Hi all, so I was playing the game pre-update just fine, logged off for a few hours then when i went to go play again the same day I started getting error code 135:2cec3921:940317fd in ALL my saves, no matter which one I loaded, even new games have done it. Thought maybe my game was out of date so I updated, still nothing. Googled around, said error was most likely due to custom careers and traits, while I had no custom careers, I did have traits so i removed them all, deleted the cache, reloaded, and nothing. I can't seem to find anything else so I'm hoping someone may know of any additional culprits that could cause this specific error?

I thought it was an out of date mod but it was fine pre update and just seemed to randomly happen a day after playing. Game is literally unplayable rn.

4 hours ago, bearmang said:

Hi all, so I was playing the game pre-update just fine, logged off for a few hours then when i went to go play again the same day I started getting error code 135:2cec3921:940317fd in ALL my saves, no matter which one I loaded, even new games have done it. Thought maybe my game was out of date so I updated, still nothing. Googled around, said error was most likely due to custom careers and traits, while I had no custom careers, I did have traits so i removed them all, deleted the cache, reloaded, and nothing. I can't seem to find anything else so I'm hoping someone may know of any additional culprits that could cause this specific error?

I thought it was an out of date mod but it was fine pre update and just seemed to randomly happen a day after playing. Game is literally unplayable rn.

Custom careers are the most common cause reported, but it can be caused by anything outdated trying to tweak drama nodes schedule. If you download sims from here or other places you might have custom career files hidden in your mods folder (some creators include a lot of crap in their shared sims) so look for that. Also if you have big merged packages there could be tuning files causing trouble in those too. If you cannot identify the possible broken mods try first with an empty mods folder (NOTHING) and do a game repair and delete the cache again. If it works try the 50/50 method until you find the problem. If you cannot find it, and If you can provide us with a list of your mods we can take a look.

17 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Custom careers are the most common cause reported, but it can be caused by anything outdated trying to tweak drama nodes schedule. If you download sims from here or other places you might have custom career files hidden in your mods folder (some creators include a lot of crap in their shared sims) so look for that. Also if you have big merged packages there could be tuning files causing trouble in those too. If you cannot identify the possible broken mods try first with an empty mods folder (NOTHING) and do a game repair and delete the cache again. If it works try the 50/50 method until you find the problem. If you cannot find it, and If you can provide us with a list of your mods we can take a look.

Okay cool, I MAY have  some ideas then, I downloaded a new sim recently and then a few days later it started happening, possibly a coincidence but that's where I'm going to start. I don't know much about how mods actually interact with the game itself or what drama nodes are though, could sliders cause these issues? Have a few new ones I've never tried before.

Tried removing script files just to see if that was the issue, but nothing changed there. Will begin the 50/50 method if I can't narrow it down to the most recent sim file I downloaded, though.

OKAY so I fixed it and luckily did not have to 50/50 my ENTIRE folder as i have wayyy too many mods.

There was something in my mods folder called 'SimulationContentDeltaBuild0" I have no idea what that is or where it came from, but upon taking it out, the errors stopped and game runs fine.

If anyone is having the same error code and removing careers or traits doesn't fix it, look for this file and try that.

1 hour ago, bearmang said:

OKAY so I fixed it and luckily did not have to 50/50 my ENTIRE folder as i have wayyy too many mods.

There was something in my mods folder called 'SimulationContentDeltaBuild0" I have no idea what that is or where it came from, but upon taking it out, the errors stopped and game runs fine.

If anyone is having the same error code and removing careers or traits doesn't fix it, look for this file and try that.

SimulationContentDeltaBuild0 is one of the sims 4 base game core files, normally it should be inside your sims 4 installation folder. It contains A LOT of stuff, including sims data files for careers, aspirations, traits, zone modifiers and much much more that I cannot remember. I really do not know how that ended up inside your mods folder, unless you really messed up when installing your game, you downloaded a horrendously bad programed mod that for some reason included that (or a very bad packed sim), or if you are using a pirated copy of sims 4 and messed up when installing it. Always a good idea to take a look at what is inside things you download before adding it to your mods folder ?

But yes, that definitively would screw your game, since it would be working as a ton of  "custom" careers, aspirations, traits etc... installed in your mods folder, and of course something that would be constantly interfering with the drama nodes, specially since it is most likely extremely outdated. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos