Question about saving sims?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have some sims that I want to keep and "replay", certain families I like more that I want to be able to play again in the future. But I'm wondering if I can save them in the library for that, or if I do that will they appear as townies when I play other families and age up on their own etc? Or will they be stored "outside" of the game?

Thanks

Library is basically a 'save' but for sims and builds. Unless you setup MCCC to populate game using sims from library then all the NPCs will be generated by game.

I never noticed my created sims to suddenly pop up in game (unless I placed them myself in one of houses or 'not in world' household).

I usually use Sims 4 Tray Importer (S4TI) to save my sims outside the game, same as families or homes, since the gallery doesn't save the CC used for them, so it's easier to save a copy to use on another save that goes directly to your OFFLINE library or on another computer.