SSE Stability for Sex and Brothels?

I've been using Oldrim for a long time because of all the mods it has and because of comfort and familiarity. But I think I'm hitting my head on the performance ceiling. I can't have more than maybe 8-10 npcs in a cell without risking crashes. Especially if several couples are "doin' stuff." Could be strain from sexlab aroused, or scent of sex or some other thing, but it's getting hard to manage.

So I was wondering, is SSE more robust? Could I actually turn Bathing Beauty Luxury Suite into a functioning brothel without the game crashing or my pc lighting on fire? And if anyone has a link for better oldrim performance that would be appreciated too. It's not my hardware. Nothing spikes in task manager before crashing so it's probably allocated resources or engine limitations. I thought maybe SSE might be more optimized potentially with a higher resource ceiling.

Any advice is appreciated. ?