Game crashing after installing new WW update

Since I’ve added the new update to my game it crashes as soon as I click on a character. I’ve removed all previous/other mods in order to see if it might be an incompatibility issue, but still the same happens. After removing the WW mods, the game works perfectly. Any ideas or fixes? 

9 hours ago, cptjack18 said:

Since I’ve added the new update to my game it crashes as soon as I click on a character. I’ve removed all previous/other mods in order to see if it might be an incompatibility issue, but still the same happens. After removing the WW mods, the game works perfectly. Any ideas or fixes? 

Yes, a few possible explanations: 

1- You have not removed all the other incompatible mods or have not cleared the cache after you did: Rename your mods folder, create a new mods folder, put in there ONLY wicked whims (both tuning and script file) and if you want mc commander or better exceptions, those are ok. Delete the cache files (avatarcache and localthumbcache). Try again. 

2-You are trying to use the latest version of wicked whims with an older version of sims 4: Update the game.

3- You have corrupted game files. Do a game repair, delete the cache files, try again.

4- You are trying to use a standard version of wicked whims on a legacy version of sims 4: Install the legacy version of wicked whims instead. 

5- Together with wicked whims you have download other stuff that is not compatible with the game, for example animation packs created for sims 3: Remove all the animation packs and try again. 

If it is still not working with ONLY wicked whims and / or better exceptions installed, after you have checked all the previous steps, upload any error files you have or a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (should be located in your sims 4 folder). 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
typos