4 hours ago, Electric Aether said:

what does this do?

Not sure how much you know on the subject so I'll give you a long answer. DXVK is a program that translates directX calls to vulkan. Since Linux supports vulkan but not DirectX which is a Windows thing. It's used alongside Proton to be able to run "windows only" steam games in Linux. The download contains two dll's I assume are supposed to be dropped in somewhere to make Skyrim run smoother. I can't currently verify the claim that this improves dxvk for Skyrim since I don't have Skyrim installed at the moment. If you're on Windows, then you probably don't want this.

26 minutes ago, Pliny The Elder said:

Not sure how much you know on the subject so I'll give you a long answer. DXVK is a program that translates directX calls to vulkan. Since Linux supports vulkan but not DirectX which is a Windows thing. It's used alongside Proton to be able to run "windows only" steam games in Linux. The download contains two dll's I assume are supposed to be dropped in somewhere to make Skyrim run smoother. I can't currently verify the claim that this improves dxvk for Skyrim since I don't have Skyrim installed at the moment. If you're on Windows, then you probably don't want this.

Nope. It depends entirely at the level that your hardware translates dx9. The current version of vulkan is 50% more efficient at execution draw commands than dx9. It is entirely hardware dependent whether to use it or not, not software.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Nope. It depends entirely at the level that your hardware translates dx9. The current version of vulkan is 50% more efficient at execution draw commands than dx9. It is entirely hardware dependent whether to use it or not, not software.

I see. I never heard of dxvk until I tried gaming in linux, so I assumed it was there to better fit in with the linux ecosystem. I wasn't thinking about how old dx9 is or how it doesn't support multithreading or other modern hardware features. Have you used dxvk on Windows? Is it worth it?

3 minutes ago, errorloadingusername said:

Yes. Rename the d3d9.dll and add it in enb.ini under proxy. Set proxy settings to truth and enjoy 

idk i tried this

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=dxvk.dll = renamed d3d9.dll

and it failed, guessing hardware problem not able to support...

Good job. On Nvidia latest drivers, it works perfectly and gives a good boost to FPS even with a very demanding ENB.

For Snapdragon:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
//ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll
ProxyLibrary=dvxk.dll=d3d9_smaa.dll

Clarification for Linux users:

This is NOT needed when playing on Linux.

Wine / POL / Lutris / Proton already use an optimized dxvk.

Dropping this dll into your game on a Linux computer will basically create an infinite loop of translating dxvk into dxvk into dxvk into dxvk ... :P

(Well, not really, it will just either crash or perform inferor)

On Linux, just use Steam and go, or for mod support, this easy installer: https://github.com/rockerbacon/modorganizer2-linux-installer

Edited by King-Crimson

Where did "ddraw.dll" come from?

With this both Skyrim LE and Creation Kit crash before loading screen. Even tried to move ENB elsewhere and load game with those dll only, no effect, guess something (SKSE plugin or whatever) is conflicting super hard

Spoiler

info:  Game: TESV.exe
info:  DXVK: v2.0
info:  Found built-in config:
info:    d3d9.customVendorId = 1002
info:  Effective configuration:
info:    d3d9.customVendorId = 1002
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
info:    OpenXR
info:  OpenVR: could not open registry key, status 2
info:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface

Edited by full_inu
  • 2 weeks later...

many thanks for your dxvk-build ?

i get about 10-15 fps boost in drawcall heavy areas, instantly noticeable. no graphical glitches either unlike regular dxvk. however my ingame memory usage is randomly much much higher, seems like enb doesn't store all textures in vram anymore. for a test i renamed my texture folder, therefore it didn't get loaded and then i had about the normal memory usage. is there an optimized config file for this dxvk-build that could help? anyway i look forward to new releases!