Female sims wear underwear in CAS (which is fine!), but male sims show up as nude?

Hello all! Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I've been having this issue for a while now, where when I remove the top or bottom from a female sim, she strips down to just her underwear as normal. However, for male sims, every time I remove the bottoms, the sim appears nude. Does anybody know for a fix for this? I know of the optional file that makes the sims wear underwear in CAS (which I've been using), and I've even downloaded an updated version from a thread I had found on here.

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, otterguy1994 said:

Hello all! Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I've been having this issue for a while now, where when I remove the top or bottom from a female sim, she strips down to just her underwear as normal. However, for male sims, every time I remove the bottoms, the sim appears nude. Does anybody know for a fix for this? I know of the optional file that makes the sims wear underwear in CAS (which I've been using), and I've even downloaded an updated version from a thread I had found on here.

Thank you in advance!

From the sounds of it you have a Male Bottom default replacer. My suggestion would be to take a male sim, strip him down as far as you can with no CC <aside from the default bottom> and save him. Then use a program called Sims 4 Tray importer, to examine what CC is attached to that sim. You should be able to find, and remove the Default Replacer that is causing your issue.

The most common culprit for this (for me) is Grimcookies underwear. 

It is a "default replacement," bottom (meaning it makes the sim look that way in CAS, and everywhere else) 

Sounds like the game is using WickedWhims defaults for the men (hence being naked) and you have default panties for the women.

As Justin said - this is easy to fix.

Download https://luniversims.fr/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/ - Take a female sim and make her completely naked, and then save her to your gallery and open her in the tray importer and you'll see all the CC currently effecting her.

Will be pretty clear where the panties are coming from and just delete them.

The underwear will likely be in the over-rides section at the bottom. Your screen should NOT look this messy as my mod folder is currently an insane nightmare I do not want to talk about and am fixing... lol...

As you can see, the tray importer will show you all of the terrible decisions you made downloading a ton of content! 

image.thumb.jpeg.fbbf30890c9fb596fcf77d95ccd169ff.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 7/4/2023 at 11:58 AM, thellama99 said:

The most common culprit for this (for me) is Grimcookies underwear. 

It is a "default replacement," bottom (meaning it makes the sim look that way in CAS, and everywhere else) 

Sounds like the game is using WickedWhims defaults for the men (hence being naked) and you have default panties for the women.

As Justin said - this is easy to fix.

Download https://luniversims.fr/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/ - Take a female sim and make her completely naked, and then save her to your gallery and open her in the tray importer and you'll see all the CC currently effecting her.

Will be pretty clear where the panties are coming from and just delete them.

The underwear will likely be in the over-rides section at the bottom. Your screen should NOT look this messy as my mod folder is currently an insane nightmare I do not want to talk about and am fixing... lol...

As you can see, the tray importer will show you all of the terrible decisions you made downloading a ton of content! 

image.thumb.jpeg.fbbf30890c9fb596fcf77d95ccd169ff.jpeg

im having this issue right now but when i find the underwear and delete it it replaces it with another set any idea? male sims are nude when i strip them down which is what i want but the females wear on set of underwear that a lot of sims seem to be walking around in the neighbourhood, several sims wear the same underwear outfit that they strip down to in CAS, any help here would be appreciated