Questions about CC bundled with sims uploaded on LL

I would like to ask you for advice on uploading sims. I have made a lot of sims over my years of playing this game, but I'm hesitant to share them out of worry that CC creators might complain about  their content being bundled with the sim download.

And since it's too much of a hassle to figure out which CC belongs to which author, I simply am at a loss. Are there some hard and fast rules with regards to what kind of CC should never be  uploaded? Are simsresource files ok? Or should I not be too much worried about it and just upload the sims along with all the CC used for to make her/him, which is what I've noticed most people are doing?

Edited by teitogun
  • teitogun changed the title to Questions about CC bundled with sims uploaded on LL

I guess with CC that is free and possible for anyone to download you can include it with a Sim download.

But when CC is some exclusive patreon version or when creator said to not share their work (and instead link to their page etc.) then including CC might cause you trouble, if creators find out about it.

It all comes to TOU of each CC creator.

To my knowledge none of my sims use CC's from "closed" sources, like hidden patreon paywalls or such. AFAIK, almost all of them come free releases or simsresource.

However I have so much mods that I can't keep track where every single file from, and I certainly am not eager to check every one used in the making of a sim.

From what I have seen, almost nobody seems to mind this much when uploading their sims. Am I the only one?

Edited by teitogun