WickedWhims 174f exception

2 hours ago, baldroon said:

I have been getting this exception lately.  I just installed 174f and only have updated animations in my game. When I get this exception my sims vanish until I restart the game.  This exception doesn't happen all the time only with some animations.  Can anyone tell me what to do here?

WickedWhims_v174f_Exception.txt 28.62 kB · 0 downloads

That is because there are problems accessing and API, in this case most likely sims4community library, since that is not very compatible with wicked whims and mccc. Wicked perversions also cause problems with wicked whims. 

If you want to be sure remove wicked whims and mccc OR sims4community library, wicked perversions and any other mod depending on sims4community library, clear the cache files (avatarcache and localthumbcache) and test again. 

Most of the time you are going to have to choose between wicked whims + mccc or sims4community library and everything else depending on that (including wicked perversions). Otherwise, even when it can work, you are going to have errors, bugs and glitches.  

14 hours ago, baldroon said:

Thanks, I'll try it, although it seems some custom content requires the community library.

There is a lot of mods and custom content that relies on s4cl, but you will have to choose, or assume that your game will always be buggy.