

 

Only way to have clean game folders or at least close to it is with Mod Organizer and I know this for certain.

Will that get rid of all my savegames too wont it?

 

(I am not as attached to them as most, becuse I love the journey more than anything, but some of those settlements were a LOT of work to get to where they are especially since I have no certainty it will fix this glitch.)

Posted

Transfer settlements can be used to back up settlements and reimport them into new saves. Though I would just install the latest version + skeleton of whatever male body mod you use on top your current installation.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, slight_of_mind said:

Transfer settlements can be used to back up settlements and reimport them into new saves. Though I would just install the latest version + skeleton of whatever male body mod you use on top your current installation.

do you think its a male body mod causing it?

I dont think I have one.

I may have run bodytalk in the past but not now.

 

it does seem to affect only men...

 

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted
20 minutes ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

do you think its a male body mod causing it?

I dont think I have one.

I may have run bodytalk in the past but not now.

 

it does seem to affect only men...

 

 

Male Body clothing is conflicting with skeleton in the pic. Or at least those paticular clothes are.

Posted (edited)

@katrina.balanchuk That is a clothing mod glitch, which male body are you using? Body Talk 3 is the preferred and it works fine with the Zex skeleton BUT you have to build the body talk clothes in Body slide for them to work correctly or it can glitch out like you are showing. If you aren't using a male body replacer then the base game clothing will glitch out because it can't conform to the Zex skeleton. I'd suggest installing Body Talk 3 and building the clothes that it supplies, that should get rid of the problem.

Edited by Oldwolf58
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

@katrina.balanchuk That is a clothing mod glitch, which male body are you using? Body Talk 3 is the preferred and it works fine with the Zex skeleton BUT you have to build the body talk clothes in Body slide for them to work correctly or it can glitch out like you are showing. If you aren't using a male body replacer then the base game clothing will glitch out because it can't conform to the Zex skeleton. I'd suggest installing Body Talk 3 and building the clothes that it supplies, that should get rid of the problem.

Hmm..

 

So the Solution is to install body talk 3?

 

I also have a smilar but worse graphics glitch in about 20% of my presets on vanilla clothes (all these clothign glitches are vanilla clothes) a couple of them are even female.

In game this graphics glitch seems to affect only men, but when i switch their clothes from army fatigues or longshoremen to military fatigues or anything else, the glitch goes away.

 

In presets it also affects females and trying to click on the face when it is brought up from the menu will CTD the game.

 

This all predates my new hardware upgrades and is still unchanged .

 

 

20230630225001_1.jpg

20230630224323_1.jpg

20230630224746_1.jpg

20230525205551_1.jpg

20230525205351_1.jpg

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted (edited)

The original clothing glitch you are experiencing is due to using the version of BodyTalk from last summer, where both of those outfits were broken.  There were also major crashing issues with the June 2022 versions of Bodytalk.  Update to the latest Bodytalk and if you built the male clothing with a preset, batch build it again.  It should be fine after that.  The latest version of Bodytalk is now on the Nexus as well.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2023 at 8:59 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

The original clothing glitch you are experiencing is due to using the version of BodyTalk from last summer, where both of those outfits were broken.  There were also major crashing issues with the June 2022 versions of Bodytalk.  Update to the latest Bodytalk and if you built the male clothing with a preset, batch build it again.  It should be fine after that.  The latest version of Bodytalk is now on the Nexus as well.

Thank you.

I will do that

but I cant find body talk in my mods list though (for deletion)

What would be the file name?

I did not batch build any male bodies for clothing :)

 

I do recall that I was thinking about downloading it in the past, but forgotten about it, since and do not see it in my mods list

Also I checked my downloads history on nexus and did not find it as a download.?

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted

even if it may sound bitter - but the installation seems to be rather "muddled".


at this state only the "atomic option" helps ... so uninstall ... delete EVERYTHING ... and start completely new

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Thank you.

I will do that

but I cant find body talk in my mods list though (for deletion)

What would be the file name?

I did not batch build any male bodies for clothing :)

 

I do recall that I was thinking about downloading it in the past, but forgotten about it, since and do not see it in my mods list

Also I checked my downloads history on nexus and did not find it as a download.?

 

The BodyTalk mod only recently (within the past few days in fact) showed back up on the Nexus after a long haitus, so it wouldn't be in your nexus history.  Look in your download folder / mod manager for mod names starting with 'TBOS' and has June or July in the title.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

 

The BodyTalk mod only recently (within the past few days in fact) showed back up on the Nexus after a long haitus, so it wouldn't be in your nexus history.  Look in your download folder / mod manager for mod names starting with 'TBOS' and has June or July in the title.

Yes!

tbos is there!

Now I will just delete and see if it fixes the problem that has plagued me for so long :)

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted (edited)

It worked!

Your my hero!! :)

 

Thank you so much its been plaguing me from the very beginning.

 

So what does bodytalk even really  do?

 

I am not sure why I downloaded it to begin with.

Will not having it affect my AAF stuff?

 

:)

 

EDIT: I tested AAF and I see what no bodytalk does.

So I will install a new version

Edited by katrina.balanchuk
Posted
Vor 2 Stunden sagte katrina.balanchuk:

Es funktionierte!

Du bist mein Held!! :)

 

Vielen Dank, es hat mich von Anfang an geplagt.

 

Was macht Bodytalk überhaupt?

 

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, warum ich es überhaupt heruntergeladen habe.

Hat es Auswirkungen auf meine AAF-Sachen, wenn ich es nicht habe?

 

:)

 

EDIT: Ich habe AAF getestet und sehe, was kein Bodytalk bewirkt.

Daher werde ich eine neue Version installieren

 

The mod gives the male body its structure ... the skeleton


Sex with men? Without Bodytalk or another comparable mod -> no chance - because no penis

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I want to again say my thanks to all those who have tirelessly tried to help.

Of course Sgt Marge especially, since they where the one among months of help posts on internet that recognized the hard cause (bad/old version of bodytalk)

Edited by katrina.balanchuk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...