Character sink into ground in sexlab animation

1 hour ago, traison said:

A screenshot might help here.

sure, these are 2 I managed to find in my screenshots, they are actually not as obvious than most cases but you can see how the character sink into the floor, sometime the animation has the character lying down and literally the entire person would be burried in dirt 

20230524005217_1.jpg

20230523214730_1.jpg

Edited by maxqazwsxedc
22 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

That's what the hotkeys to adjust position are for.

As long as its not every animation, from multiple different packs. Also, since it appears to vary like the OP said (sometimes just feet, sometimes down to their waists) that sounds more like a collision issue than SL animation offsets.

At a guess, it comes down to mathematical precision, as one can evidence in proxy when opening any Racemenu jslot file and noticing that 30.0 ain't 30.0, it's 29.,9859382002843367399403287272839904040984840 or some equally exasperating n-digit decimal approximation. 

Eventually, the evolving errors due to these low res calculations in multiple branched function/subroutine operations, results in palpable differential errors the outputs of the different subordinates, ex: building say "ground is the floor", but SL or one of its code-lieutenants says "Yo, ground is actually 22 clicks below where those stupid building calculators says it is, F them!

Edited by anjenthedog
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

At a guess, it comes down to mathematical precision, as one can evidence in proxy when opening any Racemenu jslot file and noticing that 30.0 ain't 30.0, it's 29.,9859382002843367399403287272839904040984840 or some equally exasperating n-digit decimal approximation. 

Eventually, the evolving errors due to these low res calculations in multiple branched function/subroutine operations, results in palpable differential errors the outputs of the different subordinates, ex: building say "ground is the floor", but SL or one of its code-lieutenants says "Yo, ground is actually 22 clicks below where those stupid building calculators says it is, F them!

Wouldn't that mean we'd all be seeing these kinds of errors though? Floating point precision errors are part of the design in all consumer processors, and floor detection code is the same unless a game patch or mod changes it; and I have not seen such a mod.

2 hours ago, maxqazwsxedc said:

you can see how the character sink into the floor

By this do you actually mean they progressively sink, as in, they don't just teleport into the floor when the animation starts but rather sink over time until they reach some specific point and then stop there?

Edit: If sinking over time, then I'd like to see a list of all your mods that contain a dll file. Ie. all skse plugins.

Edited by traison
1 hour ago, traison said:

By this do you actually mean they progressively sink, as in, they don't just teleport into the floor when the animation starts but rather sink over time until they reach some specific point and then stop there?

No they don't progressively sink, the animation position me like this from the 1st stage to the last, I believe it has something to do with heels, as this is how my character looks in every scene with heels on now, I probably shouldn't use the word "most" because chances are I simply didn't have heels on for the times I didn't notice the sinking

I just tried to play some scenes and it would seem that both pc and npc are still sinking with heels on before animation start,

20230603223938_1.jpg

20230603224548_1.jpg

while the position is perfect with heels off

20230603224314_1.jpg

Edited by maxqazwsxedc

Only 2 things come to mind then:

1. SL MCM has a checkbox for this. Is it checked? Should it be checked?
  2. There's 2 different high-heel formats, one's provided by RaceMenu and the other by something else. May be worth looking into.
14 minutes ago, traison said:

SL MCM has a checkbox for this. Is it checked? Should it be checked?

You are absolutely right, in animation setting there's a toggle called clear highheels height, it's checked by default, I unchecked it and positions are finally right now

Weird that I'm using the same racemenu highheel fix mod and never had this issue in previous save with sexlab's default setting, well in any event, unchecking it fixed it for me, thanks for the help and patience 

Edited by maxqazwsxedc
  • 4 months later...
On 6/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, maxqazwsxedc said:

You are absolutely right, in animation setting there's a toggle called clear highheels height, it's checked by default, I unchecked it and positions are finally right now

Weird that I'm using the same racemenu highheel fix mod and never had this issue in previous save with sexlab's default setting, well in any event, unchecking it fixed it for me, thanks for the help and patience 

where is this option i can't find it