Multiple Generations + Every NPC GONE??

With the Dec 22nd update, i followed my usual routine of removing the old mods, the thumb cache, downloading the new update and checking my other mods for new updates. I updated WW and Nisa's wicked perversions. I started up my game again and decided to play a new save file ( i didn't know about the saving issue at the time) - all was well. I have this save file that i created early 2022 and it's jam packed with lore and multiple, complex storylines. I load that save file and saw from the world menu that everything is gone. 

Everyone - my creations and NPC's- gone. All the houses and their contents ( like old photographs, paintings, even a baby in one of them) remained intact but the people are gone. 

I didn't save and tried removing both WW and WP, and then starting the game again but the save file is still like that

If anyone has gone through something similar how did you fix it? or recover your old file?