LittleRedSonja Magic Kingdom (SFW) 2023-06-12 New Spell: Electrokinesis

Hi everybody! 

A very short post just to say that i am still around, but last weeks i did not have much free time and neither i had access to my computer, since i am on a clinical rotation in Stockholm and i only have a very old laptop with me. It was not planned but it is an amazing opportunity for me so i had to say yes. Between this and papers and exams not much time for sims 4 or answering in the forum, unfortunately, but i will get back to it soon.

On 5/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, zuzannao said:

I'm having tons of fun with your content and can't wait for more.

There is one perk in spellcaster talent tree that allows user to curse potions made by them. Do you think that perk could be utilized in your futre content, maybe with custom curses if possible?

And now I'm going back to play with your amazing mods, thank you!

I am very happy that you are enjoining it ?. Custom curses are very easy to make so i will look into it. I was working on new potions and a rework for herbalism before this "break" so i will look into that when i get back.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:48 AM, Juanxxo said:

Hi.

I am new in all this stuff of modding. How could I help you with an spanish translation for this mod?

Translations are always welcome! ? If you are new there are many resources to learn how to make translations, and people use different programs for that, but one of the most popular ones is sims 4 studio. You can for example check this short video by the always AMAZING Ravasheen. I would suggest that you start with something small, for example one of the spells. You can also ask for further advise and suggestion here in loverslab, or in sims 4 studio forum, or in discord (for example creator musings discord is a good one). When you have it done just let me know (you can pm me here, or in my tumblr or on discord, right now it will be easier for me to see a pm than a normal post in the forum).

10 hours ago, woop111 said:

how long do the clones stay around for? mine doesnt seem to ever despawn, whether its npc or played sims clones.

also, loving this mod, amazing.

I am happy that you like it ?. I will add more stuff, i already have a few things finished but did not have the chance to upload them, but i will be doing it when i come back home.

About duration, it should be 10-12 hours. If you add them to the household they become "normal" sims, and will not despawn. Otherwise they should be gone after 10-12 hours, unless there is something else making them stay for some reason.

There are quite a lot of players that want them to be permanent and have an option to "dismiss" them, i got many petitions for that in the tumblr and on discord, so it is something that i might add in a future update, but right now they are not permanent unless added to the household. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

I am happy that you like it ?. I will add more stuff, i already have a few things finished but did not have the chance to upload them, but i will be doing it when i come back home.

About duration, it should be 10-12 hours. If you add them to the household they become "normal" sims, and will not despawn. Otherwise they should be gone after 10-12 hours, unless there is something else making them stay for some reason.

There are quite a lot of players that want them to be permanent and have an option to "dismiss" them, i got many petitions for that in the tumblr and on discord, so it is something that i might add in a future update, but right now they are not permanent unless added to the household. 

ah okay! thank you! ^^ Perhaps in the future there could be one version for despawning clones and one that doesnt despawn clones. or maybe a sinlge version where you can choose between despawning or non-despawning clones when casting the spell ^^ Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Lady Sonja,

i have a question. The Magic Sims can reproduce self cooked Animal Food but the other Sims not. Is not funny to cook the same Meal 4 times. For Sims Meals is it posible to make more than one, they have not made this selection Field on the Stove for Animal Food, i dont know why... Is it possible to make a selection Field for the Animal Food too or is this too much Work ? My last programm knowings is from my Time with the Commodore C-64 when i was 40 Years younger... Goto and Gosub start a Programm with run. First the Dataset system than the Floppy than the 486 PC with DOS to wright comands like cls to clean the Site. oh the Old Times sssshhh. When i was young my Grandpa has spoken about the WW2 and i have now the same feeling to talk about the past. This was the Time when Bo Derek was young and some Boys have Posters from here an the Wall.... Sorry i waste your Time. I am sure i can not really help but if is anything i can do please tell it i will try. Best regards and a nice Weekend for you

6 hours ago, DaddyP1 said:

Hallo Lady Sonja,

i have a question. The Magic Sims can reproduce self cooked Animal Food but the other Sims not. Is not funny to cook the same Meal 4 times. For Sims Meals is it posible to make more than one, they have not made this selection Field on the Stove for Animal Food, i dont know why... Is it possible to make a selection Field for the Animal Food too or is this too much Work ? My last programm knowings is from my Time with the Commodore C-64 when i was 40 Years younger... Goto and Gosub start a Programm with run. First the Dataset system than the Floppy than the 486 PC with DOS to wright comands like cls to clean the Site. oh the Old Times sssshhh. When i was young my Grandpa has spoken about the WW2 and i have now the same feeling to talk about the past. This was the Time when Bo Derek was young and some Boys have Posters from here an the Wall.... Sorry i waste your Time. I am sure i can not really help but if is anything i can do please tell it i will try. Best regards and a nice Weekend for you

Hi!

When you say "animal food" do you mean the "animal treats" from "cottage living"? Or is it something else? If it is the animal traits you should already have the possibility to choose between different quantities when making it, like in the picture: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/cottageliving/craft-treats.jpg (sorry for the bad quality picture, but I do not have the game installed on this computer).

Or maybe you mean something completely different? (but I cannot figure out right now what else could it be, sorry). If you mean something different, then yes, it is possible to add a selector for quantities to almost anything in sims 4. 

As for programming what you need for the sims 4 is XML and python, but for adding quantity selector it would be enough with XML in most situations. There are a lot of resources to learn, but if you tell me exactly what you want to make I can also help you. 

You can craft pet food at the stove. Gourmet and "home cooking". I mean the stove in the kitchen where the Sims cook their own meals.
For Sims, there are options to make 1 meal, 4 meals, or 8. 

Unfortunately, this option is missing for the animal menu because you can only prepare one meal at a time. 
As a wizard you can reproduce these, but it would be easier if all Sims could just make several. I meant this :-)

Have a nice Day Lady Sonja

7 hours ago, DaddyP1 said:
You can craft pet food at the stove. Gourmet and "home cooking". I mean the stove in the kitchen where the Sims cook their own meals.
For Sims, there are options to make 1 meal, 4 meals, or 8. 

Unfortunately, this option is missing for the animal menu because you can only prepare one meal at a time. 
As a wizard you can reproduce these, but it would be easier if all Sims could just make several. I meant this :-)

Have a nice Day Lady Sonja

You could use this mod by Littlemssam, I think it will do what you want?: Small Pet Food Overhaul - The Sims 4 Mods - CurseForge

• 2 weeks later...

Mod Updates 31-05-2023

HOUSES OF WITCHCRAFT:

- Added Polish translation (Thank you Krzydkowy! ?)

LINK and EXTENDED DESCRIPTION HERE

IMPROVED OBSERVANT TRAIT:

- Added even more things Observant Sims can learn when interacting with other Sims.
- Fixed Sims without Observant trait sometimes learning too much about other Sims.

LINK and EXTENDED DESCRIPTION HERE

All MY MODS are also CLEAR for the Patch v1.98.127

Edited by LittleRedSonja
Fixed the link to the improved observant trait
  • 2 weeks later...

NEW SPELL

Thumbnail_Spell_Electrokinesis_600x.jpg.c768bbe42685d1e26e395d250478decb.jpg

Your witch want to live Off-the-grid but does not want to spam solar panels all over the place (because that is not very magical, isn't it)? Do you find "zip zap" spell disappointing when trying to fry your enemies? Look no further and learn Electrokinesis (level 1 Untamed magic) to unlock two powers:

- You can cast "Arcane Voltage" on your sim to generate power on any lot, allowing you to use TV, fridge, lamps and any other muggle device without problems even when off-the-grid. Higher level witches will generate more power. If your witch is charged or overcharged he/she will generate even more power every time they cast "Arcane Voltage". That means that a level 1 spellcaster with no charge or special traits will generate very little power, while a level 4 overcharged spellcaster will generate A LOT of power.

- You can also use Electrokinesis against your enemies. Cast "Witch Bolt" on another sim to fry it. Several Witch Bolts against the same sim in a short period of time might be lethal.

Spellcasters with "Draconis Lightning Ancestry" or equipping certain magical artifacts (both coming soon in the next update to "Houses of Witchcraft") will generate EVEN MORE power and become immune to Electrokinesis.

Unlike other spells, being charged or overcharged makes Electrokinesis easier to use and more effective.

What are you waiting for? Unleash the Power of Thunder and become a mighty Electromage today!

LINKS and EXTENDED DESCRIPTION HERE

It was Sweden National Day last week so I had some free time to work on my mods, so I am happy to add this new spell to the collection. I will probably be adding more Electrokinesis powers in the future, and I am open to suggestions if you want something in particular to be included.

LittleRedSonja Hello, first of all I want to say thank you for such a wonderful pack of mods.

I remember you once asking for ideas. I have one, but it's more of a request. TwelfthDoctor1 has the Sage of Mastery Magic + Mastery Spells + Ghost Butler + Alchemy mod. (https://modthesims.info/d/646200/sage-of-mastery-magic-mastery-spells-ghost-butler-alchemy.html)
Which he abandoned. In the comments, he writes that he is ready to transfer the mod to someone who is ready to take it, maybe it will be you? It just has cool features like Ghost Butler.

Thanks

On 6/12/2023 at 3:02 PM, CardinalBirb said:

omg love the idea of a witch being able to live off the grid with electrokinesis. literally, magic used for "mundane" stuff day to day is my drug. thank you so much! hopefully we can see more stuff like that.

Thank you! Yes I will keep adding more stuff whenever I find some time, and of course I think that using magic to avoid or improve mundane stuff would be one of the first things a spellcaster would be interested in ?

2 hours ago, urayxor said:

LittleRedSonja Hello, first of all I want to say thank you for such a wonderful pack of mods.

I remember you once asking for ideas. I have one, but it's more of a request. TwelfthDoctor1 has the Sage of Mastery Magic + Mastery Spells + Ghost Butler + Alchemy mod. (https://modthesims.info/d/646200/sage-of-mastery-magic-mastery-spells-ghost-butler-alchemy.html)
Which he abandoned. In the comments, he writes that he is ready to transfer the mod to someone who is ready to take it, maybe it will be you? It just has cool features like Ghost Butler.

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look into that ?.

Great I was really missing customs spells and more game depth for spellcasters

Got One questions "Each House has different strengths and weaknesses, different bonuses and modifiers."

Is there a way to see what typs of bonuses and modifers you get from each house?

22 hours ago, Chlodwig said:

Great I was really missing customs spells and more game depth for spellcasters

Got One questions "Each House has different strengths and weaknesses, different bonuses and modifiers."

Is there a way to see what typs of bonuses and modifers you get from each house?

Hi! The description of the houses in game should give you a hint about it, but here is a list: 

- When you join any of the houses the penalty from not being in a house is removed. In addition to that, here are the most important peculiarities for each house:

- Owlenmoon: Bonus to reading speed, logic, research and debate, writing, spellcaster experience. Easier to become focus. Owlenmoon familiars provide reduced charge build, increase xp gain ,give a custom focus mood (Focus Pocus!), and increase the previously mentioned bonuses. Penalties to fitness, charisma, comedy, mischief. They do not like or dislike spellcasters from other houses, they just do not care that much, generally. 

- Leetlefloof: Bonus to gardening, herbalism, charisma and writing. They also build friendship faster and have an easier time with friendly social interactions. Penalties to mischief, research and debate, logic. They become inspired or happy more often. Leetlefloof familiars provide an inspired mood (The smell of magic), reduce charge build, increase xp, and  increase the previously mentioned bonuses. They tend to like spellcasters from any house. 

- Ivybell: Bonus to reading speed, mischief, research and debate, herbalism, logic and experience gain. Penalties to charisma and comedy. They build friendships more slowly, and build charge slightly faster. They become playful or angry more often. They have an easier time with mischievous and "evil" interactions. Ivybell familiars provide a playful mood (Mayhem!), reduced charge build, increase xp gain, and increase the previously mentioned bonuses. They tend to dislike any other spellcaster other than Ivybell. 

- Alpaggard: Bonus to charisma, fitness, comedy. They build less charge. They build friendship faster and have an easier time with friendly interactions. They are also slightly better dueling other spellcasters. They become confident more often. Penalties to writing, logic, research and debate, mischief and herbalism. Alpaggard familiars provide a confident mood (Invincible?!), reduce charge, increase xp gain, and the previously mentioned bonuses. They tend to dislike Ivybell spellcasters. 

All the bonuses and penalties are compensated, bigger bonuses in some areas means bigger penalties in other, so no house is more powerful or better than the others. Instead, each house is stronger in certain things and weaker in other, so playing spellcasters in different houses should feel different. NPC spellcasters in different houses should also behave slightly different (to a certain degree, because NPC autonomy is not that great in sims 4, but I am working on making improvements to it), and the list of different behaviors and autonomy would be too long and pointless to list here, but think that it should try to fit the house description, motto, and values (again, inside the limitations of sims 4 autonomy which is not great), but this aspect is a "work in progress" ?.

Some of the new features in upcoming updates will also work different for different houses. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
  • 1 month later...
On 7/19/2023 at 1:26 PM, zuzannao said:

Hi again!

Are we up to date with the latest patch? If not, please take your time and thank you for your content.

Hi! Sorry for the lack of updates last few weeks, everything is a bit crazy right now and I am insanely busy, I am staying in Stockholm longer than I planned, I got into a research project on heart failure, a couple papers to write, vacations from uni luckily but many things to prepare for next semester, I will probably spend some time in Spain in august (I have family there) and what not, so not much time right now, not even to read the forum ?.

I hope I will have some time maybe this weekend to test the mods for the new patch. I do not think that there will be huge problems, but I need to check. If someone find issues feel free to report them, so far I have not seen any bug reports but it has been only a couple of days since the patch. 

I was also thinking on buying the new expansion (horses, maybe western stuff, It looks cool!) but I do not know if it is worth it or just a bunch of buggy stuff, but I have not had time to check it out, maybe this weekend ?.

Mod Status Patch 1.99.264

Elektrokinesis Spell:

• Added German (thank you Crashdown117 ?) and Polish translation (thank you Krzydkowy ?).

Kids bath in swimwear:

• Broken right now, it needs an update.

All my other mods are compatible and working for this latest patch.

Sorry for the delay, I am so busy lately that I have not much time to release my new mods or upgrade Houses of Witchcraft. I hope the situation will improve soon. Have fun and a nice summer! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Undresso doesn't work as intended; doesn't undress the Sim it was put on and only makes them embarrassed. "To join or leave a House talk with one of the Sages (a new menu with new interactions is included inside the "Magic" menu)". I do not see any new interactions under the Magic menu and I have the Spellbook Injector/the XML Injector. Unless I have to travel to the magic realm to see said menu.

8 hours ago, iAbigael123 said:

Undresso doesn't work as intended; doesn't undress the Sim it was put on and only makes them embarrassed. "To join or leave a House talk with one of the Sages (a new menu with new interactions is included inside the "Magic" menu)". I do not see any new interactions under the Magic menu and I have the Spellbook Injector/the XML Injector. Unless I have to travel to the magic realm to see said menu.

Just called one of the sages over to a residential lot and the "Houses of Witchcraft" sub-menu (containing the options to join a house or leave the current house) was there inside the "Magic" category. Maybe you need to travel to Magic HQ once to enable everything, but for me it's all there.

Undresso indeed doesn't seem to work as intended on teen Sims, making them embarrased only. Adult Sims will be undressed (and the nudist Sim I tried this with wasn't even embarrassed), so unless I'm missing some other detail, I'd say this is related to Sim age.

18 hours ago, iAbigael123 said:

Hi! Thank you for your comment!

You do not need to travel to magic realm to unlock the interaction, it should be there as soon as you introduce yourself to any of the sages. I just tested it, day one, on home lot, I teleported one of the sages, the interaction is there:

TS4_x642023-08-0215-38-55.png.ef9085b9c220b8cf45b2517d1074325d.png

One reason why it could not be there is if you do not have XML INJECTOR, or if it is not properly installed (spellbook injector is required for the spells, but Xml Injector is a requirement for some of the features included in "Houses of Witchcraft", as I explain in the mod description in the tumblr, sorry, I guess I could add that to the short description included here in loverslab, but you should read the extended description in the tumblr, it will help you learn bit more about the mod, and there is too much to write everything here:

LittleRedSonja (tumblr.com)

image.png.6b2e297e9d261816471607533d246ef3.png

Install XML Injector: Unzip the file, then simply put the ts4script file and the tuning file inside your mods folder, no subfolders, that is all.

About Undresso, Like Crashdown117 explains, it does not work with infants - teens, only young adult - elder. Why? Because I made it that way since I did not know if including teens would be ok or if it would be considered inappropriate. If lots of people want teens to be included I might consider changing it, it is a super easy edit, just one line of code, but so far nobody have asked in ten thousand people using the spell.  

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos

I do have the XML Injector and the Spellbook Injector. I also tested Undresso on my YA Sim, and it works as intended, even though she's vampire/witch hybrid due to Zero's Vampire Witches mod, so at least you now know there's compatibility between your mod and Zero's mods.

I, however, didn't spawn in any Sages, so that could be why the menu didn't pop up under the Magic interaction; I'll test it in a bit and get back to you.

Edited by iAbigael123
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 8:18 AM, LittleRedSonja said:

Hi! Thank you for your comment!

You do not need to travel to magic realm to unlock the interaction, it should be there as soon as you introduce yourself to any of the sages. I just tested it, day one, on home lot, I teleported one of the sages, the interaction is there:

TS4_x642023-08-0215-38-55.png.ef9085b9c220b8cf45b2517d1074325d.png

One reason why it could not be there is if you do not have XML INJECTOR, or if it is not properly installed (spellbook injector is required for the spells, but Xml Injector is a requirement for some of the features included in "Houses of Witchcraft", as I explain in the mod description in the tumblr, sorry, I guess I could add that to the short description included here in loverslab, but you should read the extended description in the tumblr, it will help you learn bit more about the mod, and there is too much to write everything here:

LittleRedSonja (tumblr.com)

image.png.6b2e297e9d261816471607533d246ef3.png

Install XML Injector: Unzip the file, then simply put the ts4script file and the tuning file inside your mods folder, no subfolders, that is all.

About Undresso, Like Crashdown117 explains, it does not work with infants - teens, only young adult - elder. Why? Because I made it that way since I did not know if including teens would be ok or if it would be considered inappropriate. If lots of people want teens to be included I might consider changing it, it is a super easy edit, just one line of code, but so far nobody have asked in ten thousand people using the spell.  

Can you add teens to be affect by the spell? I don't think it be considered inappropriate, teens have a lot actions equal to young adult - elder, especially if you have wiked whims installed.

Edited by DarkDrago