Clothed sims (problem?)

Going to start off by saying I'm not trying to be creepy or anything(which you probably won't believe anyways), but having sims stay clothed while in the shower or bath is awkward at best, for the toddlers I ignored it as their time in the world is too short to pay much attention to anyway, but the child stage is much longer and seeing them stay fully clothed in the shower or bath is incredibly off putting, it's not like you could see anything previously it was just a barbie doll, but it at least made some sense.

Is there any toggle for this somewhere?(or another way to fix?)  Or am I going to have to go find mods that probably enable foul stuff for them just to get the immersion back? (I really don't want to have to do this or I would have done so instead of posting here.)

Alternatively is there any way to access old versions?  Me the idiot decided to delete the old version instead of just moving it before installing the new one.  Neither here, Nexus or the main site has any old versions that I can locate.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:29 AM, uni790 said:

Going to start off by saying I'm not trying to be creepy or anything(which you probably won't believe anyways), but having sims stay clothed while in the shower or bath is awkward at best, for the toddlers I ignored it as their time in the world is too short to pay much attention to anyway, but the child stage is much longer and seeing them stay fully clothed in the shower or bath is incredibly off putting, it's not like you could see anything previously it was just a barbie doll, but it at least made some sense.

Is there any toggle for this somewhere?(or another way to fix?)  Or am I going to have to go find mods that probably enable foul stuff for them just to get the immersion back? (I really don't want to have to do this or I would have done so instead of posting here.)

Alternatively is there any way to access old versions?  Me the idiot decided to delete the old version instead of just moving it before installing the new one.  Neither here, Nexus or the main site has any old versions that I can locate.

One quick easy thing you can try before anything else is running a batch patch in sims 4 studio called "disable cc for shower". It will take just a minute. If it does not fix it, we can think of other possible issues but i would try that first. 

About "old versions" i do not know if you mean wicked whims or something else.

Good luck.

Downloaded Sims 4 studio, and ran the mentioned bit, it said it fixed something and made a backup of a mod file, but didn't fix my particular issue.

Also, I was talking about Wicked Whims, sorry there, it's the only real mod I have installed, the rest are just addons to it, as the previous version worked without issues.

I do have that installed, but don't see any option to change bathing outfit under the dresser tab(is there another mod or patch I need for that?), tried excluding clothing, but it just swaps to another piece at random.  Grabbed that one to fix their rampant "mean interactions" bug.

8 hours ago, uni790 said:

I do have that installed, but don't see any option to change bathing outfit under the dresser tab(is there another mod or patch I need for that?), tried excluding clothing, but it just swaps to another piece at random.  Grabbed that one to fix their rampant "mean interactions" bug.

If you run the batch fix in sims4studio the right way (selecting the folder where you have your custom content installed) and it is still happening then you need to clear the bathing outfit. There are different methods for that but like the OP says MCCC is the easiest. 

Click on your sim WHEN HE/SHE IS BATHING OR TAKING A SHOWER WITH CLOTHES ON, then MC Command center, then MC Dresser, then Blacklist items, then you select the outfit category he/she is wearing (bottom, or top or whatever), then select "Bathing" (do not select "all outfit categories"). Repeat for every kind of clothing you do not want your sims wearing. Then go back to MC Dresser, select "Outfit commands", then "Clean outfits". 

Before you do all this, like i said, make sure you clean all your cc from the "Nude" outfit category, or it will happen again. 

I hope the explanation is clear enough. 

Do I have to do this individually for every effected sim?  This is going to take hours clearing every single colour combination of every piece of clothing one by one...  I'd rather just drop the whole game if I need to do this with everyone one piece at a time.  Though, there is no bathing option under dresser, there's "all outfit categories", and "special"  I assume you mean special.

"Before you do all this, like i said, make sure you clean all your cc from the "Nude" outfit category, or it will happen again." 

Unsure exactly what cc stands for(creation content?) but if this is what you pointed me at earlier with the batch thing for showers, then yea it's been done.

Would a new save work too?

40 minutes ago, uni790 said:

Do I have to do this individually for every effected sim?  This is going to take hours clearing every single colour combination of every piece of clothing one by one...  I'd rather just drop the whole game if I need to do this with everyone one piece at a time.  Though, there is no bathing option under dresser, there's "all outfit categories", and "special"  I assume you mean special.

"Before you do all this, like i said, make sure you clean all your cc from the "Nude" outfit category, or it will happen again." 

Unsure exactly what cc stands for(creation content?) but if this is what you pointed me at earlier with the batch thing for showers, then yea it's been done.

Would a new save work too?

cc is for "custom content" sorry, it is a common abbreviation. If the previous solutions did not help try resetting the bath outfit with the wicked whims option, that should always fix it: Click on any sim, wicked, settings, nudity settings, outfit undressing settings, advanced outfit settings, and then check "Auto-reset bathing outfits". Exit the game. You might need to delete the localthumbcache.pckage and the avatarcache.package (located in your sims 4 folder). Restart the game and that should definitively fix it. The only limitation with this method is that the bug will come back if you remove wicked whims and you still have custom content in the nude outfit.

I hope this helps, good luck :)

8 hours ago, babuchas said:

If you run the batch fix in sims4studio the right way (selecting the folder where you have your custom content installed) and it is still happening then you need to clear the bathing outfit. There are different methods for that but like the OP says MCCC is the easiest. 

Click on your sim WHEN HE/SHE IS BATHING OR TAKING A SHOWER WITH CLOTHES ON, then MC Command center, then MC Dresser, then Blacklist items, then you select the outfit category he/she is wearing (bottom, or top or whatever), then select "Bathing" (do not select "all outfit categories"). Repeat for every kind of clothing you do not want your sims wearing. Then go back to MC Dresser, select "Outfit commands", then "Clean outfits". 

Before you do all this, like i said, make sure you clean all your cc from the "Nude" outfit category, or it will happen again. 

I hope the explanation is clear enough. 

Well, this is not working, it's gotten to the point of just cycling to outfits that have already been excluded, and telling me no changes were needed.

As for the more recent response, the sim doesn't have a wicked menu unless I'm holding shift and then it's just debug info. 

Would just removing those files maybe do something on it's own?  EDIT: neither of those files exist in the sims 4 game files?

Edited by uni790
50 minutes ago, uni790 said:

Well, this is not working, it's gotten to the point of just cycling to outfits that have already been excluded, and telling me no changes were needed.

As for the more recent response, the sim doesn't have a wicked menu unless I'm holding shift and then it's just debug info. 

Would just removing those files maybe do something on it's own?  EDIT: neither of those files exist in the sims 4 game files?

I mean any sim in the active household (but it might be just the active sim you are using now that i think about it), you will have a "wicked" option just by clickin on it (no shift+click), where you can edit settings. The cache files are in the same folder where your mods folder, your screenshots folder and your save game folder is, in PC it is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. You must have a avatarcache file and a localthumcache file there, the game generates those every time you start the game, so it is impossible that you do not have them. Every time you make changes in your mods folder or cc folder you should delete those 2 files so changes apply (not just to solve this problem, but EVERY TIME you change something in your mods folder).

Edited by babuchas
1 hour ago, babuchas said:

I mean any sim in the active household (but it might be just the active sim you are using now that i think about it), you will have a "wicked" option just by clickin on it (no shift+click), where you can edit settings. The cache files are in the same folder where your mods folder, your screenshots folder and your save game folder is, in PC it is Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. You must have a avatarcache file and a localthumcache file there, the game generates those every time you start the game, so it is impossible that you do not have them. Every time you make changes in your mods folder or cc folder you should delete those 2 files so changes apply (not just to solve this problem, but EVERY TIME you change something in your mods folder).

Some good info there, when you mentioned they'd be in the sims 4 folder, I figured that meant the game folder, not it's mod folder(sorry for not understanding).  Alas, deleting them did nothing to help.

Also, yea the sim doesn't have a wicked menu, as mentioned in the OP it's the child sims that are staying fully clothed in the shower/bath, they don't get a wicked menu for obvious reasons, nor do I want them to have access to what it mostly contains, but I also don't want them fully clothed in the tub/shower, it's beyond weird to bring your fancy dress into the shower, lol.

43 minutes ago, uni790 said:

Some good info there, when you mentioned they'd be in the sims 4 folder, I figured that meant the game folder, not it's mod folder(sorry for not understanding).  Alas, deleting them did nothing to help.

Also, yea the sim doesn't have a wicked menu, as mentioned in the OP it's the child sims that are staying fully clothed in the shower/bath, they don't get a wicked menu for obvious reasons, nor do I want them to have access to what it mostly contains, but I also don't want them fully clothed in the tub/shower, it's beyond weird to bring your fancy dress into the shower, lol.

You do not need to open the wicked menu on the sim that is showering with clothes, just on the active sim (i guess you have an adult or teen in the household, just set it as the active sim and open the wicked menu). Most of the changes in the settings that you make there apply to all the sims in the game, not just the active sim. Wicked whims should clear and fix all bathing outfits for all genders and ages once you select that option, exit the game, clear the cache files (after you change that in wicked whims), and start the game again. 

Tried that, still a no-go, the auto reset option was already on, cleared out the two files you mentioned earlier as well, reset and still clothed in the shower. 

I did however see a new option to toggle off child sims being covered while bathing, didn't have any effect though.

EDIT: even starting a brand new save doesn't solve anything, guess I'll just have to wait for wicked to update again, see if it fixes it(unless of course you have other ideas I could try, I'm open to trying just about anything at this point), I even went back and tried step 1 again (removing clothes using MC dresser from the "special" outfit(as there is no bathing option it's all or special, whatever special is supposed to be)) same end result as before, just hits a point where it just cycles to stuff I've already removed, along with scrambling the other outfits, seems like something here is broken, and it's well beyond my ability to fix.

Edited by uni790
17 hours ago, uni790 said:

Tried that, still a no-go, the auto reset option was already on, cleared out the two files you mentioned earlier as well, reset and still clothed in the shower. 

I did however see a new option to toggle off child sims being covered while bathing, didn't have any effect though.

EDIT: even starting a brand new save doesn't solve anything, guess I'll just have to wait for wicked to update again, see if it fixes it(unless of course you have other ideas I could try, I'm open to trying just about anything at this point), I even went back and tried step 1 again (removing clothes using MC dresser from the "special" outfit(as there is no bathing option it's all or special, whatever special is supposed to be)) same end result as before, just hits a point where it just cycles to stuff I've already removed, along with scrambling the other outfits, seems like something here is broken, and it's well beyond my ability to fix.

Is it always custom content clothing they use to shower or bathing or does it also happen with vanilla game clothing? I know you have cleared your custom content with sims4studio, but the most frequent reason why the bathing outfit keeps changing to different clothes instead of just nude after you reset it is because there is still broken or wrong tagged custom content in your mods folder. Have you tried moving all your mods/custom content out of your mods folder (or simply rename your mods folder to something else) and see if it still happens? (remember to delete the cache files after you do this). If that fixes the problem then there must still be some broken custom content screwing the nude outfit. 

On 1/23/2023 at 11:53 PM, uni790 said:

Still happens even with just Wicked Whims and the no censor patch installed, not even any of the animations in the folder.

It is really weird that it did not get fixed after following all the previous steps, i have never seen that, and i doubt an update for wicked whims solves the issue since it is not a problem caused by wicked whims. I guess you can try the console command ww.fix_sim_nude_outfit

If that does not help i am out of ideas, sorry. 

That didn't work either, neither did updating wicked whims, however, while trying to update the mod, I somehow missed dropping the new version into the mods folder and ended up launching the game without it, it works fine without the mod around, makes me think whatever the problem is, it's with wicked itself, or a conflict with something the modder has listed as supported, as I don't have any mods other then what's listed as supported, or working.

28 minutes ago, uni790 said:

That didn't work either, neither did updating wicked whims, however, while trying to update the mod, I somehow missed dropping the new version into the mods folder and ended up launching the game without it, it works fine without the mod around, makes me think whatever the problem is, it's with wicked itself, or a conflict with something the modder has listed as supported, as I don't have any mods other then what's listed as supported, or working.

It cannot be wicked whims alone, since most people using it (including me) does not have any similar problems when using it alone. It might be something else screwing things up, or something residual that got stuck in memory or cache, but since you cleared the cache files and cleaned the custom content that should not be the issue. Could you please upload a wickedwhimsinfolog.log file and ideally also a system info log from mcc if you are using it? You can generate the system info log by clicking on a sim, select mc command, then "sim commands", then "logging commands" and then "system info log". That will create a file in the mcc folder, upload it here, together with your wickedwhimsinfolog.log file (this one is located in the sims 4 folder). Also if you have any lastexceptions errors upload the most recent,  please. 

You should remove or unzip the zip files that you have in your mods folder. NoCensor mod should not be necessary if you have wicked whims installed. You have some duplicates that you should delete (mcc only detects duplicates with identical file name). Other than that i really do not see big issues in the files. Can you upload a couple screenshots to see what kind of outfits they are wearing?

On 2/6/2023 at 9:21 AM, uni790 said:

most seem to be in their normal undergarments, but one decided to be "special" unsure if it's just the one though

20230206041626_1.jpg

20230206041551_1.jpg

20230206042025_1.jpg

The number 1 and 3 are the normal "naked" outfit for kids, number 2 is weird. If those clothes are custom content you could try to fix them, but i guess they are ea clothing? 

I am thinking now and i did not realized before, that maybe you had a default skin replacement for naked outfit, you removed it or it bugged, and now it is not working and when it does not work sims usually go back to the "default", but sometimes they insist in using other clothes for who knows what reason.  

One thing you can try is generate a new naked outfit for that kid, for example in the sleep category, then use the mc dresser --- copy/paste --- copy outfit. Then send the kid to take a shower or a bath, and when it is doing it click on the sim, mc dresser again, copy/paste --- paste outfit. 

That should do the trick if the problem is because the sim is "defaulting" to the wrong clothes, but i do not know if the fixed outfit will stick for a long time, but try. 

Sorry for the delay answering, there are a lot of messages and yours "disappeared" under a ton of other messages so i did not see it before ?

Edited by LittleRedSonja

So, 1 and 3 are how it's supposed to be?  That's actually what I came here to "fix" in the first place, number 2 actually fixed itself to be like the others with a older save(that's the sim I was using your first fix on, had just forgotten about it, rolled back to the previous save and it's all fine now)

If that's how they're supposed to be in the shower now in wicked, I'll have to go find an alternative, because that just bugs the crap outta me, clothes in the shower...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have the same problem, could you solve it? I have tried three previous versions of ww and the problem persists ? . The only way to fix it is by removing the ww, I can't find any other way.

The strangest thing is that the clothes that the children put on are the ones from the game, if I remove the ww they disappear, but if I keep it the clothes are put back on in the shower. I did copy and paste the clothes of the nude outfit with the MC, but the problem is that I have to do it every time they bathe, and the truth is that I'm too lazy, I don't know what else to do my brain dries up.

BeFunky-collage998.jpg