Hey guys!!

So, recently I updated my sims 4 to the latest version, I downloaded all the latest versions of mods that I need, and I downloaded also the Devious Desires mod, alongside the Deviant Core etc, when I played the game and wanted to play my household, the game stucked on endless loading loop, when I deleted the mod, game was working fine, I tried to change wickedwhims and mcc mods and put devious desires, but the result was the same.

So, my question is, what can cause such endless loading?

2 hours ago, apetor97 said:

Hey guys!!

So, recently I updated my sims 4 to the latest version, I downloaded all the latest versions of mods that I need, and I downloaded also the Devious Desires mod, alongside the Deviant Core etc, when I played the game and wanted to play my household, the game stucked on endless loading loop, when I deleted the mod, game was working fine, I tried to change wickedwhims and mcc mods and put devious desires, but the result was the same.

So, my question is, what can cause such endless loading?

Devious desires and some of its required mods (such as sims4community library) is not compatible with wicked whims and mc commander. You will have to choose Devious desires an related mods,  or wicked whims and mc commander, but not both. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos
1 hour ago, LittleRedSonja said:

Devious desires and some of its required mods (such as sims4community library) is not compatible with wicked whims and mc commander. You will have to choose Devious desires an related mods,  or wicked whims and mc commander, but not both. 

I tried both ways, deleted wickedwhims and mc commander, and put devious desires to mods folder, I played the game and there was still a endless loading loop. Everything works fine, when I delete Devious Desire, but when I try to play a game with it (without wicked whims and mc commander) game just keeps loading and loading.

1 hour ago, apetor97 said:

I tried both ways, deleted wickedwhims and mc commander, and put devious desires to mods folder, I played the game and there was still a endless loading loop. Everything works fine, when I delete Devious Desire, but when I try to play a game with it (without wicked whims and mc commander) game just keeps loading and loading.

That sounds like an issue to bring up with Cl Nutty on his forum then

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:35 AM, apetor97 said:

There's a mod that's conflict.  I would do the whole 50/50 crap with those script mods that you have.  I had a few issues myself that I pulled a ton of mods out as I converted to DD - got tired of the constant headaches coming from WW.

On 2/26/2023 at 12:35 PM, apetor97 said:

Go to the thread in NSFWMods, he may be able to help you there.

DD and WW has a known conflict. Turbo added a snippet that bugs all mods that use S4CL. Deaderpool did the same with MCCC. I'd advise you to drop MCCC and WW, and put S4CM in MCCC's place.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dofusien said:

I got the exact same problem any end to all this ??

You might have a lastexception.txt file which shows a conflict. For sure there is a mod which causes issues.

1. Update your game (or use older DD, DC and S4CL versions which were built for the used game version - e.g. no Infant or Werewolf support).
  2. Rename 'Mods' to 'Mods_old' and create a new 'Mods' folder.
  3. Put in there the current DD, S4CL, etc.
  4. Play the game.
  5. Move a few files from 'Mods_old' to 'Mods' and you'll see whether there are issues. Check lastexception.txt
  6. Repeat the step above.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey! I'm planning on getting Devious Desires, but I have a few questions first. Can I still use MCCC while having DD and can animations that were made for WW be used? I don't have DD yet, and haven't seen the gameplay, but I wanna ask everything I can think of first

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, enchaa said:

Hey! I'm planning on getting Devious Desires, but I have a few questions first. Can I still use MCCC while having DD and can animations that were made for WW be used? I don't have DD yet, and haven't seen the gameplay, but I wanna ask everything I can think of first

WW and MCCC have created bugs in thier mods to specifically target the DD mod so id say use DD specific mods for now until youve tried, tested and are happy with the combinations

On 12/8/2023 at 10:44 PM, enchaa said:

can animations that were made for WW be used?

Yes you can.
Actually you can even use Andrews Poseplayer to run them as long as you take the burden to create a snippet for then (some animations include it already) and to select the sims manually.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 1:21 AM, Apex-_Lupus said:

After instaling Devious Desires, i can no longer order food at stalls, use the woodworking table, and cant even use the travel function on the phone. why is it braking everything?

You should get lastException.txt files or see exceptions in mod_logs/DD_Exceptions.txt. Very likely you are using a mod which is replacing TS4 code with copied, then patched and now outdated TS4 code. Such mods can break the game and/or other mods. Locate this mod and delete it.

• 1 month later...

DeviousDesires v5.17 dont work with wickedwhims at all. did remove all mods still error then i removede wickedwhims script and it work fine witout. so now iff you use wickedwhims you cant use DeviousDesires. 

Edited by chreen