CrosshairRefEvents script hang fix

View File

SKSE64 plugin which fixes script hang in e.g. Naked Defeat and Deviously Cursed Loot:

Spoiler

When any mod disables the activate/use key via DisablePlayerControls(),

then the game sends an OnCrosshairRefChange Event to every Form which registered for said event.

This event keeps being sent for every frame, until the activate/use key is re-enabled.
Which in turn results in some script being seemingly stuck and refusing to execute (such as Naked Defeat or Cursed Loot)

This plugin fixes this by no longer sending the OnCrosshairRefChange Event just because the activate/use key has been disabled.

(Now said Event is only sent, when the Crosshair actually changes targets)

Requires Address Lib.

Tested with Special Edition v1.5.97 and Anniversary Edition v1.6.640

(but "should" be compatibly with anything inbetween aswell *fingers crossed* *no guarantees* *use at your own risk* )

source code on GitHub

Special thanks to:

alex77r4: for helping me understand this bug a bit better in the Naked Defeat SE forum.

mrowrpurr: for creating the SKSE plugin template

the CommonlibSSE-NG creators/coders (including, but not limited to Ryanpowerof3CharmedBaryon)

the SKSE team

(standing on the shoulders of giants)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/16/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Address Library for SKSE Plugins
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, petterparker09 said:

after installing this mod, the cursed loot events from DCL (and events from many other mods) don't start anymore... so I uninstalled it but the error continues (even when starting a new game)... could someone help me to fix it?

When you begin a new game and rescue Chloe from the Helgen prison, that starts her quest and prevents any DCL cursed loot events from occurring, until you have completed several of the DCL quests in sequence.

• 2 weeks later...

So i have this wierd black screen stuck when going into or out of the great lift at aftland or whatever it's called and this file did not change anything I have address library installed but still nothing it's as if i never installed it at all.

• 9 months later...

is there anything I can do from Naked Defeats Script side to avoid this from even happening?

Thx for making this fix :D
dunno if this is also an LE issue. 

I ve seen Stack Dumps with "OnCrossHairReference" but never in my own Logs (I m on LE)
But from what I read on how this works I guess the problem is only on LE... 

(EDIT; without having to enable the Use Key of course :P )

Edited by Nymra