Hi there! My current problem is that Npc's wont attack me, no matter if there a natural enemy faction like bandits, if there spiders, or if I go ham attacking them. I was able to get gaurds in solstheim to attack me once, after commiting a bunch of crimes and then attacking a gaurd, but other then that I haven't had any luck getting npcs to attack me. Npc's attack eachother just fine, they just seem to ignore me tho. its also not a problem with detection since I can talk to the npc's just fine. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance for helping this hopeless soul;-; ❤️

modlist and ini pulled from mo2 profiles folder

modlist.txt settings.ini skyrim.ini skyrimcustom.ini

First guess this is a faction issue. Your character is part of one or more factions that make them friendly with enemies. This seems like a bit of a sledgehammer solution but it might be useful to test this theory: RemoveFromAllFactions

prid 14
removefromallfactions

Assuming that works (never tried it myself), we can work on figuring out a real fix. You don't want to save or continue playing after issuing that command.

8 hours ago, traison said:

First guess this is a faction issue. Your character is part of one or more factions that make them friendly with enemies. This seems like a bit of a sledgehammer solution but it might be useful to test this theory: RemoveFromAllFactions

prid 14
removefromallfactions

Assuming that works (never tried it myself), we can work on figuring out a real fix. You don't want to save or continue playing after issuing that command.

After some further testing I figured out that I was able to make neutral factions attack me, like vigilants of stendar or mercenary's after I attack them, but enemy races like any beast race, skeletons, bandits, rly anything thats naturally an enemy just refuses to attack me. I tested prid 14 + remove all factions and that doesn't seem to have done anything.

FWIW, I didn't check your load list but if you have defeat installed, you may have run into a glitch that can happen when a scene is interrupted and the player isn't properly "released from the restrictions placed by the interactions (in a defeat situation), resulting in the player retaining the otherwise temporary non-hostile status with the enemy who has defeated the player. In most cases, I find the most practical solution is to backload a save created prior to the initial onset of the screwy behavior, as it appears that something broken gets baked into any subsequent save, once the glitch becomes active.

fwiw and all that

Edited by anjenthedog

I'm having the problem on a clean save(New game) and just start the game with various alternate start modes to test. I'm not using defeat, though I do have mods that act similarly to defeat. only thing is despite those mod if I manage to get a mercenary to kill me I can still re-enact aggression from them If I attack them again. my main problem is that naturally enemy races like skeletons, bandits, and the like don't attack me. regardless if I walk up to them or if I start attacking them. they'll just stand there and let me kill them. sometimes they'll start the weapon pull out animation, and they still say various lines saying they won't let me get away with it if I attack them again, but they never do attack me.

Yes, As I noted I've seen it before.

When interacting in a non combat/non hostile way with any normally enemy, (ie an SL or SL-like interaction) and the "release" (all the cleanup that normally happens after the "end of scene") from that sequence isn't completed (for me, it seems to usually happen when in scene and something attacks the bandit camp or similar), and the scene is overtly interrupted and prematurely terminated, it can leave the player/enemy status f-ed, right across all enemies, NOT just the NPC directly involved. All enemies (or at least most). IDK why, I just know that's the symptom I sometimes see, and the quickest solution for me is the backtrack before the problem began occurring. And I always regret when I fail to do so, because if I stubbornly keep playing the broken vector, it just means I'll have to backtrack farther to fix it later on.

Edited by anjenthedog