Hello.
I've been trying to get DAR to work for days, but I can't.
And I am trying to understand how it works.
If I understand, DAR is a framework for animations. 
To install it, that I know how to do.
It's after that I have trouble when you want to add animations.
How do you go about it? Do we just have to install the animation mod we want, or do we have to create a specific file in the DAR folder?
Some people say you need Nemesis or FNIS, others don't.
I think I saw on the internet and on the DAR website that it is not obligatory.

DAR replaces animations on the fly, tha t's the name stands for Dynamic Animation Replacer.

Best look into a mod what uses DAR. There you will find in folder meshes a list.

In there the replacesments are listed under subfolders, with or without conditions for replacements,

for which npc and so on.

7 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

DAR replaces animations on the fly, tha t's the name stands for Dynamic Animation Replacer.

Best look into a mod what uses DAR. There you will find in folder meshes a list.

In there the replacesments are listed under subfolders, with or without conditions for replacements,

for which npc and so on.

All right.
For example, on one of my saves, I have two mods that work with DAR.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35978

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61202

When I wanted to use a halberd, it was the animation of the axe, not the halberd.
The sword animation from the armour mod didn't appear either.

6 minutes ago, hana120 said:

All right.
For example, on one of my saves, I have two mods that work with DAR.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35978

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61202

When I wanted to use a halberd, it was the animation of the axe, not the halberd.
The sword animation from the armour mod didn't appear either.

Depending on which version of the game you use, DAR has only just updated for .640, so that may be the problem.

6 minutes ago, hana120 said:

two mods that

Had a quick look into the first mods mentioned.

The replacesments priority is deffined via the number of the folder containing the animations.

The ones in the mod are 2digit, like 11, 12. Very low priority. Usually numbers like 10000 up to 100000 are used.

Othe problem, conditions in the textfile are not met. Wrong ID misted, e.g. a mod eslified and so on.

Look at the DAR page, how conditions are used and check the txt files for every replacement folder.

9 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

This is restricted to ca. 12k animations. You need the modified version. Check discussion page of DAR for a link.

So neither mod can work properly if I understand correctly?
I need a compatible version of DAR for 1.5.97 if I understand correctly?

7 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

again ?? If I remember right, I did not met Kitsune before. She behaves ....japanese ? nice :)

Azurie, she calls herself.
I use it for fun, to have fun and to do my blog which I'm doing at the moment on loverslab.

Last little question.
So with DAR enabled, when I put an animation mod like animated armoury and sitting posture mods; only my character will benefit or the npc too?

8 minutes ago, hana120 said:

character will benefit or the npc too

It depends how the replacer list conditions are set up.

like folder female, then all female, or folder for player, npc with conditions.

You can specify single NPC, like only Serana does it. In the folder female, all female. Direcly before subfolder, all and so on.

It's easy to change.

Edited by Tlam99
53 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

It depends how the replacer list conditions are set up.

like folder female, then all female, or folder for player, npc with conditions.

You can specify single NPC, like only Serana does it. In the folder female, all female. Direcly before subfolder, all and so on.

It's easy to change.

If I understand correctly, I have to create a condition file so that the animations only apply to my character.

15 minutes ago, hana120 said:

my

meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007\1hm_attackpowerleft.hkx

Put everything you want to replace into this folder, like1hm_attackpowerleft.hkx

Then it's player only.

14 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Skyrim.esm\00000007\1hm_attackpowerleft.hkx

Put everything you want to replace into this folder, like1hm_attackpowerleft.hkx

Then it's player only.

The same goes for seating animations and the like?

11 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

everything you put in there replaces the player default.

Think this way

DAR , a dll, checks it's folders and uses this animations to replace vanilla default.

So if I understand correctly.
If I want the PC to benefit from the combat animations or the postures, I have to put the hkx files in the Skyrim folder of DAR. And not just install the mod. Is that it?

1 hour ago, Tlam99 said:

Right

All right.
Do you have to create a separate folder for each animation mod or do you have to replace the animations every time?

Another question.
If we put animations of mods linked to Nemesis, in DAR, will it work for the PC or do we need Nemesis?

1 hour ago, hana120 said:

separate folder for each animation mod

If the mods cover the same animations, then you need to work with conditions.

If all animations are different, one folder is enough.

No, Nemesis creates it's own behaviour files, so you cannot use this with FNIS.  You need Nemesis to create this files.

3 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

If the mods cover the same animations, then you need to work with conditions.

If all animations are different, one folder is enough.

No, Nemesis creates it's own behaviour files, so you cannot use this with FNIS.  You need Nemesis to create this files.

I'll summarise; you tell me if I'm right or wrong.

So for the animations to be exclusive to the PC, they must be placed in the 00000007 folder of DAR.
-If the mods have the same animations, I need to create a condition file that will determine the order in which they should run.
-Otherwise, if they don't have the same animations, a simple animations folder may suffice.

For example, if it's two mods modifying the 1H combat animations, I need to make a conditions file to modify the order of appearance.

If for example, a sitting posture mod like Sexy seat animation, I can just put a folder to put the animations in with a condition file so that the pc is the only one that can use it. 

2 minutes ago, hana120 said:

animations in with a condition file so that the pc

sufficient to put into 00000007, if not overwritng something.

00000007 is the ID of player prisoner. This ID can be every NPC, then only the NPC with this ID has animations replaced

Like Serana would be :

meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Dawnguard.esm\00002B6C\female\mt_idle.hkx

For conditions, best you look into a mod using this

31 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

sufficient to put into 00000007, if not overwritng something.

00000007 is the ID of player prisoner. This ID can be every NPC, then only the NPC with this ID has animations replaced

Like Serana would be :

meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\Dawnguard.esm\00002B6C\female\mt_idle.hkx

For conditions, best you look into a mod using this

Here, for example, I took the DAR version of Sexy, then copied the 3 mod files and put them in the 00000007 folder of DAR.
But in game, the animations did not work.
Did I do something wrong?