SexLab p+ Dev/Feature Discussion

Certainly. It looked like a dev build to me. I was not even sure it compiled. But I have done my share of massive rewrites. And often there are a few bugs that make the whole thing grind to a halt. Can sometimes be difficult to find them all with so much code changed. Figured I should mention what I noticed in my brief code review. ? Just in case.

Thanks for the additional clarity on staging. Will save some time testing what is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Arizona_Steve said:

Just to add - biggest request for me is per-thread gender assignments - or simply allowing the NPC sorting to be disabled on a per-thread basis. As of now I have to do some hacking in Random Sex to make things work right there.

There are strict semantics in place that dictate the order of NPC for an animation. These new semantics are conflicting with the old conventions, such that a perfectly valid order of actors could look like "CFCMF". You manually sorting them probably wouldnt end very well

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2023 at 8:13 PM, Preston G. said:

Hi, is there any possibility to exceed the limit of animations (125 I think) that Sexlab shows?
In fact there is a mod for SL Tools that does this, but I think it is partially incompatible with SLp+. 

Mods made for P+ specifically have no animation limit with V2.0+

32 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

Headtrack in animations often causes misalignment because actors are trying to turn towards their partner. I am happy that p+ seems to have completely disabled headtracking during animations so I no longer have to manually disable it via console.

Was there ever headtracking in animations? i can't remember a single time where i encountered it.

1 hour ago, Murphiee said:

Was there ever headtracking in animations? i can't remember a single time where i encountered it.

There was, but headtracking in Skyrim uses the upper body to a large quotion

There is no way you never noticed the NPCs upper body to weirdly rotate and bend backwards, thats usually how NPC "headtrack" in Skyrim

Disabling that very movement in animations will allow the animators themselves to have the actor headtrack the partenr in the animation, which would be more reliable and detailed than having the Skyrim engine itself do it

16 hours ago, Scrab said:

There was, but headtracking in Skyrim uses the upper body to a large quotion

There is no way you never noticed the NPCs upper body to weirdly rotate and bend backwards, thats usually how NPC "headtrack" in Skyrim

Disabling that very movement in animations will allow the animators themselves to have the actor headtrack the partenr in the animation, which would be more reliable and detailed than having the Skyrim engine itself do it

Right, haven't really thought of spine movement as a problem, altough having spine movement whenever an actor headtracks would break most if not all paired animations.

On that note, True Directional Movement has an option for headtracking where you can disable spine rotating, meaning only head moves. Wouldn't a similar system fix this spine issue?

But as you said, Downside would be "normalising" head animations, animations with bad/no headtrack would get rudimentary headtracking, while animations that already have headtracking might get a downgrade or stop functioning properly.

Anyway, Those are just my thoughts, Thnx for responding and good luck with future development.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally someone started a project like this.

My "wishlist":

1) Integrated version of basic framework mods, Animation Loader, Aroused, Separate orgasms, Dripping when aroused, Match Maker.

2) Some NPC reaction to sex actions.

3) Build in furniture interactions.

4) Some correct method to arrange genitals relative to each other.

On 11/4/2023 at 6:35 AM, Mautine88 said:

I see that furniture framework is incompatable. How does your mod handle furniture? It is very immersion breaking for me if all scenes were in the middle of the floor and just ignored furniture. 

This, and any kind of SLSO minigame (or compatibility) are what is keeping me from jumping on. I know OStim has simillar stuff integrated, but there are many SexLab mods I'd rather use than not... 

Great work, the delay time is significantly decreased. But I keep getting this error though:

When I start a new game, everything runs smoothly, but after a few saves, my character becomes invalid to start any sex scene. Even when I select a NPC to use the test animations, the animation did start, but the actors are that NPC and another random NPC. Seems like somehow my character is blacklisted

4 hours ago, Someone92 said:

I don't think this works with the newest SKSE version yet.

Does it directly interact with SKSE? Because there is the latest Sexlab Framework, 1.66, which my mod manager seems to think works with the latest SKSE. It's kind of hard to tell since several other mods, ones that I consider to be "foundational" mods, haven't been updated yet so I can't load the game to see if there are problems with P+.

- It will become impossible for female actors to animate in a male position or vice versa (unless it is explicitly allowed (such as females using strapons)

Does it mean that male on male actions will not be able to use all interaction animations as they are able to now (if gay filter is unticked)? Which would mean great step back for anything except "appealing to male fantasy" (i.e. straight and futa) things?

8 hours ago, Allnarta said:

Does it mean that male on male actions will not be able to use all interaction animations as they are able to now (if gay filter is unticked)? Which would mean great step back for anything except "appealing to male fantasy" (i.e. straight and futa) things?

If an animator creates an animation they can specify what sex (male, female, futa) each actor can have. p+ will put e.g. a male actor only in slots that have been assigned "male" by the animator.

To put a male into a female spot a mod would need to change the SexLab sex of said male actor to female prior to starting a scene.

Edited by Someone92