Anyone buying this new pack?

On 3/20/2023 at 12:56 PM, LittleRedSonja said:

Ok, i just discovered that you can build a treehouse and live there in the new pack... God dammit they are forcing me to buy it! 

No Sonja, take a deep breath and be strong....?

Hey...Just YET ANOTHER place where your sims can have sex ????

I'm betting the animators are SCRAMBLING to come up with sex animations involving the treehouse ??

Edited by PC Naughty Gamer

I haven't had any issues playing offline with the EA app, I can load the game offline just fine.

When I heard there was going to be an patch for a new pack, I made sure everything was updated before the "growing together" patch dropped, and also made sure auto updates where off in the app

I just disconnect from the internet, open the app, click the 3 little bars at the top left, choose go offline from the drop down menu, and then I can launch the game.

Biggest problems now are the random frame rate drops, seem more rampant after I was forced to switch to the app.(and without fail when I am trying to record an animation preview)

WW related, strip clubs seem to have a ghost that annoyingly likes to sing. Look all over and there's no one doing it but you can always hear it, and doesn't matter which club I go to, or even which save.

Also the females body hair, not something I want, or asked for. But sure enough you make a new female sim and they'll have back hair, stomach hair, maybe understand the arm and leg hair, but even after removing that in CAS, eventually the leg hair comes back, sometimes more.

Also I don't know how many rando female NPCs I've encountered, when the clothes come off, the hair comes out. I am fine with it being an option, but not happy about it being forced.

As for the pack, just realized I was responding to the derailment lol.

Def would be a "on sale" purchase, as all my sims4 purchases are, and only for the new town. Which yes they are always disappointing, but at this point that's the theme of Sims 4.

I don't see myself getting this pack any time soon, or any future packs, honestly. I've had a lot of fun in The Sims 4 over the years, but aside from university and fame everything else I'm interested in exploring have been done better by mods and I just keep buying packs to increase the number of lots I can have in my world while being consistently dissapointed by the quality of the actual mechanics.

I'll put my hopes into Life by you instead. It's not as visually appealing, atleast not at the moment, but maybe it'll have better gameplay. We'll see how it shapes up until release and during early access.

2 hours ago, Kashked said:

I don't see myself getting this pack any time soon, or any future packs, honestly. I've had a lot of fun in The Sims 4 over the years, but aside from university and fame everything else I'm interested in exploring have been done better by mods and I just keep buying packs to increase the number of lots I can have in my world while being consistently dissapointed by the quality of the actual mechanics.

I'll put my hopes into Life by you instead. It's not as visually appealing, atleast not at the moment, but maybe it'll have better gameplay. We'll see how it shapes up until release and during early access.

I have a lot of hope for the game "Life By You". I think it will be of Sims 3 quality .

rod Humble and LIFE BY YOU.png

Not much is shown off so far, but what they have shown off looks very promising, not least the modding possibilities:

Graphics seem a little rough, although I'll gladly take it if gameplay is good. I just need more details on the core gameplay loop and mechanics before I get my hopes up too much.