25 minutes ago, scottbear said:

finally got my game going now I got a BE error, script_object

BE-ExceptionReport-20230331-121517.html 589.42 kB · 1 download

It is a mod that includes some sort of custom crafting interaction. The one i see in your mods list is Fur Trade Career, it might be that one, and also that mod is already causing other minor errors so it is clearly not working in game version 1.96. Try removing that one mod (both script and tuning files), clear the cache files, and try again. 

Keep in mind that you also have quite a few mods that are tagged by the author as "I have no idea if it works on 1.96 or not", for example most of kiara careers and traits, so you have to be careful about those too. It does not mean they are broken or anything, but there is no guarantee all of them are working as expected and they could cause issues. 

If you get more last exceptions after you remove that mod look for other mods that involve "crafting", and if you do cannot figure it out upload a new recent last exceptions and we can take a look. 

1 hour ago, scottbear said:

Update.  got it going,  but now I have another object

BE-ExceptionReport-20230401-161612.html 536.14 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, that one is nothing about crafting, but some of your mods that uses old or broken code and is no longer compatible with version 1.96 of the game. It could be many different mods. I have taken a look at your mods list and you have a lot of very old version of mods that are no longer working, most of them have updates to make them compatible with v 1.96 (for example kuttoe traits). Others needs to be updated too even when you already updated after the 14th mars (for example mccc). You have others that are super outdated, such as only sims mod, you have very old versions and there are newer ones (no guarantee they will work with v 1.96, but at least they are much more updated). Even andrew pose player got an updated in mars, first time in 5 years (this one has nothing to do with this particular bug but still it is good if you update it).  

In short, you are going to need to update a bunch of your mods and remove the ones that are not tagged as compatible with 1.96. If you don't i suspect we are going to be fixing one error at a time just to see that you get a new one ?

A good source too check for mod status and links to updates is scarlet list. She is taking a break right now, but the list is updated at 31st mars: The Mod List – Scarlet's Realm (scarletsrealm.com)