Mode settings continue to be initialized.

I am using MO2 (v2.4.4).

I tried to set the MCG mode using MCM in the in-game esc menu window, but all on/off items were set to Off.

Replace the desired item with On, and then press esc to close the setup window to return all items to OFF again. It also returns to 'none' no matter how many times you try to set up a hotkey. (For example, if I press 'none' to set the hotkey to B and press 'B', the hotkey setting changes to 'B' very briefly and then returns to 'none')

Other modes (such as Sit any where, RSEii) retain their settings. Only the settings in MCG mode will continue to be initialized.

Since this article was written using a translator, it may require the reader's fantastic interpretation skills. Thank you.

like this

and this

@크랭키 캣

크랭키 캣 :)

Oh, I missed how it was just MCG with settings not being saved.

To summarize:

1. I did not see any references to MCG in your settings\keybinds.json but there were other mods there.
  2. You did have the files I'd expect to see in MCM\Config\MagnoCumGaudio\ but it would be good to see the timestamps on them.

Can you reinstall MCG? That should recreate the config files in case something broke the format somehow. 

17 hours ago, Cranky Cat said:

크랭키 캣:)

아, 설정이 저장되지 않은 MCG만 있는 게 그리웠어요.

요약:

1. settings\keybinds.json에서 MCG에 대한 참조를 볼 수 없었지만 다른 모드가 있었습니다.
  2. MCM\Config\MagnoCumGaudio\에서 볼 수 있을 것으로 예상되는 파일이 있었지만 파일의 타임스탬프를 확인하는 것이 좋을 것입니다.

MCG를 다시 설치할 수 있습니까? 어떤 식으로든 형식이 깨진 경우를 대비하여 구성 파일을 다시 만들어야 합니다. 

I've tried reinstalling MCG as you said. The photos below are the result.

It seems that I didn't say that MCG only applies from the beginning. I'm sorry :)

5.JPG

6.JPG

Edited by sadfxczvew
3 hours ago, Cranky Cat said:

MCM\Config\MagnoCumGaudio 아래의 MO2 DATA 탭에 있는 날짜가 같은가요? 그것들은 확실히 MCG 설치의 기본 설정입니다. 

yes. I right-clicked 'Config.json' in the 'DATA' tab of 'MO2' and open a folder.

+ I just saw the list of leading modes, is it because I didn't install the DLC of the game?

Edited by sadfxczvew
1 hour ago, sadfxczvew said:

yes. I right-clicked 'Config.json' in the 'DATA' tab of 'MO2' and open a folder.

+ I just saw the list of leading modes, is it because I didn't install the DLC of the game?

The DATA tab in MO2 instead of the plugins tab shows what is actually going to be used which may potentially not be what is expected. Could you post a screenshot of this including the timestamp? Your mod names will be in Korean so you will need to tell me which mod name it has for the MagnoCumGaudio files and settings.ini.

I don't know what it could be unless you really can't write to keybinds.json. Maybe just see if you can use a text editor to put in a period somewhere and save it without an error and then change it back the way it was and save it again.

Did you try just changing one of the settings but not trying to change any hotkeys?

Spoiler

MCM-Keybinds2.jpg

Edited by Cranky Cat
3 hours ago, Cranky Cat said:

플러그인 탭 대신 MO2의 DATA 탭은 실제로 사용될 것을 보여주지만 잠재적으로 예상한 것과 다를 수 있습니다. 타임스탬프를 포함하여 이 스크린샷을 게시할 수 있습니까? 모드 이름은 한국어로 되어 있으므로 MagnoCumGaudio 파일 및 settings.ini에 대해 어떤 모드 이름이 있는지 알려주셔야 합니다.

실제로 keybinds.json에 쓸 수 없다면 그것이 무엇인지 모르겠습니다. 텍스트 편집기를 사용하여 어딘가에 마침표를 넣고 오류 없이 저장한 다음 원래대로 다시 변경하고 다시 저장할 수 있는지 확인하십시오.

설정 중 하나만 변경하려고 했으나 단축키는 변경하지 않으셨나요?

내용 숨기기

MCM-Keybinds2.jpg

here was no error in modifying the file without errors and saving it again.

All other modes store the changed settings, but only the MCG will initialize the shortcut, on/off, and numeric settings.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

4 hours ago, sadfxczvew said:

There was no error in modifying the file without errors and saving it again.

All other modes store the changed settings, but only the MCG will initialize the shortcut, on/off, and numeric settings.

Can you change a setting in MCM but not set a new hotkey and see if that setting stays?

Can you see what the encoding is for MCG keybinds.json and config.json? They should be UTF-8.

Do you have notepad++ text editor? Notepad++ makes it simpler to see but with original notepad you have to select "save as" to see if it says utf-8, No need to actually save the file again.

That's a longshot but I'm out of ideas. Usually Mod Configuration Menu Issues are because the files or F4SE are installed in the wrong place but the other mods still work other than MCG.

F4SE has scripts to install to the Fallout 4 Data folder. How did you install those? F4SE.pex is one of them and should be in the "scripts" folder.

Edited by Cranky Cat
8 hours ago, Cranky Cat said:

MCM에서 설정을 변경할 수 있지만 새 단축키를 설정하지 않고 해당 설정이 유지되는지 확인할 수 있습니까?

MCG keybinds.json 및 config.json에 대한 인코딩이 무엇인지 알 수 있습니까? UTF-8이어야 합니다.

메모장++ 텍스트 편집기가 있습니까? Notepad++를 사용하면 더 쉽게 볼 수 있지만 원래 메모장에서는 "다른 이름으로 저장"을 선택하여 utf-8이라고 되어 있는지 확인해야 합니다. 실제로 파일을 다시 저장할 필요가 없습니다.

그것은 장황하지만 아이디어가 없습니다. 일반적으로 모드 구성 메뉴 문제는 파일이나 F4SE가 잘못된 위치에 설치되어 있지만 MCG 이외의 다른 모드는 여전히 작동하기 때문입니다.

F4SE에는 Fallout 4 Data 폴더에 설치하는 스크립트가 있습니다. 그것들을 어떻게 설치했습니까? F4SE.pex는 그 중 하나이며 "scripts" 폴더에 있어야 합니다.

I installed the folder downloaded from the F4SE site according to the installation method. (I did not install it with MO2, but put it in the folder directly.) Can you change a setting in MCM but not set a new hotkey and see if that setting stays? <<<< I don't know how to do it. If you want to edit the hotkey setting file in the MCM folder, I don't know where or how to edit it ^^;

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Config.json

48 minutes ago, Cranky Cat said:

게임에서 구성 메뉴로 이동하여 MCG 설정을 변경할 수 있지만 새 단축키를 설정하고 저장하지는 않습니까?

It's possible to change your hotkey, but after the change (if you changed it to B) it becomes B and then immediately goes back to none.

1 hour ago, sadfxczvew said:

It's possible to change your hotkey, but after the change (if you changed it to B) it becomes B and then immediately goes back to none.

Can you change a setting which is not a hotkey? Something else like changing an on to an off or the other way? No hotkey, just something else for MCG.

Edited by Cranky Cat
37 minutes ago, Cranky Cat said:

단축키가 아닌 설정을 변경할 수 있습니까? 켜짐을 꺼짐으로 변경하거나 다른 방식으로 변경하는 것과 같은 다른 것이 있습니까? 핫키가 없으며 MCG를 위한 다른 것입니다.

Even if I want to set it on/off as I said, if I turn off the mode setting window and turn it on, it returns to 'off'. Only MCG, of course. Other modes save changes normally.