Magazine and Comics Replacer

View File

Magazine and comics replacer.

Replaces all mags and comics, vanilla and Nuka/Far Harbor.

Two zips - you need both. High res is for the preview when picked up. Low res for when sitting on a desk or in a rack.

To install:

Drag and drop into your data folder. File path included.

Or....drop into your mod manager. 

Have fun and enjoy.

6 hours ago, KalBreen said:

Just wondering how this will work alongside other magazine cover replacers. Will there be conflicts? Thanks

Depends on what you mean by conflicts... ?

These are straight up loose files for two main reasons. One, the way FO4 is set up, loose files override archived files so no esp is needed so no count towards the max limit or possible coding conflicts.

Two, it makes it simple for users to customize. If you have a replacer for Tumblers Today that you prefer, all you need to do is not drag the Tumblers Today folders into your data folder location. If some of the covers aren't to your liking in different mag series, you can copy over those covers with ones you prefer. Mix and match all you want. If you have a mag replacer in archive form that you'd like to swap a couple covers from this collection, move those covers over with the file path folder structure and it will override just those covers from the mod archive.

33 minutes ago, Ophiucus68 said:

Depends on what you mean by conflicts... ?

These are straight up loose files for two main reasons. One, the way FO4 is set up, loose files override archived files so no esp is needed so no count towards the max limit or possible coding conflicts.

Two, it makes it simple for users to customize. If you have a replacer for Tumblers Today that you prefer, all you need to do is not drag the Tumblers Today folders into your data folder location. If some of the covers aren't to your liking in different mag series, you can copy over those covers with ones you prefer. Mix and match all you want. If you have a mag replacer in archive form that you'd like to swap a couple covers from this collection, move those covers over with the file path folder structure and it will override just those covers from the mod archive.

Thanks for the explanation. I really like the covers of this mod compared to others I've seen. Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that a hi-res version of Picket Fences #55 appears not to exist. Companion Ivy uses this magazine for her 'Nice Rack!' quest. I do have a low-res version, however (_ivy_PicketFences55_d.DDS), which appears to show a provocative image of a nude woman with her legs spread 180 degrees. I would love to see this picture in high resolution; any chance we could see an update for this issue? Thanks.

Edited by Dirk_Bogard
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2023 at 2:58 PM, Dirk_Bogard said:

I just noticed that a hi-res version of Picket Fences #55 appears not to exist. Companion Ivy uses this magazine for her 'Nice Rack!' quest. I do have a low-res version, however (_ivy_PicketFences55_d.DDS), which appears to show a provocative image of a nude woman with her legs spread 180 degrees. I would love to see this picture in high resolution; any chance we could see an update for this issue? Thanks.

The original file for that mag in the Companion Ivy file archive doesn't use a high res file so I didn't. I never made one, sorry.

• 3 months later...