SexLab p+ Dev/Feature Discussion

1 hour ago, Someone92 said:

p+ needs a new/clean save to be installed

That phrasing is why I ask.  A new save is clean,  but many people claim saves can be 'cleaned', whether with tools or proper uninstall procedures.  My first impulse is simply to wait until I start a new game, and add this to the list of mods to add when I do, but I don't know if that's mandatory.

Greetings all!

A very curious and ambitious project. I wish a speedy, exhaustive and productive creation of it.

And I myself on the voting would like to
clarify. I, what is wrong to vote, not as I wanted to, this will write here. I wanted to give my vote for 2. Advanced Sound & Expression, 4. QoL Fixes &
Performance and 5. Something else entirely (please comment). I didn't understand how and where to leave a comment on 5. So I will write this comment
here.

Basically all 5 points should be properly implemented in SLp +, but most of all I wish that more attention was paid to "2. Advanced Sound &
Expression" namely the face animation "moans, phonemes mouth". In order to sharpen the animation experienced by the actors, so that the reflection of
what is happening on the actors' faces was more clearly visible. To realize more manual tuning, facial animation to make it more clear and stable and at
the same time dynamic and diverse and automatic. Properly adapt it to interact with other mods and items mods. To open the mouth wide, beautiful and
sexy, that the gags of different kinds were held stable, that the mouth is not closed, despite the fact that the set of the extender for the mouth, as
it happens in the current SL, that would have been properly picked up emotion and anatomically correct facial animation for the different gags and other
different sizes, that the manual setting of this would be similar "Virtamate" and "Daz3D" and even better, etc.

Current SL gives very poor settings for
all of this and they work adequately only a few minutes, then the animation face flies off becomes another or even static, the main thing is not the one
you configured, it works slowly: have to wait from the beginning when you made the changes take effect - will appear on the selected actor (and normally
it should work instantly). In general in the current SL in the field of "moans, phonemes mouth" everything is still in its infancy, everything is still
very raw and not finished, not brought to mind.

Sorry for the long text!

It's like that.

1 hour ago, killyourname said:

Someone suggested adding a hotkey to disable the animation. Is it possible to make an option to completely remove the animation? Especially for obsolete default ones. Or maybe an out-game tool that can easily edit an animation pack? Or I want too much?

Disabling it would give you a config file, which would mean that if you later updated the anim pack, it would still be disabled. Deleting it would mean that it came back if you updated. I'd prefer the disabled and stays that way option, personally.

2 hours ago, 3reaker said:

Disabling it would give you a config file, which would mean that if you later updated the anim pack, it would still be disabled. Deleting it would mean that it came back if you updated. I'd prefer the disabled and stays that way option, personally.

As far as I know, even if you turn off all animations in SexLab, FNIS still counts them. Almost a 1k useless animations (don't want to hurt the feelings of the authors. but we have what we have). I don't like it.
Anyway, if we can use this config file for keeping the animation disabled, why can't we use it for re-removing?

Edited by killyourname

I cannot just "delete" all default animations as there are mods which may require them to be present. Removing them means that I do something directly damaging backwards compatibility

I offer you the option to not install in a future version but thats all I can do

Well, in that case, I'm most interested in the expression way.
Some mod adds Ahegao to SexLab (maybe one of the Baka's mod, I don't remember), but it always works awful for me (mouth closes when tongue is pulled out, bruh).

And if you going to work around expressions, I hope it will be compatible with Blush When Aroused. Or maybe you can integrate its features (somehow, dunno), cause It's been a while since last update.
Also performance improvements are always welcome.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:14 PM, Scrab said:

1. Advanced Orgasm Logic

If this is seen as an alternative to slso, then I would suggest making a flexible setting for this. For example, in slso, when she becomes too depraved, simple things cease to excite her and for an orgasm something more depraved, such as a gangbang or horse cocks, is needed. I consider this an unnecessary restriction, it would be more interesting, on the contrary, if the heroine moaned with depravity, more sensitive and finished more often, not less often. If you add things like this, it's better to make them optional, not mandatory as in slso.

Edited by Nikett7
16 hours ago, killyourname said:

I hope it will be compatible with Blush When Aroused. Or maybe you can integrate its features (somehow, dunno), cause It's been a while since last update.

Since BWA ist just listening to SLA and applying its own tint when that is the case, it should stay compatible

An issue is really only mods that directly try to overwrite SL files, everything else should be fine

24 minutes ago, Nikett7 said:

If this is seen as an alternative to slso, then I would suggest making a flexible setting for this. For example, in slso, when she becomes too depraved, simple things cease to excite her and for an orgasm something more depraved, such as a gangbang or horse cocks, is needed. I consider this an unnecessary restriction, it would be more interesting, on the contrary, if the heroine moaned with depravity, more sensitive and finished more often, not less often. If you add things like this, it's better to make them optional, not mandatory as in slso.

I plan on making this orgasm feature in p+ to be fully based on physics and very maybe use SLA arousal in some way as a multiplier to consider arousal of an actor. How realistic arousal then is has nothing to do with me, mind you

I plan on using biology as a reference over game design for the most part

Edited by Scrab

Let me note by the way that while arousal based on physics may sound very interesting, currently SL is unable to even use half of the data provided by these newly introduced integer keys

To give you guys a quick overview of what these keys will be able to do when SLAL2 is properly established and how exactly Futas are being processed by p+:

In default SL as you all are properly aware there are a total of 4 genders, male and female for human and creature each. A "futa" in SL specific circumstance, is simply an actor whichs SL gender does not match their vanilla gender.

SLp+ on the other heavily expanded gender definition and recognizes "futa" as its own gender, the same way male or female is its own gender

"Scrab I have futa animations but p+ never uses them"

.. is a complaint Ive heard a few times, making me believe this its not fully clear what exactly p+ does with futas, the simple truth is, you dont actually have futa animations. You have animations tagged with futa but how would I be able to distinct 2 animations: HH and FH solely by a "futa" tag on the animation?

Answer: I dont, I cant

p+ treats Futas a standalone gender, this has the advantages that it is fully able to create complex futa animations; i.e. FH, FFH, MH, MFH, HC, HX, ... but to do that I need to know that there is an "H" in this animation, and the way SL currently works, it simply cannot do that

This is one of the major reasons why we need SLAL2 but because Futa animations right now are "FF" animations with a futa tag, there is simply no way for me to know when an animation is a futa animation and when it isnt

Next to futas, SLAL2 will also become very useful when making vampire, aggressive and even necrophilia animations. These keys are incredibly strong because they are able to condition a single specific position in an animation very precisely, this is not to be underestimated

Edited by Scrab

This project ist extremly interesting and very exciting!

I personally think that the first priority should be to have a solid foundation to build upon before tackling the advanced features that SexLab has. So im for option 4.

Im also very interested in option 2 ? The sound system always was such a downer for me. Would be cool if we had some nice "vanilla clap sounds" that don't depend on the animator implementing them correctly.

But there is one thing I don't really understand. Why are you not forking or contributing to SexLab's github directly? Is this a patch that still requires the original SexLab mod to be active?

Edited by Wasmachensachen

There are "defeat" mods provide "before" and "after" animation's playable contents,

only the mod "sl separate orgasm" provide playable contents through sexlab scenes.

It is good to make "sexlab" work faster,

but if I can only watch animations throuth the scene ,

I would get board after several times defeat and only  want to press "End" key to skip the animation scene.

Appreciate for your work, English is not my native language, those are my little suggestions and I hope you can understand, THANKS AGAIN!

Hi. As for me, SL scaling system is not as good as it could be. SL using "model" scaling. Thus, actors of different heights become the same.

It would be better to have something like height adjustment without scaling. I think the best logic would be to scale the skeleton and apply it to model.

This is not exactly what you are doing here, however, in my opinion, this is one of the main problems in SL.

12 hours ago, Wasmachensachen said:

Why are you not forking or contributing to SexLab's github directly?

I am

12 hours ago, Wasmachensachen said:

Is this a patch that still requires the original SexLab mod to be active?

yes, p+ overwrites all of SLs papyrus scripts and uses a new dll for some more complicated functionality

@Scrab

On your poll above I voted for "QoL Fixes & Performance" since that is what SexLab truly needs right now. It's what you're currently working on anyway so I feel it's best to get that done above all else lol.

I started using P+ on a brand new playthrough recently and so far I'm impressed! No hiccups, it gets the job done, and it's definitely quicker. For all intents and purposes, everything seems to be running smoothly (I don't have a lot of SL addons installed). 

Personally the biggest thing I want resolved right now is what you listed under the "missing features" lol:

The following features are currently missing:

• Moving a Scene to a new location
  • Rotating a scene
  • Hotkey to change actor position in a scene (ie. swap position 1 with position 2)
  • Adjusting the position of an individual actor in a scene

It's, uh... it's painful to not be able to align the actors, to say the least lol. If as much as possible, please bring these back asap :bawling: (Alternatively, if you can figure out a way to have the actors automatically align and scale so genitals aren't sticking out where they shouldn't be then that would be awesome, but I understand if that's beyond the scope of this project.)

Otherwise, P+ is looking real good. I guess the only other so-called "issue" right now is that it requires a brand new game save (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mentioned that somewhere), so barring any technical limitations then maybe a bit of optimization in the future to allow it to be installed at anytime would be nice, but it's not super important right now.

Good luck with this project and I'm glad someone is finally doing this. All this time I thought Ashal would update SexLab, but I guess he's busy with other stuff that SexLab itself seems to be taking a backseat. The framework needs a modern touch-up and I think this is a step in the right direction. I just hope you don't get overwhelmed because it's looking to become a very big project. Hopefully you'll allow other devs to help you in the future!

Edited by HentaiGnome
1 hour ago, HentaiGnome said:

Personally the biggest thing I want resolved right now is what you listed under the "missing features" lol:

From that List 1 and 4 are currently being worked in

Im not entirely sure about option 3 tbh. Afaik the purpose behind this is to "fix" male in female positions n similar but this issue is impossible to occur in p+ so Im not sure if this feature still has any usage. Consider this a question: "if this feature is still useful or not"

Edited by Scrab
1 hour ago, Scrab said:

From that List 1 and 4 are currently being worked in

Im not entirely sure about option 3 tbh. Afaik the purpose behind this is to "fix" male in female positions n similar but this issue is impossible to occur in p+ so Im not sure if this feature still has any usage. Consider this a question: "if this feature is still useful or not"

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that!

Actually, I misunderstood what your option 3 was and I realized it's not that big of a deal then lol. For some reason, I thought you were talking about the "change actor being moved" feature in original SL, which I think by default the hotkey button is K. Currently right now it doesn't work in P+, which I'm assuming is something you're still trying to fix up lol. My apologies!

Edited by HentaiGnome

Gonna give this a try, is it compatible with Bathing in Skyrim Tweaked?  I've put it in my load order right above SL 1.63, and I see that other than some texture files its got a losing conflict with the latest papyrusutil, it's being overwritten by BiS in sslactorcumeffect.psc.  Shouldn't cause problems though right?