If it does work right now, can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

It is the most up to date Steam Version. I tried the Dll in the first post with both the original and lite versions of SoS.
The Dlls I tried were the 1.6.649, and both the 1.6.1170 and 1.6.1179.

None of them seem to fix the issue. Every time I launch the game it tells me the dll is incompatible with the current version.

2 hours ago, Anonmon said:

If it does work right now, can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

It is the most up to date Steam Version. I tried the Dll in the first post with both the original and lite versions of SoS.
The Dlls I tried were the 1.6.649, and both the 1.6.1170 and 1.6.1179.

None of them seem to fix the issue. Every time I launch the game it tells me the dll is incompatible with the current version.

This patch is working fine for me using steam 1170

1170 is the latest steam version.

Do not use GOG 1170. Nobody supports GOG 1170.

For GOG use either 659 or 1179 ( 1179 is new and not everone supports it )

If you are using steam 1170 Im guessing that the dll from this patch isnt overwriting the dll from the original mod.

Are you using Vortex or MO2?

In vortex when you add this mod it should complain about a file conflict.  Make sure you tell vortex to install this mod AFTER SoS.

In MO2 after you install this mod SOS should turn green when this mod is selected in the list indicating that this mod is overwriibg it.

If you arnt seeing this then you need to change the load order

As a last resort you could try extracting the DLL from the zip and manually dropping it into the plugins directory ( overwring the old dll ).

Edited by Plumppy
1 hour ago, Plumppy said:

This patch is working fine for me using steam 1170

1170 is the latest steam version.

Do not use GOG 1170. Nobody supports GOG 1170.

If you are using steam 1170 Im guessing that the dll from this patch isnt overwriting the dll from the original mod.

Are you using Vortex or MO2?

In vortex when you add this mod it should complain about a file conflict.  Make sure you tell vortex to install this mod AFTER SoS.

In MO2 after you install this mod SOS should turn green when this mod is selected in the list indicating that this mod is overwriibg it.

If you arnt seeing this then you need to change the load order

As a last resort you could try extracting the DLL from the zip and manually dropping it into the plugins directory ( overwring the old dll ).

Alright, that did the trick. This is steam with vortex.

I did use 1.6.1170 before, however I directly replaced the SoS dll with it. This time I just had it overwrite in the mod manager.
I'm not sure if that was the exact issue or if I just didn't deploy it correctly last time, but it seems to be working now.

Thank you.

On 3/12/2024 at 10:46 AM, hiredranger said:

Does anyone know if there is an SOS version that works with current game version (Steam) 1.6.1170?  I can't seem to find one anywhere. 

Any support greatly appreciated folks.

It has been working completely fine with me on ver 1.6.1170. The thing I did was install the original sos full file then the updated dll file and before dropping it in my mod manager (vortex) I replaced the old dll with the updated dll version and it works completely fine. I do use HIMBO full along with sos. I'm not sure what anyone else is doing for it to not work.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:37 PM, Plumppy said:

Tried the dll for the GOG version 1179, but skse still reports "not compatible". Is anyone else having this issue?

On 3/18/2024 at 9:17 AM, AWHA2 said:

Tried the dll for the GOG version 1179, but skse still reports "not compatible". Is anyone else having this issue?

i also have the same problem and my Skyrim Version is the 1179 GOG Version.

I'd really appreciate a direct link to any SOS solution compatible with Vortex for 1.6.1170.0. There seems to be dozens of separate links for all sorts of different options without much explanation or confirmation of compatibility.

1 hour ago, Ferranteth said:

I'd really appreciate a direct link to any SOS solution compatible with Vortex for 1.6.1170.0. There seems to be dozens of separate links for all sorts of different options without much explanation or confirmation of compatibility.

just read the name of the file then download the version you need and repalce the dll with that one that is all that you need to do....

I got lucky and the problem got resolved.  A mod collection I like on Nexusmods had the latest skyrim included as well as a DLL which made SOS work fine with 6.1.1170

It is a good base collection collection for new installs.  It is called simplifiedadult and it was extremely useful to me. Maybe others mind find it so too.  https://next.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/collections/ohae0z/revisions/27

I am still not sure why I couldnt get it working. I think I missed the additional DLL originally.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:02 PM, furfan111 said:

Has anyone has a fix for the 1.6.1179 version? is the GOG one, i have the same problem as AWHA2 is having.

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-22 140123.png

Same here, the gog 1.6.1179 dll doesn't work. (skse and address library are up to date).

Could it be corrected please?

On 3/21/2024 at 12:06 AM, sidfu1 said:

just read the name of the file then download the version you need and repalce the dll with that one that is all that you need to do....

Sorry about being a big dummy. Replacing the DLL with the folder provided in the file at least got my game to launch! That's a big step in the right direction! I have other damage control to manage but at least I can troubleshoot it now!

Posted (edited)

I don't have the GOG version, so the 1179 was released with limited testing by other users, and I found recently it really didn't work. Today I was able to test it myself and fix, so I uploaded a new build for 1179: "SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1179-20240326.zip".

Edited by shefcks
20 hours ago, shefcks said:

I don't have the GOG version, so the 1179 was released with limited testing by other users, and I found recently it really didn't work. Today I was able to test it myself and fix, so I uploaded a new build for 1179: "SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1179-20240326.zip".

Thanks.

The new 1.6.1179 dll loaded correctly on my pc.

Edit: confirmed working in game.

Edited by Shonen17000

got the 16-1170 DLL and it works like a charm. Loaded in MO2 the base SOS mod, then this .dll, and finally installed XPMSE and it works just fine. Thanks a lot i just got back into skyrim since 2021 when i was still playing oldrim lol

On 3/28/2023 at 12:03 AM, shefcks said:

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1179-20240326.7zSchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1179-20240326.7zHere is the updated SOS to run with AE, binaries was built for 1.5.97, 1.6.353, 1.6.629, 1.6.640 and 1.6.659-gog. The main benefit is the fix for CTD when load order changes, a bug present since original SOS for SE. I'm including the files for users to download and overwrite the original SOS dll, just download the right file for your version and install using mod manager.

There are no changes in code except related to SKSE plugin data, and some "includes" fixed. No antivirus false positives (except for one, that is the same for the original SOS SE), tested on virustotal.com.

The structure of the project changed, it's a bit easier to build without copy parts of skse, or without change the source code to build for a different version of skse.

Users with the version from chuckseven1 will have to do a clean save, this version uses the original SOS SE 1.1.4 source code.

I don't have time to maintain, so a developer with skills to build a c++ program is needed here.

All the credits goes to the original SOS developers.

REQUIRES THE ORIGINAL MOD:

Below the instructions FOR DEVELOPERS to build the dll:

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_353.7z 181.33 kB · 1,847 downloads SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_629.7z 181.32 kB · 731 downloads SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_640.7z 181.18 kB · 48,121 downloads SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_659gog.7z 180.95 kB · 1,996 downloads SchlongsOfSkyrim-1.1.5-AE-dllsource.zip 283.53 kB · 3,738 downloads

All the credits goes to the original authors.

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1.5.97.zip 224.97 kB · 2,187 downloads

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1130.zip 211.57 kB · 7,930 downloads

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1170.zip 211.57 kB · 25,291 downloads

SchlongsOfSkyrim_1_1_5-DLL-1_6_1179-20240326.zip 211.53 kB · 350 downloads

So do i run it alongside the original or just the new one