after updating the mod i keep getting a fatal error message at the start of the game that there is a duplicate install, even though i deleted the old mod folder. now every time i start the game and even while i'm playing the mod doesn't remember my settings if that makes sense. there are literally no duplicate files in my mod folder and i didn't put the files in other folders. i haven't added any other mods besides cc. the only other thing i can think of is deleting and updating animations.

lastException.txt

ok so i tried reinstalling everything all over again including animations, double checked that all the old files were deleted. as soon as i open the game it says i'm running on v170 (triple checked, i'm on v174a) and, again, that there's a duplicate install. not looking forward to rehashing all the mod settings just for the game to forget most of it in five minutes.

24 minutes ago, nanacamellia said:

ok so i tried reinstalling everything all over again including animations, double checked that all the old files were deleted. as soon as i open the game it says i'm running on v170 (triple checked, i'm on v174a) and, again, that there's a duplicate install. not looking forward to rehashing all the mod settings just for the game to forget most of it in five minutes.

I'm pretty sure you didn't delete the old save from ww.

22 hours ago, PsychoGhost said:

pls update mccc to 2022_ 7_0 first. you use an old version.

then try it again

ok i did this and the game gave me the same error messages after opening, but my settings are the same as i left them. if there are any other problems i haven't found them yet. should i worry about the error messages still or just leave it?

• 3 weeks later...