Face Texture Problem

Aiko

Hey Guys,

i converted some Textures from UNP to CBBE.

Everything is fine exept Neck Seam (could be fixed with TexBlend i think) and some problems with the mouth.

I don't know whats wrong - does anybody have an idea what i need to do, to fix that?

warpaintmjle4.png

Well that will work, but you can use

8.8.8         RGB  24 bpp | unsigned

since it doesn't have an alpha.

Did you up-scale while you were making it? 

Can you see a difference in the raw .psd and the saved .dds?

Am I the only one who uses high def? :P

And I always use GIMP, I find it to be a much better quality and faster conversion.

Also for some reason I'm thinking the "smooth edges" option would be applied before doing the save to .dds, or am I thinking something different? Sorry been out of the loop for a little while. I didn't see Aiko mention the original was a .psd....

Am I the only one who uses high def? :P

And I always use GIMP, I find it to be a much better quality and faster conversion.

Also for some reason I'm thinking the "smooth edges" option would be applied before doing the save to .dds, or am I thinking something different? Sorry been out of the loop for a little while. I didn't see Aiko mention the original was a .psd....

I'm working with Photoshop so, yes it's a .psd :)

You should never up-scale, EVER!!! :angry:

High def??? do you mean high res?

And if you are working on it in PS then it is a "Photo Shop Document" .

Sorry.. it was for testing purpose and after that i completly forgot that i did upscale the texture.. :D

Whatever - i checked the "source" texture files i used (default CBBE Texture) and it seems it has the same problems.

So not my fault :D i think..  down scale the texture, fixed the lower lip but the upper lip is still messed up.

The textue seems larger than the mouth shape.

Doesn't lip colour get applied by a tint mask?

Maybe you have a low res tint mask? 

Well then we have a winner.. and a noob question.. how do i convert a Tintmask from UNP to CBBE? <.< (Yes i only converted the _msn and normal texture :rolleyes:)

Thank you. 

Solved the problem :)

Much to learn i have   (Yoda Style) 

Textures seems to be the easiest way to start as a modder.. :)

(My big dream is to create a Quest Mod) Maybe some day (at the release of TES VII or so :D) i will be able to do that. 

Get a copy of max or blender, get familiar with navigating the view port and the interface.

And look at a few tutorials on the basics of modelling and that's it. At lest it was for me. 

I use max over blender, you can get the student edition for free.

The only down side is you still have to texture what you make,

unless you leave it in max forever...

2rq2ml335ubat6y7g.jpg

The thought of unwrapping that and texturing it makes me want to cry. :(

But modelling it was a lot of fun.

When in max click 'help' at the top and you will see "how to movies" and "essential skill movies"

They will give you a good start on the basics.

Make sure you don't get above 2012, that's the highest version the nif exporter supports.

And box modelling is probably the first type of modelling you will want to learn.

Search youtube  and look at a few different videos.

But after you get use to max just mess around and play with stuff, you can always hit ctrl - Z (undo) if it goes wrong. 

I think this is the best "texturing" advice i have ever given.  :D

:wacko: I should of said the 2012 bit in the post before...

But i do have 2012 and 2013 installed as well as blender.

Here is a link to the nif tools, for importing and exporting.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3845

The most annoying thing to learn is exporting and fixing a nif so that it works in skyrim.

But after you get it right a few times you will be able to do it with your eyes closed. B)  

:wacko: I should of said the 2012 bit in the post before...

But i do have 2012 and 2013 installed as well as blender.

Here is a link to the nif tools, for importing and exporting.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3845

The most annoying thing to learn is exporting and fixing a nif so that it works in skyrim.

But after you get it right a few times you will be able to do it with your eyes closed. B)  

Don't worry - i have an fast internet connection. Downloading 3.2 GB takes about 5-10 minutes :)

I watched the "essential how to" Videos but atm it still feels like rocket science to me :D i'm a bit impatient.. i allways want to know everything 100% from the beginning an don't need to learn it over days, weeks, month or even years.. :/ 

Whatever - sadly there is no other way. So i need to motivate myself to suceeed.

Thank you anyways.. appreciate your help and spend time :)

If you have got the feel for navigating the view port and can move, rotate and zoom the camera like a boss,

you should look at some box modelling vids to get the gist of how its done.

Find a sword concept that you like/looks easy and practice by modelling it.  :lol:

If you have got the feel for navigating the view port and can move, rotate and zoom the camera like a boss,

you should look at some box modelling vids to get the gist of how its done.

Find a sword concept that you like/looks easy and practice by modelling it.  :lol:

Okay.

The Camera ist okay - only thing i didn't figure out yet is, how move i vertical and how do leave the "camera mode".

Archived