I've been to Skyrim

afro-herbalist

And all I can say, is I HOPE the "Lovers-mod" crew goes there one day too!

Great game man, not as groundbreaking as it was hyped up to be, but when has any game since the days of the PS1, or maybe Atari ST TRULY lived up to its own over-inflated hype bomb? I entered with an open mind, knowing that ignoring hype is a good idea, and then found myself in another f*cking world entirely! Man, the only problem, is that a lot of the mountain textures seem to be set at 100x100, instead of 1024x1024 (even on ultra settings!)

Man, if I was a modder!

Edit: Does anybody know why the "data files" option is disabled. I heard changing "EnableFileSelection" in the INI fixes this, but not for me... Also, I cant take screenshots either. It seems like any changes I make to the INI are being completely ignored...SKYRIM! WTF are you doing?

The .ini settings can be changed in the 'MyGames' folder. I believe the one in the SKYRIM folder is the "default".ini, in case your shit goes bonkers.

Oblivion also had a default.ini that confused a lot of people... you never needed to touch it, but people changed variables on both the 'MyGames' .ini AND the default.. *facepalm*

There is a HUGE .ini/tweak on nexus you can download. My game looks beyond amazing right now.. for the game only being a week old.

I have a full outside-texture pack, some textures in towns changed because of this pack also (very nice) -- i also have a full Whiterun retexture, face mods.. body mods.. you name it.

Lots of nice stuff out now, despite no Construction Set.

Thanks for the help guys. Yea I've tried (like a fool) editing the INI files from both the Skyrim, AND my documents folder. None of them make any difference.

I have my game on ultra settings right now, but I dont think my PC would be able to handle any further enhancements like texture mods n that. I have to turn off AA, FXAA and set anisotropic filtering to 8 or I start getting some SERIOUS lag fests, especially when I'm outside walking between areas.

I dont really know what I'd need to upgrade. My graphics card (HD4870 1GB) was pretty strong until about a month ago, I've got 4gb of RAM (although 32bit knocks it down to 3gb) and a 3.0GHz dual core. I havent even got the dough to make any upgrades right now anyway, so I'm stuck with my PC and PS3 being pretty evenly matched. What graphics card would I need to run games that look better than 'God of War 3', or maybe 'Heavy Rain'? I'm yet to see a game better looking than God3, and I've seen Crysis 1 / 2 maxed out with 'photo-realism' mods on youtube!

What if you backed everything up, reformatted and installed Win7-64bit?

The .ini tweaks definitely do make a huge difference, depending on what tweak you're trying to apply.

My Oblivion game looks waaaay beyond anything in GoW3 or Heavy Rain. And the "photo realistic" videos on youtube definitely need to be displayed in either 720p/1080p resolution to even get a feel for what it could look like ... remember, no screenshot nor video will ever give them full justice.

New videocard will help, but this game is very CPU dependent .. as with all Beth's games.. since they all use the same basic engine.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help guys. Yea I've tried (like a fool) editing the INI files from both the Skyrim' date=' AND my documents folder. None of them make any difference.

I have my game on ultra settings right now, but I dont think my PC would be able to handle any further enhancements like texture mods n that. I have to turn off AA, FXAA and set anisotropic filtering to 8 or I start getting some SERIOUS lag fests, especially when I'm outside walking between areas.

I dont really know what I'd need to upgrade. My graphics card (HD4870 1GB) was pretty strong until about a month ago, I've got 4gb of RAM (although 32bit knocks it down to 3gb) and a 3.0GHz dual core. I havent even got the dough to make any upgrades right now anyway, so I'm stuck with my PC and PS3 being pretty evenly matched. What graphics card would I need to run games that look better than 'God of War 3', or maybe 'Heavy Rain'? I'm yet to see a game better looking than God3, and I've seen Crysis 1 / 2 maxed out with 'photo-realism' mods on youtube!

[/quote']

Its not just a graphics card that you need, though that goes a long way. To get the best looks out of any game anymore you need that 64 bit os at least a quad core cpu though they to are getting to be dated. Also even though many games cannot make use of more then 2-4 gb of ram. A 64 bit os can and this will prevent background tasks from bogging down your pc.

as for graphics cards wait a bit on buying one nvidia is once again making serious attempts at knocking amd out of the number 1 spot. I'm looking forward to a revamped price war over the winter months

Archived