Is alternate life mod good?

I have tries several starts: Outlaw, abandoned to death, innkeeper, start in the companions, I want to go out from this jail and a couple more.

Everyone of them works fine. But if you choose helgen start from it, I think it gets bugged. Once you get your convenient start, just go to helgen to start the main quest+

If you're asking about LAL than it should be a staple in any load order of anyone that is serious about moding. Not only does it let you skip the starting sequence and choose one of many alternative scenerios (and there are patches and expansions that add even more), but by loading you into relatively empty cell st the very start, before the game proper begins, you have all the time you need to set up your mods, modify your character and do whatever it is you want to do with MCM options, without the fear of something going bonkers because of scripts going haywire.

This is a robust mod and contrary to most of Skyrim, "it just works (tm)".

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2023 at 3:49 PM, green0460 said:

I'm new to skyrim and modding. I hate that helgen sequence. Is alternate life mod good? How buggy is it? I also found another mod that's adds to alternate life mod.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life is a good mod. It allows skipping the Helgen scene and is also a framework for alternate starts/stories in Skyrim.
I have used the mod for many years.

Have? Yes, I've been using Skyrim Unbound for a long time.
Skyrim Unbound is also made to skip the Helgen scene, but allows for many more settings. If you want, you can bypass the whole main quest entirely or define yourself when the quest should start and much more. And - most importantly - Skyrim Unbound is bug free and is very stable.
Skyrim Unbound works with all conceivable mods - including Helgen Reborn etc.