How to use Baka factory mods?

I have installed BaboDialogue, Horrible Harassment and Approach Redux. These mods sound so fun in theory, but I just can't get them to trigger events. I did trigger HH once, managed to trigger random babo dialogue that leads to nowhere or crashes. Is there any guide on how to configure them properly?

Particularly for BaboDialogue, no events will happen unless you are wearing clothing with the erotic tags from one of the many Arousal mods.  Horrible Harassment and Approach can still have their random interactions if set up to do it regardless of your gear... but with BaboDialogue installed, it may override those requirements (don't know).

To get keywords, you need to use Xedit to add them to your equipment.  There are also some mods that will apply keywords for some armor mods (like TAWOBA, or the remodeled vanilla armor mod). 

8 hours ago, DzOnIxD said:

I have installed BaboDialogue, Horrible Harassment and Approach Redux. These mods sound so fun in theory, but I just can't get them to trigger events. I did trigger HH once, managed to trigger random babo dialogue that leads to nowhere or crashes. Is there any guide on how to configure them properly?

Fun In theory. Horrible in execution. Skyrim modding is like a hobby to me and using Baka's mods is like a hobby within a hobby. It doesn't help that his documentation is extremely bad and cryptic,. He also has mod updates hidden behind paywalls on Patreon and some of his mods are still only on Patreon, of which may not exist anymore because I believe his Patreon got nuked due to the whole bestiality content and their hard stance against promoting it.

Here is an example of close to all of his mods in an appropriate order. Not to mention I have a separate program called Synthesis to auto patch all of my armours to add keywords to them. 

image.png.e97a7006253ffb7e90a2c5ce532e87fe.png

Here is also a link to Synthesis Keyword patcher. 

Babo's mods in a vacuum work well I imagine. but when you add other variables into the equation it crumbles hard. 

image.png

I ditched all Baka mods because getting them running is too much hassle than it is worth. Also, inevitably any load order containing any Baka mod will lead to a bricked save sooner or later. The whole thing is just badly coded and will bloat beyond measure, Outlander.

27 minutes ago, belegost said:

I ditched all Baka mods because getting them running is too much hassle than it is worth. Also, inevitably any load order containing any Baka mod will lead to a bricked save sooner or later. The whole thing is just badly coded and will bloat beyond measure, Outlander.

Since we last talked, Baka claimed in his Discord server that he's grown tired of timing his mod updates with Patreon's monthly schedule, which is why he wants to shift toward making a totally different type of mod that's up his alley.

I'd say he's finally confessed that his mod bug fixes are incremental and padded out to maintain value in subscribing to his Patreon. Otherwise, in sum, he implies:

1. Mod updates don't fix bugs in batches since he can focus on a few bugs per patch (or none at all, only focusing on new features) to preserve possibility of future updates

2. Incremental releases mean that none of his regularly updated mods will ever be "whole" in the usual sense. As in full, tested-at-a-minimum releases, or updates released with substantial changes that develop over (rather than adding onto) existing features

The above mean you have to immediately write-off his ex-Patreon mods (Dialogue, Approach, HH) as unstable, only for test save files. Which also mean only his non-monthly mods, whether good or bad, can be judged as they are: Monster Pose Pack, Fill Her Up, Bikini Armor Quest, SL Defeat, Baka ABC etc.

Baka's a good modder and has contributed a lot to the modding community. It's a shame that his regularly-updated mods can be written off so easily.

Edited by Gyra

Just have to be careful, and save often.  I keep adding and yanking BaboDialog because it just feels like it adds so much when you have it running...until it wigs out and you have to load up some old save and hope for better next time, and no time bombs in the game itself downstream...

Thanks for all the help!

I wanted to run a playthrough where I would have regular vanilla gameplay sprinkled with a bit of fun. I tried SL Survival, but that mod changes gameplay drastically and gets tedious over time. Cursed loot makes the game way too punishing by random chance. SD+ brings gameplay to a halt. Slaverun makes doing city work a pain.

Are there any suggestions for what I'm looking for, if we take exceptions for Defeat (I run it always) and Baka mods?

On 5/15/2023 at 3:57 PM, Bigglsby said:

Particularly for BaboDialogue, no events will happen unless you are wearing clothing with the erotic tags from one of the many Arousal mods.  Horrible Harassment and Approach can still have their random interactions if set up to do it regardless of your gear... but with BaboDialogue installed, it may override those requirements (don't know).

To get keywords, you need to use Xedit to add them to your equipment.  There are also some mods that will apply keywords for some armor mods (like TAWOBA, or the remodeled vanilla armor mod). 

I was running it in one of my saves and it used SL aroused to define the outfits either by checking specific keywords - or setting the sliders - that doesn't seem to be in this Baka centric build that I made - though this is my first time modding Skyrim SE (Which, honestly was like walking into a brick wall at first). 

It definitely helped out in causing it to occur more often - SL approach I think I've seen it happen once and I accidentally ESC'ed out of it because I was in another conversation for a Mod quest at the time - but I didn't turn up the values at all. 

BaboDialogue is usually one I put into builds because some of the events and characters (I believe they came from that one) were pretty fun and or crazy. 

1 hour ago, Tildetyper said:

I was running it in one of my saves and it used SL aroused to define the outfits either by checking specific keywords - or setting the sliders - that doesn't seem to be in this Baka centric build that I made - though this is my first time modding Skyrim SE (Which, honestly was like walking into a brick wall at first). 

It definitely helped out in causing it to occur more often - SL approach I think I've seen it happen once and I accidentally ESC'ed out of it because I was in another conversation for a Mod quest at the time - but I didn't turn up the values at all. 

BaboDialogue is usually one I put into builds because some of the events and characters (I believe they came from that one) were pretty fun and or crazy. 

Some of the mods have references to "flag outfit as Skimpy/Revealing".  For some mods that is all that is necessary, like horrible harassment and comment mods.  But for BaboDialog events (specifically), it does require at least the erotic keyword from an Arousal mod before any of them will trigger.  The commentary aspect of the mod will still function, just not the events.

And I agree, the mod adds a lot of great material, which is why I compulsively keep adding it to my list - and removing in frustration when it keeps causing problems... very love/hate...

I'm not sure which mod is causing it, but it seems like every sex scene causes my character to travel a huge distance in one direction (A lot of times going out of bounds, or once super high into the air so when the scene was over I dropped to my death).

Because the partner apparently ends up over there and the player is sucked to their location.   It's real strange!

I wonder if Baka will let someone continue their specific mods to clean them up as the premise and work done already is pretty good - if they are thinking of moving on - I'm sure someone could take a good base like that and make them work (unless they are so broken to the extent that you might as well write it from scratch). 

Edited by Tildetyper
Spelling and additionals.
On 5/17/2023 at 11:26 PM, Tildetyper said:

I'm not sure which mod is causing it, but it seems like every sex scene causes my character to travel a huge distance in one direction (A lot of times going out of bounds, or once super high into the air so when the scene was over I dropped to my death).

Because the partner apparently ends up over there and the player is sucked to their location.   It's real strange!

I wonder if Baka will let someone continue their specific mods to clean them up as the premise and work done already is pretty good - if they are thinking of moving on - I'm sure someone could take a good base like that and make them work (unless they are so broken to the extent that you might as well write it from scratch). 

It's said teleporting to center of the map (near the giant's camp outside Whiterun) ) at beginning of sex animation is a bug of SexLab . 
You may try rebuilding in SexLab's MCM menu . But sometime it may crush during the rebuilding .

IMO, SLHH and Approach work fine , but the trigger chance is unpredictable . To maxima the chance , set NPC relationship high and NPC moral low .
Though there are many bugs in Babodialogue ,  the mod adds some "lite" humiliation / embarrassing / erotic quest to the game and didn't change the origin gamplay too much.
That's why I like Babo's mod. 
Just remeber save game before any encounter .

the loadorder of the baka mods can be a hughe probem, because it looks like loot doesn't always set them into the correct order

e.g I use SL Adventures and loot has placed one baka mod after it and that caused SL Adventure to not work correctly instead of playing a animation the attackers got pushed/thrown away to the ground.  after moving horrible harasment above SL Adventure both mods work fine again...

And I added SL Adventures,  and the Baka Mods on intent because both work with clothing keywords and it adds more realism when the people react on the armor or no armor my character is wearing :)

Edited by Chlodwig
5 hours ago, AzureFlare said:

It's said teleporting to center of the map (near the giant's camp outside Whiterun) ) at beginning of sex animation is a bug of SexLab . 
You may try rebuilding in SexLab's MCM menu . But sometime it may crush during the rebuilding .

IMO, SLHH and Approach work fine , but the trigger chance is unpredictable . To maxima the chance , set NPC relationship high and NPC moral low .
Though there are many bugs in Babodialogue ,  the mod adds some "lite" humiliation / embarrassing / erotic quest to the game and didn't change the origin gamplay too much.
That's why I like Babo's mod. 
Just remeber save game before any encounter .

In the end, it was a user problem.   I was new to modding Skyrim SE - so if there was a choice between SE and AE versions I would always take the SE (Thinking, "This is the version I have, easy peasy, done as dinner") When in reality I should have just been taking the one with the highest version number that isn't GoG.   It took a good long time of everything being on fire always to realise this was the case.

Babodialogue is pretty fun, I like the NPC's that it creates though I was testing the being milk mod at the time and it had "Beast Sneak" in there so whenever perverts and things would show up they would crawl up to me which was SUPER UNNERVING. 

It might have been a combination of mods I had at the time, but an Argonian showed up once, after he'd got his fill he just followed me around until he was ready to do it again.  It was kinda surreal, though he was kind of useful in that he'd help with battles and such and since he was overlevelled he was pretty effective at it. 

Also the mad serial killer, I'd usually kill him - but my build that time was not suitable for taking down high level enemies - so I got to see what happens when you lose - and I don't think that scene was really completed?  As they put a master level lock on the door, no key on him. (It mentions you need to use one of your escape mods - but I wasn't sure what that was and had to do a lot of fiddling to even get out of the area I was stuck in initially).

All and all though, it definitely made you feel more jumpy about strangers on the road or individuals you'd never seen before hanging around - which is pretty effective and a really unique offering. 

On 5/17/2023 at 7:32 AM, DzOnIxD said:

I wanted to run a playthrough where I would have regular vanilla gameplay sprinkled with a bit of fun.

There is a different path you can take by combining mods for different playstyles.  Improve your followers and random NPCs.  Here are two examples I added to favorite follower thread:

Serana with "serana add on" and "Serana Spell Selector" is really good.  "Sexlab Lab - Sexual Fame Framework", SLSF Fame Comments, SLSF voice files also adds significant depth. Problem with the spell selector is that it carries her DLC looks, and you have to patch it with your replacer or reorder you're mods; I did it in the Bashed Patch.  With NFF, I got her destruction magic improved.  Really like the Serana comment "Can one of your orc friends handle both of us".

Mjoll the Lioness came alive with my current playthrough with "Sex Lab - Sexual Fame Framework", SLSF Fame Comments, SLSF voice files, SLEN and Sex Lab Arousal Based MatchMaker.  She is insatiable and funny.  As Mjoll says, "save some of that for me".

Edit: SLSF uses skimpy clothing keywords, and with aroused (choose your version) you can set revealing armor.

Edited by remodel
  • 1 month later...
On 5/16/2023 at 2:28 AM, Gyra said:

Since we last talked, Baka claimed in his Discord server that he's grown tired of timing his mod updates with Patreon's monthly schedule, which is why he wants to shift toward making a totally different type of mod that's up his alley.

I'd say he's finally confessed that his mod bug fixes are incremental and padded out to maintain value in subscribing to his Patreon. Otherwise, in sum, he implies:

1. Mod updates don't fix bugs in batches since he can focus on a few bugs per patch (or none at all, only focusing on new features) to preserve possibility of future updates

2. Incremental releases mean that none of his regularly updated mods will ever be "whole" in the usual sense. As in full, tested-at-a-minimum releases, or updates released with substantial changes that develop over (rather than adding onto) existing features

The above mean you have to immediately write-off his ex-Patreon mods (Dialogue, Approach, HH) as unstable, only for test save files. Which also mean only his non-monthly mods, whether good or bad, can be judged as they are: Monster Pose Pack, Fill Her Up, Bikini Armor Quest, SL Defeat, Baka ABC etc.

Baka's a good modder and has contributed a lot to the modding community. It's a shame that his regularly-updated mods can be written off so easily.

I sub to him for a while, but I feel like if he just made sure his mods worked... before adding new features that would be better. 

here is one thing that goes with his mods along with a mod that is not his, Cursed Deviant Loot, they all can be bloats. A few portions you like bloated with stuff you dunna want.
take it or leave them. Mind you I like babodialogue over CDL, but they both have their problems.

BaboDialogue and Horrible Harrassment can be made to work without the SexLab Aroused keywords in the MCM (SLHH Expansion -> Settings -> Check "No need to wear sexy clothes.")  However, especially for BaboDialogue, I have also found that you need his "SexLab Defeat Baka Edition" mod to make some of the scenarios work correctly.  Other defeat mods either cause you to outright die, or don't trigger certain things like getting kidnapped by the "serial killer" scenario.

Yeah, it's a bit of a chore to get it correctly working, but it can be fun.  I usually have a profile in MO just for his stuff, and don't use it with other playthroughs.  Using his stuff in conjunction with SL Survival/SlaveRun/MWA can make it almost impossible to progress without getting sexually waylaid every 5 feet :D

Edited by cetuximab

I don't want to play a lawyer here but most of the time I read people's comments saying '' the mod doesn't work '' it's because they didn't install it correctly and probably didn't put the keywords in their outfit, which are easy to put. Also, about baka mods corrupting the save, in my skyrim se experience the mod occurs normally (the current ones, in the past had some bugs that destroyed the save or updates that needed a new save like when he updated the follower mod which I don't remember the name now).
It gets frustrating, he posted a pdf explaining how install the mod, there was comment in he patreon about that his mod need be in the bottom of the load order to work 100%  and people just don't read it and try to install anyway and then they still want to complain when the mod has a bug or corrupts the save.

Just follow the instructions carefully for each mod you add and you should have it working well... enough.

The image below is what my load order looks like. I try to keep Baka's mods on last/bottom priority as much as I can.

Spoiler

1906925101_Screenshot2023-07-14220749.jpg.dfeaba2851c4062c87ce4200a58af56a.jpg

In my experience, even with all the workaround fixes I tried, I could never get some of Baka's mods to work right (like the waking up animation from Defeat Baka Edition). So many quests in BaboDialogue are also very fragile, bugged, or plainly don't work (such as the Devious Noble quest). It's frustrating having an interesting and immersive experience marred by a bug that can't be avoided.

@RoxDox and @Gyra have valid concerns over the future of Baka's mods. As much as Baka liked to add new features to his mods, there were many times those features weren't properly tested and only fixed in a version behind a paywall.

Only use Baka's mods if you plan on doing an erotic Skyrim playthrough while dealing with specific bugs in his mods.

SLHH seems to work best just as an animation/striping mechanic; run it with its build in trigger off and relies on Approach and Dialogue for actual triggering.

I find Approach and good portion of Dialogue to function well most of the time mechanical wise, but they somehow seems to be missing a certain charm that I feel like they should have, maybe some of the stats tracking and dialogues do not match. The keyword triggering condition is at its strangest when events can trigger only when proper keywords are present...which makes being naked to not trigger anything, while mechanically correct, seems a little strange.

Defeat and Dialogue interplay do be buggy at times, and as far as I know Baka Defeat is known to be buggy on its own which might be becoming a bigger issue as new defeat style mods and frameworks have appear.

I also just can not get bikini quest to start for whatever reason.