First guess, you have a normal map changer, but you're missing the normal maps or they're for a different body type.

Edit: Since the next question is most likely going to be "how do I find that?". The DIY solution is to download a normal map changer from the nexus and install it. Then opening the entire loadorder as-is in xEdit and inspecting the changer. It will most likely be overwriting changes made by the mod that is causing this issue.

Edited by traison
  • 1 month later...

I've started having this same issue recently, and tried what traison suggested. Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking for, but I didn't see any conflicts/changes to the default normal map references. And this kicks in intermittently during play, so it seems likely I have something  changing this dynamically. Any more detailed guidance on how to identify the cause would be appreciated.